Author Topic: 2017 Hasbro Hascon Exclusive Black Series Captian Rex  (Read 49 times)

Offline dj121

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • United We Find!
2017 Hasbro Hascon Exclusive Black Series Captian Rex
« on: October 15, 2017, 09:13:40 PM »
Does anyone else here have the Black Series Captain Rex? I have to admit when the line launched, I passed on Darth Maul. Made a commitment that I was only going to stick to OT figures. I broke the rule a few times. Qui-Gon, ROTS Obi-Wan and eventually a KO Maul. I recently added Rex, and I must say he is a FANTASTIC figure! Awesome packaging (If you didn't get a melted tray) and just an incredible sculpt overall. I was lucky enough to get an order in when the Hascon Exclusive items went live on Hasbrotoyshop. I do not regret buying this figure at all. He's very easy and fun to pose, holding pretty much any position I have put him in so far.

Rex features a removable helmet, swivel range finder, soft goods kama, a DC-15A blaster, DC-15A Riffle and his iconic pair of DC-15s pistols. His shoulder pauldron has been glued in place. The paint and decco on Rex are top notch. some of the best we've seen tvia o date on a Black Series figure. Soft goods can be touchy on Black Series figures. TLJ Luke comes to mind with a cloak that is very hard to work with. Spirit Obi-Wan has a purple mesh robe that barely fits and looks awkward. The Kama actually works well on Rex, and looks very nice as well.

If you were lucky enough to get your hands on Rex, let us know in the comments. What are your thoughts? Do you have a different opinion on the figure?

If you missed out on Rex via the convention or on HTS, fear not. Rex will be seeing a release in the Red and Black main line, Spring 2018. While he will not come with premium packaging or the DC-15A riffles, he will come with the set of pistols and be one of the first figures to have the new face printing technology applied. This is the only drawback, although it's minor. It would have been nice to have the new tech applied to this figure as well. The thought of buying a second Rex just for a better head leaves a lot to be desired. Then again, Hasbro did sucker me into buying the revised sculpt Leia on the 40th cardback.