Author Topic: Bad Feedback Thread  (Read 25783 times)

Offline Boba Bix

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +19/-0
Re: Bad Feedback Thread
« Reply #90 on: April 08, 2006, 01:13:41 PM »
I have recently had a bad trade experience with someone who visits Sandtroopers.com.  I do not know what his username is, because he read a post I made one day, and instead of PMing me, he emailed me.  His email address was DEEPDRILLING@aol.com, and his real name is Henry.  We agreed on a 2 for 1 trade.  I sent him a Holo Ki-Adi and a Lushros Dofine, and he was going to send me a CDR Cody.

Here is an excerpt from the email:

"Please be careful with the way you pack them. I live in a building and our mailman sometimes shoves boxes in our mailbox damaging the cards. I will pack your Cody with lots of care and I will ship on Friday as well.

Please, get delivery confirmation and send me the tracking numbers. I will do the same for you. That way we can both follow where the parcels are at.

Thanks in advance for the trade,

Henry"

Well, that was the last I heard from him, and my figures were sent back, with a return to sender stamp and taped on note.  I have emailed him, with no luck.  The figures are in fine shape, but I still wasted $5 for shipping.

If anyone knows who Henry (from Miami) is, please let me know.  I do have his last name, but I will withhold that unless PM's are sent to me.

Thanks for any help,
John

Offline blues_ux

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +2/-0
    • http://www.myspace.com/blues_ux
« Reply #91 on: April 08, 2006, 01:37:04 PM »
that sucks. so he's from Miami? interesting.......
in any case, you should check the rebelscum forums area reports, that are a couple of people from miami there, you might find him or something

Offline reikirex

• Junior Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +4/-0
When is Bad really Bad?
« Reply #92 on: June 06, 2006, 01:00:52 AM »
So I am just wondering how to know when bad is really bad. Giving someone bad feedback is really damaging, but not giving bad feedback may let someone else get screwed... Here are a few points..

1} Time; i believe packages should always be mailed within 1 week, no matter what( even death in the family, illness etc, A week is a long time.)
     2} Condition, you are supposed to get a c-8 and you get a c-7 , A one grade drop is marginally acceptable but to going from a c-9 to a c-7 is fraud.( a 2 grade diff is very noticable!)
      3}Poor packaging; there is no excuse for very poor packaging. Any idot can at least use shreded newspaper to protect those bendy cards and sharp corners.
        4}Slow or no payment; here I see no real excuse for this, Paypal is a must, but a money order is only 99 cents at any 7-eleven. Pay ! Pay ! Pay !

My conclusion - Any one of this offenses could be a negative fedback, but 2 or more must be a negative!
Those who can not see the force need only close their eyes and open their mind!

Offline TAMER

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +133/-0
« Reply #93 on: June 06, 2006, 04:42:39 AM »
I have found the moderators here have been very helpful when I was having a hard time with a deal. First, if there are any questions, please ask the moderators here about the deal, they will let you know what is fair and proper. Also take a minute to talk with one of them before bad feedback is left. I dont know how many times when I first started here trading that I almost put my foot in my mouth with bad feedback, but through the help of dustrho, reconsgt, and others I was able to be patient and figure out the whole trading thing. Now dont get me wrong, negative feedback should be left when all avenues of approach have failed as it is necessary to protect other troopers, but should only be left after reasonable efforts have been made to resolve trade conflicts. Heck, communication errors can happen at any step in the process. However, once you try to ruin someone's rep. then you are telling people something about yourself too. I do believe reikirex that many of your points are valid, just contact the moderators before you leave bad feedback. That way you can be supported one hundred percent with the full backing of the sandtrooper garrisons.

Offline dustrho

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +84/-0
  • S.C.A.L.P. Weapons Supplier
    • dustrho on Twitter
Re: When is Bad really Bad?
« Reply #94 on: June 06, 2006, 07:32:20 AM »
Condition, you are supposed to get a c-8 and you get a c-7 , A one grade drop is marginally acceptable but to going from a c-9 to a c-7 is fraud.( a 2 grade diff is very noticable!)

You can't go by that, because what the seller thinks is a C-8 may not be what you think a C-8 should be. It's really hard to start throwing out grading scales on Star Wars toys, because it's all based on opinion and will never be factual. Point being, if you or anyone here are anal about grading scales then I would at the very least ask for pictures of the product(s) you are thinking about buying or trading for. If they don't have pictures, then move on.

And as TAMER mentioned we (staff) are here to help give anyone advice or assistance, but we do not regulate the trades here so you and everyone else should buy/sell/trade at your own risk.

