Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The News / Dewback Patrol: Count-I-Con 2017 Photo Gallery
« Last post by Darth Spice on Today at 09:49:14 AM »
We have added a photo gallery from Count-I-Con 2017 held at the Lake County Fairgrounds in Grayslake, IL.  The largest pop culture convention in the county seems to have taken a bit of a step back in terms of guests and programming but needless to say my small landing party managed to find a nice selection of new Star Wars product and a couple of gems from other toy lines as well.  Click below for nearly 70 photos from our tour of duty!

The News / This just in from Brian's Toys:
« Last post by Darth Spice on Today at 09:26:55 AM »
This week we have the newest wave of Black Series Star Wars the Last Jedi 6-inch figures.  You can purchase individually or you can get the entire wave of 8 for $169.99.  We have also listed the Hot Toys Kylo Ren sixth scale figure for pre-order.  Vintage collectors can find a ton of new arrivals of Return of the Jedi AFA carded figures.  For this and so much more check out the the newsletter or click below to visit the largest inventory of Star Wars collectibles in the world!

- click above to enter -
The latest Walgreens Exclusive Black Series figure, Obi-Wan Kenobi (Force Spirit) has been making it's way to retail stores the past couple weeks. Historically Walgreens exclusives tend to not be such a tough find but after the photos I saw online of Walgreens shipping, retail is no doubt the way to go.  It seems online they've been shipping the figure in an envelope,which isn't a good thing unless you open your figures.  I'm not quite sure why after all these years, retail still doesn't seen to understand the concept of collectors wanting mint packaging.  Thanks again to Twin Suns Eric Pfeifer for the heads up, United We Find!

The News / New Star Wars Pre-Orders & in stock items!
« Last post by Darth Spice on Today at 08:57:44 AM »

Hasbro Force Link:  Bring the galaxy to life with Force Link! Wear Force Link gear to activate lights, sounds, and more in Force Link-activated figures, accessories, vehicles, and playsets. With Force Link, the power of the Force is in your hands!

Bandai Japan:  The Meisho Movie Realization series is back to complete your Star Wars collection with an exquisitely rendered Stormtrooper, designed to evoke an ancient Japanese Foot Soldier.

Funko:  Funko figures bring your favorite characters to life with a unique stylized design! Each vinyl figure stands 1 to 6 inches tall and comes in window box packaging, making them great for display.

Hot Toys:  From smash hit movies and TV shows comes 1/6 scale figures of your favorite heroes, villains, and even robots! Each incredibly detailed figure  comes with realistic head sculpts and series-accurate accessories, weapons, and display bases.

- Click to Enter Big Bad Toy Store -
The News / Mos Eisley News Brief: Inferno Squadron hitting Gamestop
« Last post by Darth Spice on Today at 08:32:55 AM »
For those of you still looking for the Gamestop Exclusive Inferno Squad Agent, you might want to try to find one through their store locator.  It could very well be easier than paying inflated prices because we all know when they're gone, they are gone! Click the link below to see if any are in your area. United We Find.

The News / Mos Eisley News Brief: Wave 2 in stock at HTS
« Last post by Darth Spice on October 20, 2017, 07:09:50 AM »
If you are already tired of seeing wave one remnants such as Rose, Paige and General Hux everytime you hit a retail store, HasbroToyShop.com is offering the latest wave of 3 3/4 inch figures.  As of this post Jyn Erso, DJ (Canto Bight), Luke Skywalker (Jedi Exile), Rey (Island Journey), R2-D2 and General Leia Organa are all in stock!  Thanks again to Yakface.com for the heads up, United We Find!

The News / Last Signing for Dave Prowse with Offical Pix
« Last post by Darth Spice on October 20, 2017, 07:00:25 AM »
For those of you who do not have but still want, there is one last chance for you to obtain the autograph of Dave Prowse the actor who portrayed Darth Vader in Star Wars IV, V and VI.  Due to a continued decline in his health, travel is no longer an option and he is doing one more appearance in the U.K. and this for fans in the United States.  We at Sandtroopers.com would like to thank Dave for all of the memories over the years.  I was fortunate to be at more than a couple events with the Dark Lord and memories to last a lifetime. Click below for details and make sure to get your item in before the deadline!

The News / Mos Eisley News Brief: Poe / Finn Bromance Brewing?
« Last post by Darth Spice on October 20, 2017, 06:16:43 AM »
Actor John Boyega responded to a question about whether or not the Star Wars franchise has a responsibility to be more progressive and inclusive.  This discussion has gone on for a couple of years now and I think it's pretty safe to say not even a risk as far making the movie goes.  Countless movie and television shows have had same sex couples for decades and ultimately Star Wars is about children and a subject like this really doesn't matter in science fiction.  For more, click below and thanks to Comic Book Resource for the link.

The News / The Science of Star Wars Episode 4 takes Flight!
« Last post by Darth Spice on October 19, 2017, 10:43:36 AM »
Lucasfilm and Disney have released the fourth episode of Science and Star Wars, the popular digital series that answers how close real-world science has come to our favorite Star Wars technology. Today's episode explores Hover Vehicle Technology.  The team is joined by Diana Williams of Lucasfilm Story Group -- one of the four people responsible for determining all Star Wars canon -- to help construct (and test drive) an actual human-sized land speeder made out of plywood, cardboard and leaf blowers.

With modern science, there are two major ways engineers can replicate 'speeders' from the Star Wars films and pop culture: 1) through the use of compressed air to "hover" hardware; and 2) the use of repellent magnetic forces to levitate objects for a faster, smoother ride. Both are discussed by experts in their respective fields, including USC professor of aeronautical engineering David Barnhart and magnetoelectronics expert Kevin Roche.  Over the course of the next six episodes, Science and Star Wars will continue to explore science fantasy, science fact, and the gray area in between, Tuesdays on the official Star Wars Facebook page.  Click below for the fourth episode!

The News / Dewback Preview: Count-I-Con 2017
« Last post by Darth Spice on October 19, 2017, 10:34:37 AM »
This weekend is the 4th annual Count-I-Con from the Lake County Fairgrounds in Grayslake, IL.  Click below for show information and programming. There will be a variety of art and toy vendors and perhaps that gem you've been looking for?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10