Author Topic: ITLOF: Are you Using Sandtroopers.com?  (Read 12848 times)

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
ITLOF: Are you Using Sandtroopers.com?
« on: November 08, 2006, 09:37:13 AM »
Dustrho is getting back to basics with a little extra know-how for those of you who are new to the trenches of Sandtroopers.com! Check out his latest installment and sound off here!
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline TAMER

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +133/-0
Re: ITLOF: Are you Using Sandtroopers.com?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 11:22:57 AM »
good article. yep, this is the only SW site and forum I use. I have gotten almost all of my SW collection, including walkers, from this place. I have seen so much selflessness at this place and have met troopers from around the world. I dont know why forum members are not more active. There is nothing not to like here.

Offline Darth Aussie

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +39/-0
  • Australian Sith Lord!
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 07:03:44 AM »
Amen
Tie those Scalpers down sport!  Fair Dinkum!

Offline scalperhunter1

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2006, 05:04:57 PM »
Once again Dustrho tells it like it is and leaves no room for argument.
If it wasn't for Spice being at Celebration III I might possibly be using another SW site.
I have yet to find anything about Sandtroopers.Com that is worthy of criticism and that is just one of many reasons why I call this place home.
Light side, dark side, light side, dark side, light side, dark side. So many choices, so little time.

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2006, 09:23:55 PM »
well said guys and this place keeps getting better every year because of cats like you Troopers!

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

Offline Jaing Skirata

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • Keldabe kiss anyone?
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2006, 09:35:19 AM »
What a great article.

I have been a member of the site for just over 1 year (Oct. 20th was my ann.). In that time, I have met, and I'd like to think, have made friends with several like minded adults. I've only met one in person at this time though. It's a great community. I really fell like I can trust the members here and everyone is out to help each other and not for personal gain. I'll be honest, I do check several other sites periodically, just trying to find that one little nugget of info that goes beyond what the others have. However, I am not a member of any of those sites.

Rock on ST's and keep the quality persons and info available to t he rest of us!
Personell Officer Mandalorian Mercs Costuming Club
www.mandalorianmercs.com
myspace.com/jaingskirata
http://mercs.firespray.net/wiki/index.php?title=A%27den_Skirata

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2007, 12:38:34 AM »
HAIL TO THE SANDTROOPERS,

This is the only site I get my information and I add information to. I do read other sites looking for other questions from the hasbro Q&A. But I prefer sandtroopers as this is my home. I am a true supporter too the T and very loyal.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 11:52:07 PM by VadersFist »
Transformers,...Robots in disguise!
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
  • What's so wrong about wanting power converters?
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2007, 01:03:22 PM »
Love this site. 100%. Best group of guys (and gals) out there (with the exception of my FF brothers who are also here!).

My only regret is that I didn't join the ranks sooner. I would have loved the opportunity to hang with you guys at C3.

:) SUPPORT JEFFERSON'S JEDI! :)

MY FEEDBACK
thejawa.com - Scavenging the Collectibles Galaxy!

Offline chewykingwookie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +63/-0
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2007, 05:44:59 PM »
This is definitely one of the best sites I have come across. I want to thank Jimsjedi and Bosskmr for telling me about this site. I met those two guys on the ROTS release day at Target. I am sure they remember my wife walking up and saying "Hey Geeks". lol A lil after that is when I found out about this site Jim had told me about it but I could barely hear what he said (very windy that day outside WW) luckily I met up with Mike a week or so later and he told me the name and I have been here since. I meet up with Jim and Mike (bosskmr) every once in a while at a Target or Wal-mart. We hit the same stores on our way to our work places. 

I also meet up with Darthwormie and DarthLucanus on a regular basis and have met up with Trooper Jon a couple of times. I have also met up with J' Quille while I was in MN this summer. I have known him for a few yrs prior to joining here. Since joining I have spread the word to a number of people and help to continue to build the member base with great Troopers.

this site has definitely been a help to me with the store reports and all. I just hope I can give back as much as I have received from here.

Keep up the great work troopers. Let's keep the ball rolling.