UNITED WE FIND!

Offline reikirex

• Junior Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +4/-0
When is Bad really Bad? conclusion.
« Reply #95 on: June 08, 2006, 01:02:28 PM »
Thanks for the comments on my post. I am used to doing all my buisness on E-Bay, so it is important that I understand what the people here on Sandtroopers feel.   In general I wouldnt leave negative feedback for someone unless I thought it was the absolute last resort.  I read the many posts about Darth Nasty. It seems that if people had dealt with him sooner, it would have stopped a lot of his scamming down the road. Now then, everyone deserves a 2nd chance, but not a 3rd, 4th 5th... I have only seen a few negatives so I am hopefull that everyone here is honest and responsible. I have done 4 deals now and only had one problem when a traders dog ate one of my figures, oh well I dont think dogs care much about feedback!
Those who can not see the force need only close their eyes and open their mind!

Offline jedichirp

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +15/-0
Re: When is Bad really Bad? conclusion.
« Reply #96 on: June 09, 2006, 07:31:06 AM »
had one problem when a traders dog ate one of my figures,

LOL...I guess dogs don't stop at just eating homework...LOL...Now that's funny!!!!!! :haha:

Offline wickedempire

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +44/-0
  • Yes, I'm a Bust Fanactic......
« Reply #97 on: June 09, 2006, 06:59:50 PM »
Well I can see that happen, I mean dogs love to chew things and when some people pack they put stuff on the ground....YUM YUM for dogs!!! hehe, I hope it wasn't a really hard to get figure! Everyone I've dealt with have been pretty good... I think this place is much safer than ebay....

Offline Wayne

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Wayne
« Reply #98 on: February 07, 2007, 12:42:49 PM »
stormies-r-evil  gets added here for now, I still have not received my end of a trade dating back 2 months. No replies to email or PM.

Offline TAMER

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +133/-0
« Reply #99 on: February 07, 2007, 06:34:00 PM »
dang, I was hoping I wouldnt see this thread pop up again. Thanks for the heads up Wayne.

Offline fishboy_254

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +112/-0
« Reply #100 on: May 16, 2007, 05:23:53 PM »
I hate to add another name to the list, but I have to put Wickedempire up.  Over a month ago I sent out some Koto statues and still haven't seen any form or payment and all attempts at email communication or PM's have failed. 
Needed: 
             Saga Gold Boba Fett

MR FX Mace Saber
             MR FX Kenobi Saber ROTS
             Hasbro Maul FX - double blade
             Hasbro Kenobi FX - Ep I
             Hasbro Dooku FX

Offline Jedi Scholar 8

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #101 on: May 16, 2007, 05:34:29 PM »
That is very odd.  Wicked has been a very good and reliable Trooper in the past.  I hope nothing has happened to him.  I'm sure the Mods will do their best to contact Wicked and see what's up.

Pat

Offline Bloodant

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +98/-0
  • If at 1st you don't succeed, skydiving isn't 4 you
« Reply #102 on: May 16, 2007, 05:46:06 PM »
I hate to add another name to the list, but I have to put Wickedempire up.  Over a month ago I sent out some Koto statues and still haven't seen any form or payment and all attempts at email communication or PM's have failed. 
I think he had some family probs or somehitne I had to email him to get something shipped but never really heard from him.
I emailed and PM'd a lot.
Wants
Feedback
My Blog
New Recruits
私は星戦争を愛する!

Offline TAMER

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +133/-0
« Reply #103 on: May 17, 2007, 08:35:22 AM »
Daggone. WE has been pretty reliable, I have done a lot of trading with him. I hope he makes good on his end of the deal. He has always been fair to me in the past.

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #104 on: May 22, 2007, 12:40:15 AM »
I really hate to hear of any trooper on here getting bad deals but i guess things happen or people ignor things ect, but either way doing something bad like this too someone i think isnt cool.
Transformers,...Robots in disguise!
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline Major fett

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +52/-0
« Reply #105 on: June 01, 2007, 11:04:35 PM »
I realize with the community that ST.com you feel like everyone here is trustworthy, but on something like this I would have taken payment first then shipped. If it was just a couple figures or a BP or something small I would have his back and send you the money but since we're talking about Koto's I will not go out on that limb as I have not seen or spoken to Glen in three weeks. I too hope nothing bad has happened to him, sorry I don't have any answers this is not like him at all at least everytime I've dealt with him.
You'll soon realize I am the last of the Jedi, And your time has come to an end!

TAC Coins Needed
3, 9, 11, 34, 51, 52, 54.