Author Topic: Bad Feedback Thread  (Read 25774 times)

Offline dustrho

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +84/-0
  • S.C.A.L.P. Weapons Supplier
    • dustrho on Twitter
Bad Feedback Thread
« on: December 06, 2004, 02:08:03 PM »
If you have had any experiences with trades, sellings or purchases this is the place to discuss it.  Please keep it somewhat clean and to the point.  If we have any negative feedback posted here I will add a new list to this message with that person's name/alias.

Offline gonk24

• Junior Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +1/-0
Re: Bad Feedback Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2005, 01:23:12 PM »
Feedback rating pulled pending communication with member.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2005, 02:52:20 PM by gonk24 »

Offline dustrho

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +84/-0
    • dustrho on Twitter
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2005, 01:55:51 PM »
Sorry to hear about that gonk, but did you happen to try communicating with him via email or PMs before posting here?  I used to be just as "picky" and "anal" as you, but since it's hard enough trying to find ANYTHING in stores that I usually will take anything I can get my hands on.  I wish I could have suggested to you to ask for pictures from him prior to settling on the trade, but lets see if we get bothen to reply to this.  Like I already said, it would be best (for future reference) to try communicating privately before bringing this out in public.

Offline gonk24

• Junior Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2005, 02:57:16 PM »
Nothing here
« Last Edit: May 10, 2005, 09:11:58 PM by gonk24 »

Offline Jimsjedi

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
  • What are you whinning about now?
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2005, 05:15:55 PM »
Gonk24,
              Sorry to hear about a bad trade. You will always have at least one trade that doesn't go as planned. I have been trading online for about 5 years, and ran into a very similar situation a few years back. I was trading for a Sio Bibble, and really didn't have to give too much up for him. I am a carded collector and will let things slide from time to time as long as it is very minor. The person I was trading with said that the figure was MOC (Mint on Card) with no damage. When I got it in the mail the front of the card was perfect but the back had 2 very large creases on the package. I contacted the person, and told hime of the situation, and said only the front was MOC, not the back totally changing what he said. I told him I was not happy and asked to cancel the trade and to send me my items back. In the end the trade was returned, and we went our seperate ways.

When dealing in a situation like this, don't over re-act.(I am not saying you did)Contact the person and nicely tell him/her that the trade did not meet your expectations and you would like to either work something out, or cancel the trade all together. Be polite at all times. Hopefully this will work for you. Please let us know your out come, or if we can help you out at all. Thanks.
Attitude with a smile :)

Offline dustrho

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +84/-0
    • dustrho on Twitter
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2005, 05:35:17 PM »
I agree with Jim, that I wasn't calling you out or anything like that.  I don't think you over-reacted at all.  If he said it was "mint" then you should expect it to arrive in "mint" condition.  I appreciate people giving their true feedback here, and that's what we're here for is to hopefully create a wonderful trading community.  I do hope this gets resolved in a timely manner, and that both parties come out of this satisified with the trade.

Offline dustrho

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +84/-0
    • dustrho on Twitter
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2005, 06:37:38 AM »
Needed to update this thread, and make people aware to NOT do any business with darkjedi29 (aka Jon Skeens).  That is all.

Offline Darth Aussie

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +39/-0
  • Australian Sith Lord!
Re: Bad feedback for "Darth Nasty"
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2005, 04:13:03 PM »
I'd like to post neg feedback for Darth Nasty AKA Mike Jones. Around the end September a trade was proposed to me for a Holo Leia in return for a Wookiee Flyer. I accepted the trade and promptly sent off to Mikes address. i sent my address details in return.
Since then Mike has received my Holo Leia but has maintained that his parcel to me has been returned twice to him stating problems with my address. I know that i live in Australia but i have traded many times with members of this forum well and with no problems with that current address. It is also a work address for my wife so Parcels would not go astray.
I'd like to say to Mike if you are reading this,i'm not wanting to proceed with this any longer.  just send the Holo Leia back, either to myself or to Clonetrooper Tamer. If its easier , please send to Darth Spice and  kindly donate it to Sandtroopers for a contest or something. This should not have taken this long. i can certainly understand living in Aussie that freight takes a while but no, not this long.

The ball is now in your court

Regards
Greg Thompson
AKA Darth Aussie
« Last Edit: December 17, 2005, 04:14:30 PM by Darth Aussie »
Tie those Scalpers down sport!  Fair Dinkum!