Offline Beanie

• Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +9/-0
  • Chris "Beanie"
    • Foxboro Imperial Syndicate
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2007, 08:27:20 PM »
I have really been enjoying this site and it has become my sole santuary for collecting news and exchanging collecting finds with other Sandtrooper members.

I not bashing other sites but I find Sandtroopers the one to suit my needs better than other ones I have used in the past.

I was referred to Sandtroopers by both Darth Wormie and chewykingwookie who I knew from Fan Force, and I owe them both a great debt of gratitude.

I feel that posting what I find at local store reports and what others post on the the threads is a very benificial and makes for a more enjoyable love of Star Wars collecting.

It has kept me from going to a store that would of been a waste of travel time and directed me where to go to find what I need.

On the whole this site is definetly the superior information site for Star Wars collecting and I am very glad to be a member.

And Sandtroopers is what other sites should strive to be like.

I look forward to meeting new and longtime members and exchanging helpful information, trades, and purchases for the benifit of all.

And hopefully I will meet some members face to face at Celebration IV.

Thanks to everyone on the staff for doing a great job and keep up the great work.

Chris
http://boards.theforce.net/Foxboro,_MA/b10654/

My feedback : http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6715.0

Formerly "Mohawk-Elvis" or as a friend once said "Darth Identity Crisis"  :D

Offline dustrho

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +84/-0
  • S.C.A.L.P. Weapons Supplier
    • dustrho on Twitter
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2007, 08:39:48 PM »
Thank you VERY much for the warm compliments! We do appreciate it, and we strive to be the best all around Star Wars site possible. We wouldn't be jack s**t without all you troopers out there supporting us, so thank YOU everyone for being there with us.

UNITED WE FIND!

Offline Bloodant

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +98/-0
  • If at 1st you don't succeed, skydiving isn't 4 you
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2007, 10:43:50 PM »
I have been visting this site for many years, and it has been my home page in all that time. It is a very well thought out site and has tons of great features. I think the the toy review section is simply awesome. One of my favorite sections is everyone elses collection page. I don't feel like I am the only one "collecting vast amounts of toys LOL.
Soon i hope to post my own collection, right here on ST.com of course.

BTW thank you for having this site. It is nice to know there are fellow fans out there who care.
Wants
Feedback
My Blog
New Recruits
私は星戦争を愛する!

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2007, 08:40:07 PM »
We need to keep hearing from more members like you Bloodant! A Clippers fan too? YOU should be using ST.com!  ;D
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline Bloodant

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +98/-0
  • If at 1st you don't succeed, skydiving isn't 4 you
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2007, 01:12:34 AM »
I'm sure I'll be hearing a lot of slack about liking them Clippers, but it's all in fun. :P
Wants
Feedback
My Blog
New Recruits
私は星戦争を愛する!

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2007, 11:46:53 PM »
Hello troops,
I tell all of my friends about this website and how you guys are the best. I spread the word on this site because I love sandtroopers.com and I am very devoted,loyal to sandtroopers website. I love this place and tell my friends that they need to support us as well join us in the good fight.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 11:52:34 PM by VadersFist »
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline 704Scorch

• Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +5/-0
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2007, 07:20:18 PM »
I just read this article and it is a good one. I for one have been excited to have found this site and all the "tools" inside it. I have been telling the Charlotte Fan Force (our local SW fan club) about what an invaluable site it is. Thanks to all our commanding officers for what they do, and thanks to all my fellow troops for the commradere. United We Find!
"Is The Dark Afraid Of You?"

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2007, 01:00:05 AM »
Thats right because sandtroopers (United we find),amen brother.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 09:19:06 AM by VadersFist »
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline dustrho

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +84/-0
    • dustrho on Twitter
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2007, 09:30:49 AM »
Since you're here reading this message, more than likely you're currently using Sandtroopers.com. Whether you're using it for the checklists, image guides, reviews, event coverage or participating in the forums, you ARE using this site to help make your Star Wars hobby all the better. Tell us how you're using the site to improve your overall Star Wars experience. United We Find!

Offline TAMER

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +133/-0
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2007, 02:52:40 PM »
I donned my trooper tshirt today and loaded up the family for my toyrun. I found out using the local store forums thread that a close to my area trooper saw the new ships so I headed out! This place has saved me hundreds in gas funds alone! To be quite honest, I have made friends here that I value more than many of my childhood friends I have lived around all my life. The troopers have been found to be more trustworthy! It is also nice to associate with a group of people who value sincerity and honesty and integrity and helping thier fellow trooper!

