Author Topic: Clone Wars Animated Movie  (Read 47728 times)

Offline Taurs

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +30/-0
  • I will do what i must
    • Jedi Collectors Sanctum
Re: Clone Wars Animated Movie
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2008, 11:46:13 AM »
That is exactly what i was trying to say, you summed it up better me ;D
"Once more the sith will rule the galaxy....once the hobbitses are dead!"

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
  • What's so wrong about wanting power converters?
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2008, 12:19:23 PM »
And we did see Grievous!  Right at the beginning.  Standing next to Dooku. ...not doing anything.  :-\

We did, WTF was I doing then, because I totally missed it. Dammit!

I'm guessing it was this 'blink and you'll miss it scene from the trailer:

Just read this a**h**e's review...

Who cares, it's just one person's opinion and you remember what they say about opinions, right? ;)

...and did anyone else catch R2-KT? 

I had a feeling she was in it. SW.com had some publicity stills from the movie up on their site a while back and one of them was of R2-D2 & R2-KT standing next to each other.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 12:25:20 PM by DarthWormie »

:) SUPPORT JEFFERSON'S JEDI! :)

MY FEEDBACK
thejawa.com - Scavenging the Collectibles Galaxy!

cuyvaldar

« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2008, 12:40:53 PM »
Im going tonight at 7.40 with the wife and a friend.

Offline sithmasterc

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2008, 01:11:46 PM »
I saw it this morning at 11:am,first showing.I liked it as well.I was a little dissapointed that we didn't get the dramatic opening sequance that Star wArs was know for.The Star Wars Logo and then the scrolling text and the music was changed very drasicly.Defintatly not John Williams.I don't want to wrech anything for anyone but it is good not ROTS good but good.The movie very entertaining.Overall,it would say a B-.

Offline chewykingwookie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +63/-0
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2008, 01:19:06 PM »
My local theatre (5 screens) is not showing Clone Wars!  :dualfinger: So I gotta drive into Lima. That means I probably won't get to see it til tomorrow

The theater C-town(what we called Celina in school) is not playing this damn that is odd they used to get all the movies when I was living there.  Then again the theater is behind the times and falling apart when I was there last to see ROTS with my brother. I am surprised that St. Marys or Wapak doesn't have it. Lima isn't too far depending on theater. I probably would have went to Ft. Wayne or Dayton/Fairborn/Beavercreek to see it.

Offline chewykingwookie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +63/-0
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2008, 01:23:47 PM »
I saw this last night (midnight) with Darthjay and longshot. We met up for a bite to eat and some drinks prior to nice meeting up with fellow troopers. It was good and I enjoyed it a lot. I will say it was way better than I thought it would be. The graphics were cool and the action was good.

I also went with bosskmr this morning saw jimsjedi as I was leaving. I plan on seeing it with darthwormie this evening. Lots of this movie in 24 hrs but you know this will be one of the few times I can do this. So I am taking advantage of it. lol

cuyvaldar

« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2008, 01:28:03 PM »
Just read this a**h**e's review over at Gizmodo, and all he does (and all the commentors) is bash the s**t out of this film. I don't give a s**t what anyone says, but I loved the movie. Fanboy, or not.

What a sh1tastic review!

Did he go the Siskel and Ebbert school of movie critics or something?

I haven't seen the movie and Im already liking it, cause this a-hole is no doubt.
1. An anakin hater...I really don't find Anakin whiny in any of the last 2 prequels. He is struggling to live up to tchosen one status, meet Obi-sucks expectations, and deal with the moronic, idolistic, elitest council too boot.

2. Does he really like star wars? I MEAN as a fan, this dude just totally gang raped the entire movie.

3.I doubt the dude ever pics up a book. Terrible terrible review.

Offline sithmasterc

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2008, 01:59:32 PM »
To be honest,the only movies critic like are usually complete garbage.You know artsy films.Back in 1977 Star Wars was beat out by a Woddy Allen film of all things.That is what I am trying get at.They like a lot of dramas and stuff like that.So,I don't even take a critics review seriously anymore.I am sure the Dark Knight got ripped apart be critics as well and we know how that turned out.

cuyvaldar

« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2008, 02:06:44 PM »
To be honest,the only movies critic like are usually complete garbage.You know artsy films.Back in 1977 Star Wars was beat out by a Woody Allen film of all things.That is what I am trying get at.They like a lot of dramas and stuff like that.So,I don't even take a critics review seriously anymore.I am sure the Dark Knight got ripped apart be critics as well and we know how that turned out.