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2005, 04:54:47 PM »
I can vouch for Greg and have known him online for many years. This is not the first complaint we have received regarding Darth Nasty and the amount of time it has taken for the other party to get their stuff. We are looking into how to deal with this problem.
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline Darth Aussie

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +39/-0
  • Australian Sith Lord!
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2005, 09:56:36 PM »
Thank you Chris....

Offline Jedi Scholar 8

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2005, 09:58:39 PM »
Unfortunately for Mike, there are too many complaints reported to ignore any longer.  I would like to hear from Mike myself to see what's going on...

Pat

By the way, Aussie, your statement was very diplomatic.  Nice work.

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2005, 11:54:13 AM »
Many of us have had or are having problems now with Darth Nasty, I hope that you get your stuff soon....I eventually received my item with an extra, but no contact does not excuse any one from their end of a deal.....Mike aka Darth Nasty, please speak up.

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

Offline Darth Aussie

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +39/-0
  • Australian Sith Lord!
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2005, 03:06:26 PM »
Starfox, it's been a while since i've had any contact with him. he didn't answer the last PM i sent him regarding an alternate addy to send . he was stating he was having problems with my address but that doesn't wash with me any more. All i want is for this trade to be finished soon as possible. I do hope that all other troopers who are or was trading with him will have their trades resolved as well.

DA

Offline dustrho

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +84/-0
    • dustrho on Twitter
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2005, 04:32:11 PM »
Aussie, I'm sorry to hear about the problems you experienced with Darth Nasty, but please don't let one bad trade spoil trading with other troopers here.  As you can tell there have hardly been any bad experiences here, as the Bad Feedback thread is very, very small.  If there's anything I can possibly do just let me know.

Offline Darth Aussie

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +39/-0
  • Australian Sith Lord!
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2005, 04:44:09 AM »
Dustrho, i never will let this "bad" experience stop me doing what i llike doing, collecting and trading. I've been trading for over ten years now and this is the second time i've been "undone". I was with this site a long time ago and although i'm also at TBS, nothing like this will get me down from trading here or other places too. Guys like ClonetrooperTamer from here have been awesome to me and we've become quite good friends.....
Don't worry I'll hope Mike will come thru. His feedback was good which is why i agreed to the trade straightaway. Its up to him now.......

Regards

DA

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2005, 10:02:21 PM »
What does concern me is he has been in here of late, yet no replies to any of this thread or the other. I think maybe an explanation could clear some of this up, if not all.
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline scalperhunter1

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2005, 10:18:01 PM »
What does concern me is he has been in here of late, yet no replies to any of this thread or the other. I think maybe an explanation could clear some of this up, if not all.

That thought crossed my mind too. He had the chance to be a man and face the accusations against him.
Why didn't he?
There's an old addage in the field of Law. "Silence in the face of the court is considered an affirmation".
Light side, dark side, light side, dark side, light side, dark side. So many choices, so little time.

Offline Darth Aussie

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +39/-0
  • Australian Sith Lord!
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2005, 03:01:55 PM »

That thought crossed my mind too. He had the chance to be a man and face the accusations against him.
Why didn't he?
There's an old addage in the field of Law. "Silence in the face of the court is considered an affirmation".

well we are still waiting. If he's been online here and not replied to me or these threads, it's pretty clear of his intentions.....

Offline TAMER

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +133/-0
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2005, 04:58:08 PM »
It will be up to us all now to make sure that we dont let him sneak back here under a new alias and slander the sandtrooper name again. lets just say we have the right moderators who are very helpful when it comes to trading. we also need to be sure that in our surfing through other SW sites that if he shows up we let some of those moderators know too. The sad thing is all of this could have been easily resolved with a little honesty. Thanks for not letting Nasty ruin you on the troopers DA, you have some good stuff out there in Aussieland!

Offline A.D.I.T.L.1979

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
  • "Nefarious"
    • Erik's Myspace
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2005, 08:22:52 PM »

I know...I myself am waiting on Nasty for either a Vader TIE fighter or a refund.  Now, he has contacted me fairly recently asking for my address again, which I gave.  Still waiting as of this time.

