Author Topic: What type of music do you listen to on a day to day basis?  (Read 11853 times)

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
What type of music do you listen to on a day to day basis?
« on: September 22, 2008, 02:21:12 PM »
Well the reason I thought I would start this thread was, I was listening to Metallica's new cd "Death Magnetic with a few of my other favorite bands like Anthrax,Slayer,Sepultura plus a few others to name. Then I thought wow,.....lets see who listens to what on a day to day basis at work, home, etc. When I get up in the morning and have a cup, I need to listen to something fast to get the blood flowing. What are your thoughts on what you like to listen to when your at home,work or just goofing around. If a thread like this exist already then sorry about that for repeating a thread.lol
Transformers,...Robots in disguise!
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
Re: What type of music do you listen to on a day to day basis?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 05:59:52 PM »
a little country and some old rock, and a splash of alternative

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

Offline Fence

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +8/-0
  • Side effects may include being who you are.
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 02:24:22 PM »
Its all Disney Classics for me.

cuyvaldar

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 02:28:01 PM »
Weezer, killers, three days grace, third eye blind, the muse, red hots, fill my music needs.

That is when I listen to my i-pod. Most times at work I listen orchestral music.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
  • Pull your skirt back down, grow a set man
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 03:30:07 PM »
Usually stuff like Dying Fetus, Entombed, Slayer, Children of Bodom, Dissection, Aborted... happy music.

But, if you look through my cd collection you'll find cd's from Ice Cube, Offspring, Lenny Kravitz, Pearl Jam, Mozart, Porcupine Tree, Kid Rock, Clutch, tons of movie soundtracks and scores... just about everything.

Yo I'm sittin on top of the- It's more than a feeling ain't it?
I be killin damn it, I'm illin and I'm illin'
Eh eh eh meet Mr. Popular, Go get your binoculars
And see Penthouse 3 where a ni**a be
They whisperin about us
I know you haters doubt us
How you count our money we ain't even finish countin'
Pardon me I must say, I'm kinda like a big deal...

cuyvaldar

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 06:45:47 PM »
Usually stuff like Dying Fetus, Entombed, Slayer, Children of Bodom, Dissection, Aborted... happy music.

But, if you look through my cd collection you'll find cd's from Ice Cube, Offspring, Lenny Kravitz, Pearl Jam, Mozart, Porcupine Tree, Kid Rock, Clutch, tons of movie soundtracks and scores... just about everything.

Mozart, now that is what I'm talking about.

People who come into my office see me, then see the stuff up in my office, than hear this and look at me all kinds of weird.

I guess Im not the intelligent music type.

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2008, 08:39:22 PM »
Or just a pure metal head is what I would think cuycalder.
My Collection
My Feedback

cuyvaldar

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2008, 09:35:56 PM »
True...

Or a skinhead biker.....??? As I have been described before.

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2008, 09:41:06 PM »
Skinhead biker? I always thought that bikers had long hair like myself and DC do. Thats a new one on me bro. lol :)
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline meandnooneelse

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +4/-0
  • Slayer Design Studios Staff
    • Meandnooneelse Custom Action Figures
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2008, 12:59:51 PM »
Skinhead biker? I always thought that bikers had long hair like myself and DC do. Thats a new one on me bro. lol :)

Skinned head with goatee has become REALLY trendy.

I listen to all forms of Rock, but my preference is thrash metal! Sepultura, Wargasm, Mary Beats Jane, old Metallica. At any time you may hear me listening to the Rolling Stones, Weird Al Yankovic, and being that I am a Christian some Christian rock like Day of Fire or Jonah33. I'm also big on Foo Fighters, Collective Soul, and Third Eye Blind.... well like I said, any form of rock. Oh and I am a kid at heart, so I also love classic Christmas music!

In fact the estimated time in my music library (minus the Christmas stuff) is 119:35:22

What I don't listen to (although there is an ocassional song I like):
1) Rap/Hip-Hop (Especially rap-rock. That invades my territory and pisses me off!)
2) Country
3) Pop
3) Most death metal, the vocals just suck so badly and the lyrical content is usually crap.
My opinion is just that, MY opinion. If you don't like it, just ignore it.

Proud member of the CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society!

My stomach was making the rumblies... that only hands would satisfy.

cuyvaldar

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2008, 01:06:19 PM »

I prefer to be compared to Rob Halfords look...just not cut so close.

In my area a lot of bikers have the skin head look. They don't like anyone with a touch of color to their skin, even degos like me.

I used to have long hair Bob...down to my butt. But I cut it off, got annoying.

Skinned head with goatee has become REALLY trendy.

I listen to all forms of Rock, but my preference is thrash metal! Sepultura, Wargasm, Mary Beats Jane, old Metallica. At any time you may hear me listening to the Rolling Stones, Weird Al Yankovic, and being that I am a Christian some Christian rock like Day of Fire or Jonah33. I'm also big on Foo Fighters, Collective Soul, and Third Eye Blind.... well like I said, any form of rock. Oh and I am a kid at heart, so I also love classic Christmas music!