That was my exact point of reference with the Siskel and Ebert comment.

Lord knows those two morons only ever gave Disney movies high honors. They said that star wars was the worst movie they had ever seen.
 :clap: That was dead on wasn't it...morons

Offline SHB033196

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2008, 02:12:44 PM »
To be honest,the only movies critic like are usually complete garbage.You know artsy films.Back in 1977 Star Wars was beat out by a Woody Allen film of all things.That is what I am trying get at.They like a lot of dramas and stuff like that.So,I don't even take a critics review seriously anymore.I am sure the Dark Knight got ripped apart be critics as well and we know how that turned out.

Lord knows those two morons only ever gave Disney movies high honors. They said that star wars was the worst movie they had ever seen.

Actually, Ebert was very enthusistic about ROTJ. 4 out of 4 stars. Read it here:
http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/19830525/REVIEWS/305250301/1023

He gave the TCW only 1 1/2 stars.

cuyvaldar

« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2008, 02:36:33 PM »

Actually, Ebert was very enthusistic about ROTJ. 4 out of 4 stars. Read it here:
http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/19830525/REVIEWS/305250301/1023

I was talking about episode 4.

Offline SHB033196

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2008, 02:40:37 PM »

I was talking about episode 4.

Boy, my computer is shot today. Shut me down 4 times now as I tried to update my previous post for further clarification...Roger reviews to date so far:

phantom 3 1/2
AOTC     2
ROTS     4
ANH - ROTJ 4 out of 4 across the board (with empire being his favorite). The ONLY review I disagree with him on is his review of phantom menace, which I thought was a little too nice.

cuyvaldar

« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2008, 02:46:32 PM »
I could swear that I heard the siskel and ebert hated anh....

Oh well, Im not really worried if Im right or not. No big deal, cause they both suck any ways.

Offline Longshot

• Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +1/-0
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2008, 02:56:20 PM »
I just want to say it was great meeting up with chewie and darthjay last night for the midnight show. I thought the movie was way better then I had expected it to be and much better then either ep1 or 2. Anakin was only a little bit of a whinny biach........LOL. Also I think the "Disney" aspect (aka Jar Jar) was minimal with only a bit from the droids here and there. Overall definitely worth seeing again and will be bought on blueray in the near future..........=)

Now if Ep1 and 2 had only been as good........... >:(

-LS

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2008, 02:57:40 PM »
They said that star wars was the worst movie they had ever seen.

You mean Episode IV (ANH)?

I think you need to go back and re-read their reviews. They both LOVED 'Star Wars' when it came out. Gave ANH & ESB 4 out of 4 and I believe ROTJ got the same.

Now the prequels on the other hand... ;)

MY FEEDBACK

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
  • Pull your skirt back down, grow a set man
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2008, 02:58:26 PM »
Well, we checked it out this morning. I wouldn't say I loved it, but I wouldn't say I hated it.

Things to like:

The action - the battle scenes were good.
The characters - although I would have liked a few more characters to have more than 10 second roles, but it was cool to see all the other Jedi like Kit, Plo and Luminaria.

Things to dislike:

The scroll - where was it?? Why not have the traditional Star Wars logo and then a scroll? Lame.
The music - wtf was up with the SW theme?? Why did they re-record it and what the hell did they do to it?
The story - just didn't really think it was that good. I mean, yes, they were helping Jabba because they wanted to use the trade routes, but do you really think Jedi would help a Hutt? I mean, they are notorious crime lords.
The Droids - when did they become stand up comedians?
Ziro - wtf was that? Cartmen as a Hutt??
Ashoka - annoying, and waaaaay too good at doing stuff to have been a padawan that was too young to be an apprentice. I mean, she was cutting down Destroyer Droids like nothing for crying out loud, not to mention the 3 Magna Guards that she took out by herself.
The End - I thought it was just stupid, to end the way it did.

So I guess I disliked it more than I liked it, but it was ok. It did seem to drag a bit, as I started looking at my watch about an hour into it.

Yo I'm sittin on top of the- It's more than a feeling ain't it?
I be killin damn it, I'm illin and I'm illin'
Eh eh eh meet Mr. Popular, Go get your binoculars
And see Penthouse 3 where a ni**a be
They whisperin about us
I know you haters doubt us
How you count our money we ain't even finish countin'
Pardon me I must say, I'm kinda like a big deal...

Offline The Josh

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +23/-0
  • Ringer @ Heart
    • The Pulse
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2008, 03:48:25 PM »
I thought it was pretty awesome. I totally enjoyed myself and would encourage people to go see it.