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
  • What's so wrong about wanting power converters?
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2007, 08:56:05 AM »
To be quite honest, I have made friends here that I value more than many of my childhood friends I have lived around all my life. The troopers have been found to be more trustworthy! It is also nice to associate with a group of people who value sincerity and honesty and integrity and helping thier fellow trooper!

Agreed!

I for one have been excited to have found this site and all the "tools" inside it.

Who you calling a tool? :P

;D

:) SUPPORT JEFFERSON'S JEDI! :)

MY FEEDBACK
thejawa.com - Scavenging the Collectibles Galaxy!

Offline Darth Ravenous

• Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +3/-0
  • "I Am The Senate!"
    • MySpace
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2007, 08:43:40 PM »
I've only been a member of ST for about a week now, since the dissolution of TheJawa.com.

I was immediately drawn to ST for the broad range of forum topics.  I took note of how helpful the Troopers were in the Trade/Classified sections.  Like theJawa, i also became fond of the 'small-town hospitality' feel of ST that some of the other SW forums severely lack.

We're all here to share our love and our hobby with the SW saga, and it shows.  I'm glad to already count you among my friends.   ;D

Offline dustrho

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +84/-0
    • dustrho on Twitter
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2007, 08:46:05 PM »
I'm extremely glad to have you here DarthNexu. Thanks for hopping on the dewback, because they never break down.

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2007, 08:49:57 PM »
since the dissolution of TheJawa.com

Actually I've got team ST working hard on the reconstruction of the Jawa. I've got a crew in place, some won't be arriving until the witching hour but trust me when I say to you I'm working on it. The Jawa is going no where. We just have to get the Sandcrawler ready for battle! Oh, and WELCOME home my friend it truly brings a smile to my face to see all the glowing eyes!

Offline Darth Ravenous

• Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +3/-0
  • "I Am The Senate!"
    • MySpace
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2007, 09:33:18 PM »
since the dissolution of TheJawa.com

Actually I've got team ST working hard on the reconstruction of the Jawa. I've got a crew in place, some won't be arriving until the witching hour but trust me when I say to you I'm working on it. The Jawa is going no where. We just have to get the Sandcrawler ready for battle! Oh, and WELCOME home my friend it truly brings a smile to my face to see all the glowing eyes!

My bad, DS.  Maybe 'dissolution' was a harsh term.  'Reconstruction' sounds much much better.   ;)

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2007, 12:05:17 AM »
Sandtroopers is like a machine as dusthro said. This machine will never break down and continues too run on forever. Nor will this machine of Sandtroopers surrender to any of the other enemies.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 12:07:00 AM by VadersFist »
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2007, 11:48:03 AM »

I was immediately drawn to ST for the broad range of forum topics.  I took note of how helpful the Troopers were in the Trade/Classified sections.  Like theJawa, i also became fond of the 'small-town hospitality' feel of ST that some of the other SW forums severely lack.

It's what we are all about, and we're glad you feel right at home here !

Offline keyboard53

• Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +9/-0
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2007, 01:20:47 PM »
This is a great site!  I access it at least twice a day to keep informed about what's new and in which stores the new stuff is being seen.

I've done some trades with fellow troopers that have been quite successful. 

Keep this site up and running!  United We Find!

Offline White Rabbit a.k.a. Desfiy

• Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +5/-0
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2008, 02:52:31 PM »
I used to belong to Rebelscum, however there was a disagreement between me and another member, he tried to rip three of the members off (I was one of them, and when we got angry about it the head person sided with him), so I chose to leave the site.

So I was wandering from site to site looking for a good one, and I stumbled upon this one, and unless I am fed to the rancor or anything I am here to stay.

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2008, 07:04:20 PM »
Glad you are hear to stay my friend. ST.com is the best website and forum rated #1 in my book. :td:
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2008, 08:44:43 PM »
Glad you are hear to stay my friend. ST.com is the best website and forum rated #1 in my book. :td:

truer words have never been spoken!