In fact the estimated time in my music library (minus the Christmas stuff) is 119:35:22

What I don't listen to (although there is an ocassional song I like):
1) Rap/Hip-Hop (Especially rap-rock. That invades my territory and pisses me off!)
2) Country
3) Pop
3) Most death metal, the vocals just suck so badly and the lyrical content is usually crap.

Your right it has for sure. Since stone cold Steve Austin had the look.

Rap is honestly not music, Its unintelligent garbled crap.  Though there are a few songs and artists I like.
Will Smith to be one...Philly pride in the hizhouse!!!!!!!!!

Jazz now that is good music.

I have a lot of Christmas music as well.

Christian fan huh...me too.
Do you ever listen to Skillet?

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2008, 06:06:42 PM »
Nothing wrong in listening to Christmax music. I listen to some at the holidays myself, but I listen to the funny songs of Christmas and nothing nasty either since Christmas to me is near and dear to me.
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline meandnooneelse

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +4/-0
  • Slayer Design Studios Staff
    • Meandnooneelse Custom Action Figures
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2008, 11:15:59 PM »
Rap is honestly not music, Its unintelligent garbled crap.  Though there are a few songs and artists I like.
My problem with rap is most artists like to promote ignorance and a total lack of respect for others. In addition most of the "music" in rap is just bits and pieces (samples of beats or synthesized horns, etc) mixed together by someone who cannot create music themeselves. Many of these "artists" just mix something someone else created and have no concept of musical theory or how to create a melody or harmony. It's just putting pre-existing parts in a mixer and adding a bunch of strung together lyrical phrases over it. Usually the lyrics are just exaggerated bragging: "I'm badder than you. I have more money than you. I have more girls than you. I'm a thug." Which all translates into: I'm shallow, self-centered, and greedy. But as far as style wise, without melody in the music, it has no appeal to me.

Agreed! I have to be in the mood for it, but a nice glass of wine and some cool jazz just soothes the soul. I have this double CD set called "Jazz For When You're Not Alone". Oh it is wonderful for relaxing with a lady. ;)

Skillet is pretty cool. They're nice and heavy, more of a nu metal sound though. I prefer Day of Fire and Jonah33. Still good and heavy but more my style.
My opinion is just that, MY opinion. If you don't like it, just ignore it.

Proud member of the CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society!

My stomach was making the rumblies... that only hands would satisfy.

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2008, 10:22:39 AM »
I hear ya on that smooth jazz meandnooneelse. I love to play some jazz when I've been with a band before.
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline Fence

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +8/-0
  • Side effects may include being who you are.
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2008, 02:30:10 PM »
Mostly Alternative Rock.
Latley its been Eagles of Death Metal, NIN, The Hives, Queens of the Stoneage,etc

cuyvaldar

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2008, 12:44:46 PM »
My problem with rap is most artists like to promote ignorance and a total lack of respect for others. In addition most of the "music" in rap is just bits and pieces (samples of beats or synthesized horns, etc) mixed together by someone who cannot create music themeselves. Many of these "artists" just mix something someone else created and have no concept of musical theory or how to create a melody or harmony. It's just putting pre-existing parts in a mixer and adding a bunch of strung together lyrical phrases over it. Usually the lyrics are just exaggerated bragging: "I'm badder than you. I have more money than you. I have more girls than you. I'm a thug." Which all translates into: I'm shallow, self-centered, and greedy. But as far as style wise, without melody in the music, it has no appeal to me.

Agreed! I have to be in the mood for it, but a nice glass of wine and some cool jazz just soothes the soul. I have this double CD set called "Jazz For When You're Not Alone". Oh it is wonderful for relaxing with a lady. ;)

Skillet is pretty cool. They're nice and heavy, more of a nu metal sound though. I prefer Day of Fire and Jonah33. Still good and heavy but more my style.

I'll have to check those christian bands out.

Those are my feelings on rap as well. Personally the whole, "it's my culture" mentality gets on my nerves. I know a lot of black people, some of whom I consider family, and they hate anything to do with the rap scene, ghetto/thug mentality and they are all extremely intelligent people.

So I'm not seeing the, it's my culture bs.

I love jazz, it is something I can relax too as well. I listen to it at work most times, it keeps the mind at ease, while getting yelled at via the people and the man.

Offline Darth Zombius

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +8/-0
  • Four Horseman!! Awww Yeah!!
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2008, 01:19:55 PM »
Well for me I'm Into Reggae, All kinds, Cali, Roots, HC you name it (Sublime, Slightly Stoopid, Pepper, Bob Marley, Peter Tosh and Skin Dred! And I link Rock... Alt, Classic, Heavy... Etc (Pink Floyd, Zep, The Guess Who, Metallica, HED P.E., Wumpascut, too many more!)

I do like Hip/Hop & Rap but I like lowbeat and decent lyric driven Rap (Mos Def, The Grouch, Diggable Planet, Living Legends, Nappy Roots)

I like Country too but not the Pop crap. I like Roots (Willie, Haggard, Hank, Arlo) and Bluegrass and (Son Volt, Wilco, Uncle Tuepelo, Drive By Truckers.)