Its not even as close to as bad as anyone wants to make you think. From my POV its people who whether or not they will admit went in looking to not like this. I felt this movie was as Star Wars as anything with the only non SW thing really being the intro.

The character development was pretty well done. I think they gave you quite a bit going into the series. You can see the bond between Anakin and Rex which I thought was similar to Obi-Wan and Cody in ROTS. Once Asoka enters you get to see where they're taking her character. I thought they did a nice job in this movie. Obi-Wan and Yoda are trying to do things to balance Anakin and make him the Jedi should be. We know that won't happen but still. I also like Asoka in general and how she comes off in that she's like Anakin in she talks back, thinks she's all that, just wants to please, etc. Some of the Artooees are a little annoying but she's a young teenage jedi. She acts like a young teenager does.

The battle action was freaking awesome. Some of it really was brutal for a cartoon but added a nice spice to the over flick.

Overall I think its quite good. No its not the greatest thing since sliced bread but its not nearly as dreadful as some want to make it. Its Star Wars and most fans if it doesn't do just everything perfect it sucks which is why SW fans can be a real pain in the ass a whole.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 03:48:58 PM by The Josh »

Offline Jimsjedi

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
  • What are you whinning about now?
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2008, 04:42:02 PM »
I saw this with my 8 year old son and he loved everything about it. He wants all the toys for it now.

Me on the otherhand, I was very dissapointed with this and realized the only reason this was made was to make money. It had no meaning being the gateway from EP2 to E3. It all started without the opening scroll not being there to cheesy music added in, no greivous, and Anakin being more un-realistic than EP2. I will not waste my money seeing this again. No Ki-Adi-Mundi, barely any Mace, and for Padme' to save the day at Jabba's palace was just way to much to take.

I understand this is animated cartoon for kids, but I would have rather watched Cars for the millionth time.
Attitude with a smile :)

Offline sithmasterc

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2008, 04:49:06 PM »
I saw this with my 8 year old son and he loved everything about it. He wants all the toys for it now.

Me on the otherhand, I was very dissapointed with this and realized the only reason this was made was to make money. It had no meaning being the gateway from EP2 to E3. It all started without the opening scroll not being there to cheesy music added in, no greivous, and Anakin being more un-realistic than EP2. I will not waste my money seeing this again. No Ki-Adi-Mundi, barely any Mace, and for Padme' to save the day at Jabba's palace was just way to much to take.

I understand this is animated cartoon for kids, but I would have rather watched Cars for the millionth time.

I hope you don't think less of me if I liked the movie.Again it was not the greatest but it was made for what it was entertainment.

Offline Jimsjedi

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
  • What are you whinning about now?
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2008, 05:21:19 PM »
Not at all, as this is only my opinion.
Attitude with a smile :)

Offline TheWolverine

• Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • formerly Jangotat
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2008, 05:25:47 PM »
I saw it this morning at 11:am,first showing.I liked it as well.I was a little dissapointed that we didn't get the dramatic opening sequance that Star wArs was know for.The Star Wars Logo and then the scrolling text and the music was changed very drasicly.Defintatly not John Williams.I don't want to wrech anything for anyone but it is good not ROTS good but good.The movie very entertaining.Overall,it would say a B-.

it was John williams....he just didnt have the London symphony orchestra to back him up this time around :)

Over all I loved this film. Not the greatest SW movie but I found it far more entertaining then the last Clone wars cartoon and I liked that one. After watching this film I have realized that I do not want to be skipping on any of the figures because they all looked so great in the movie (characters I mean). The only thing that really bothered me though was the fact that Dooku and Obi had solid as rock stashes. It looked really bad BUT this is a cartoon so Ill get used to it. I might go see this movie again later on, very happy I went to watch it and bought up all of wave 1 plus a squad of clones. WIth all these sales going on in my area I suspect clones will be hard to find now.  :)

Offline sithmasterc

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2008, 05:54:27 PM »
I heard it was done by Kevin Kiner maybe with Williams.

Offline TheWolverine

• Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • formerly Jangotat
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2008, 06:07:24 PM »
It could have been both of them I guess. I just know (cause I actually stayed till the end of the credits) That John Williams did pop up for musical score. My dad noticed that the music did not match the london symphonys style in any way so we wanted to make sure if something changed  :P

Offline dustrho

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +84/-0
  • S.C.A.L.P. Weapons Supplier
    • dustrho on Twitter
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2008, 06:53:48 PM »
I'm going to go see this again tomorrow, but this time I'm taking my son Lucas with me. He's only 3 years old and this will be his first time going to the theaters, so I hope he enjoys himself.