But hey, I'm a reasonable person.  I've made arrangements on this board that I've had to abruptly cancel due to lack of funds or other extenuating circumstances (thankfully, before anything is sent).  I can be an understanding person.  An explanation can go a long way, and it can also save some negative feelings.  If you don't communicate, you are going to make us think the worse.

Erik
"Why so serious?"--The Joker, as played by Heath Ledger, 1979-2008

Offline scalperhunter1

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2005, 10:14:06 PM »
It will be up to us all now to make sure that we dont let him sneak back here under a new alias and slander the sandtrooper name again. lets just say we have the right moderators who are very helpful when it comes to trading. we also need to be sure that in our surfing through other SW sites that if he shows up we let some of those moderators know too. The sad thing is all of this could have been easily resolved with a little honesty. Thanks for not letting Nasty ruin you on the troopers DA, you have some good stuff out there in Aussieland!

I know...I myself am waiting on Nasty for either a Vader TIE fighter or a refund. Now, he has contacted me fairly recently asking for my address again, which I gave. Still waiting as of this time.

But hey, I'm a reasonable person. I've made arrangements on this board that I've had to abruptly cancel due to lack of funds or other extenuating circumstances (thankfully, before anything is sent). I can be an understanding person. An explanation can go a long way, and it can also save some negative feelings. If you don't communicate, you are going to make us think the worse.

Erik

Tamer's right. We always need to be vigilant when it comes to a bad trader.
And Erik, good luck. I hope everything works out in your favor.
Light side, dark side, light side, dark side, light side, dark side. So many choices, so little time.

Offline Darth Aussie

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +39/-0
  • Australian Sith Lord!
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2005, 02:03:36 AM »
Keep the Faith ( to quote Bon Jovi) Eric, i have. i know it may come right hopefully in the end. I agree with you and Tamer that patience is needed with situations like this especially with long distance trades like mine. I just hope you get your end of your trade soon....

btw being a Mod over at TBS, i have placed a "warning" about Mike over there, Nothing "nasty", just letting people know....

DA...

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2005, 03:21:44 PM »
Anybody hear anything from this guy? I haven't and I haven't seen him log in here of late either. Very sad that a guy burns someone for a 10 dollar toy and then can't even own up or explain himself either way. I really hope one isolated incident doesn't ruin it for the whole bunch.

Offline A.D.I.T.L.1979

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
  • "Nefarious"
    • Erik's Myspace
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2005, 03:50:16 PM »
Anybody hear anything from this guy? I haven't and I haven't seen him log in here of late either. Very sad that a guy burns someone for a 10 dollar toy and then can't even own up or explain himself either way. I really hope one isolated incident doesn't ruin it for the whole bunch.

Nothing yet...neither the Vader Tie Fighter or my $25 back.

Erik

Offline Darth Aussie

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +39/-0
  • Australian Sith Lord!
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2006, 03:24:27 AM »
No still nothing here Spice. I  hoped he would reply to the mails i sent him but nothing. Mike, if you're reading this, get in contact with me and Erik. Try to resolve this and don't have this hanging over your head.....

Ball still in your court...

DA

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2006, 06:21:21 AM »
To top it off this guy also cashed in last summer during our fifth birthday contest. HOW much can one guy get? I think it's too bad he walks away with a $25 prize AND has the nerve to stick members. Not thinking too highly of "Darth Nasty". There is nothing nasty about being a thief.

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2006, 07:44:38 AM »
i fired him another email on behalf of Aussie & Like1979

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

Offline Darth Aussie

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +39/-0
  • Australian Sith Lord!
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2006, 07:00:44 PM »
Thank you Starfox, most appeciated....

DA

Offline A.D.I.T.L.1979

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
  • "Nefarious"
    • Erik's Myspace
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2006, 08:15:59 PM »
No still nothing here Spice. I  hoped he would reply to the mails i sent him but nothing. Mike, if you're reading this, get in contact with me and Erik. Try to resolve this and don't have this hanging over your head.....

Ball still in your court...

DA

I did receive an e-mail yesterday, in reponse to a curt one from me.  He told me the item (or compensation..couldn't tell) would be shipped today.  I am hoping this is true.

Erik

Offline A.D.I.T.L.1979

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
  • "Nefarious"
    • Erik's Myspace
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2006, 08:16:28 PM »
i fired him another email on behalf of Aussie & Like1979

Thank you.

E