I'm pretty eclecitic... 
"Oh, yes. Wormheads. Twin tendrils off head. Females much yum-yum."
―Vilmarh Grahr

cuyvaldar

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2008, 01:15:39 PM »

I do like Hip/Hop & Rap but I like lowbeat and decent lyric driven Rap (Mos Def, The Grouch, Diggable Planet, Living Legends, Nappy Roots)

That's the kind of rap I like as well.

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2008, 05:58:08 PM »
Today I have been listening to one of my most favorite bands which is "Anthrax". Right now it is the album Anthrax - "Spreading the disease"  that I have playing right now. Some good ol metal that will get the blood pumping that's for sure. If you have the album, then you know what I am talking about and the metal trashing mad it brings to you.  :partyon: :partyon:
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline DarthZannah

• Junior Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2008, 10:55:30 PM »
Lately it's been Celtic music.   Gaelic Storm, Tartan Terrors and Steve McDonald.  Love them bagpipes!!!!!

Offline Incom

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +4/-0
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2008, 05:35:01 AM »
Day to day? Well, when I get up I don't listen to music, but watch the morning news. On my way to work I always play one of my 500 CDs. Today it's Fatboy Slim with Between the Gutter and the Stars. At work I listen to the radio, but hardly pay attention to it. Mostly mainstream stuff.

At home I tune in to an alternative music station called KinkFM. In the old days, these guys would play Sepultura at 6.30 a.m. Now that's waking up nice and easy!

But most of the time I listen to CDs, varying from metal to funk and from dance to 50s blues.

What I don't listen to and honestly despise, is our own Dutch music (at least in our language). English singing Dutch artists are really o.k. though, but those others..... yuck.

Offline Darth Zombius

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +8/-0
  • Four Horseman!! Awww Yeah!!
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2008, 06:14:19 PM »
We have a KINK here in Portland, OR... But they would never play Sepulura! It's more of Adult Alternative WTF that means? LOL...

I love that Fatboy CD... Good driving music my friend.

Day to day? Well, when I get up I don't listen to music, but watch the morning news. On my way to work I always play one of my 500 CDs. Today it's Fatboy Slim with Between the Gutter and the Stars. At work I listen to the radio, but hardly pay attention to it. Mostly mainstream stuff.

At home I tune in to an alternative music station called KinkFM. In the old days, these guys would play Sepultura at 6.30 a.m. Now that's waking up nice and easy!

But most of the time I listen to CDs, varying from metal to funk and from dance to 50s blues.

What I don't listen to and honestly despise, is our own Dutch music (at least in our language). English singing Dutch artists are really o.k. though, but those others..... yuck.

"Oh, yes. Wormheads. Twin tendrils off head. Females much yum-yum."
―Vilmarh Grahr

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2008, 09:39:54 PM »
Adult Alternative, thats the s**t that you listen to when your in the elevator at a hopistal, hoping that you don't have to fart because it will bring a man to tears. :roflmao:

We have a KINK here in Portland, OR... But they would never play Sepulura! It's more of Adult Alternative WTF that means? LOL...

I love that Fatboy CD... Good driving music my friend.

My Collection
My Feedback

Offline DarkLordOfTheBith

• New Recruit
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • BRING LOWIE BACK
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2008, 07:47:40 AM »
I like to listen to ska bands such as streetlight manifesto and reel big fish

Offline Coleman Trebor

• S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +8/-0
  • You ain't much if you ain't Dutch
    • www.gator.nl
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2008, 08:33:12 AM »
At work I always listen to Streaming Soundtracks.
The one and only Dirty Dutchman!!!!

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
  • What's so wrong about wanting power converters?
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2008, 10:53:38 AM »
a little country and some old rock...

What are you, an Osmond or something?

;)

:roflmao:

Best post so far in this thread. What's scary is that no one actually called you out on it. Maybe they believed you?

:) SUPPORT JEFFERSON'S JEDI! :)

MY FEEDBACK
thejawa.com - Scavenging the Collectibles Galaxy!

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2008, 07:51:31 PM »
Here lately I've been on (Anthrax - Persistence of time) and POV videos and ALL their music with Joe belladonna not the John bush days.
My Collection
My Feedback

cuyvaldar

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2008, 08:54:35 PM »
Currently listening too down and sad music, cause that is what I am.

Nothing wrong, just ashamed of a lot of things in this world.

Offline Coleman Trebor

• S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +8/-0
  • You ain't much if you ain't Dutch
    • www.gator.nl
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2008, 05:08:40 AM »
Currently listening too down and sad music, cause that is what I am.

Nothing wrong, just ashamed of a lot of things in this world.

I am sure its not all your fault. Don't be too hard on yourself!
The one and only Dirty Dutchman!!!!

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2008, 07:54:34 AM »
a little country and some old rock...

What are you, an Osmond or something?

;)

:roflmao:

Best post so far in this thread. What's scary is that no one actually called you out on it. Maybe they believed you?

who didn't think Marie was hot back in the day  ;)    i remember rolling in the Hyundai out west and listening to high school musical in the Fence-mobile  ;D

I'm all out of bubble gum.....