I've been thinking about this film all day long, and I have to say I really like the story involving the Hutts. They're a species you're only familiar with because of Jabba, and then there was that very small appearance of them in EP1. But, I would love to see more of them in the animated series (when it comes to TV), because they were a powerful force to be reckoned with. Sure, that Ziro character was a little weird and maybe uncalled for, but it added a new taste to the Star Wars world.

If I had to rate it, I'd probably give it a 4.5 out of 5 stars.

Offline pshorrock72

• Premium
  • Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • AFA is a silly excuse to scalp!!!
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2008, 07:56:53 PM »
The Wife and I saw it in Bellingham tonight and we liked it..
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 07:57:48 PM by pshorrock72 »

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2008, 11:06:10 PM »
it was John williams....he just didnt have the London symphony orchestra to back him up this time around :)

No it wasn't John Williams, it was Kiner who did the entire score. Williams got a credit because of the opening and closing credits music. He wrote the original versions (obviously) that Kiner changed up with a heavy bass 'war' beat.

I just got back from seeing it tonight and liked it. Didn't love it, didn't hate it. I did like the 'altered' opening and closing themes but thought the rest of the music was pretty weak. I liked the animation style, but then again I'm a fan of 'Thunderbirds'

Hated the Ziro character. Absolute weakest part of the movie. He looked like a cross between Truman Capote and Divine's character from 'Pink Flamingos'. The Hutt deviousness of him was the only redeeming quality.

The character of Ashoka was alright. I think they did a bad thing in 'dating' her look and vocabulary. Yes I know she's a 'Teen Jedi', but did she have to be a very specific mold of a 2007-2008 tween/teen?  All she needed was a Hannah Montana sticker on that  backpack of hers to complete the sterotype. She called her Master 'Sky Guy'?  A bit too much. They need to reign her in a touch.

Loved the addition of the Jawas. Great comic relief and not over done like the Battle Droids and their complete buffoonery.  Just a bunch of little weasels trying to pull a fast one when no one is looking.

Thankfully I liked it enough that I'll be able to sit through another viewing tomorrow when I take my boy and nephew to see it. On scale of 1-5, I'd give it a 2.5.

MY FEEDBACK

Offline Bloodant

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +98/-0
  • If at 1st you don't succeed, skydiving isn't 4 you
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2008, 02:18:13 AM »
Took the family to see this tonight.

This movie was bad ass!!!
It was different but it was still Star wars. I never go imto a movie to see if there is a plot A, plot B, or plot C, straight forward story with non stop action. I loved it.

I thought some of the new muisc was excellent.

The battles were awesome as well as the saber duels.

I really enjoyed the new Ashoka character, I thought they did a great job integrating her into the film.

My wife noticed R2-KT right away and said Look they put the pink on in there.

My 7yr year daughter laughed when the clonetrooper lost his head..... LOL I laughed with her.

Looking forward to the next 97 episodes to see all the rest of the Jedi and GG. they gotta save something for the cartoon series.

Scale of 1- 5 I give it a 10. If my wife enjoyed it, it had to be a good movie.
Wants
Feedback
My Blog
New Recruits
私は星戦争を愛する!

Offline pshorrock72

• Premium
  • Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • AFA is a silly excuse to scalp!!!
« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2008, 04:18:09 AM »
My Wife enjoyed stinky and Ashoka... She reminds me of my daughter.. going through her early teens ;-)
The sound track at some times was like battlestar galactic (scifi channel) with its eastern flair.. but it was different and had a hard time accepting it but I got over it.. still the star wars fan fare was in there to keep me happy.. some nice shots of the gunships and the "lucky" nose art.. I could swear I saw the one with "crumb" in the background...  you gotta stay for after the credits.. jawas wrestling over the lucas sign...

Offline Jaask

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +5/-0
  • Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.
    • Jedi Knight Jaask
« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2008, 08:53:24 AM »
I heard it was done by Kevin Kiner maybe with Williams.

Your right, all the movie for this film and probably the series too was done by Kevin Kiner. I know cause I ran out to HMV and bought the soundtrack like three days before the movie even released. Any Williams you hear will probably just be music pulled from the six original films.
I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2008, 01:20:57 PM »
Is their going to be REALLY 97 episodes? If their was, I wonder if after the tv show airs, I wonder if ALL of those will hit dvd W/ the movie in the dvd set.
Transformers,...Robots in disguise!
My Collection
My Feedback