Author Topic: V  (Read 9359 times)

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
  • What's so wrong about wanting power converters?
V
« on: November 04, 2009, 06:56:02 PM »
Anyone else watch the series premiere last night? Nice to see a couple of "Frirefly" refugees working again, but for the show itself, I wasn't all that impressed. I'll give it another episode or two to win me over, but I found the entire show extremely slow moving and dull.

:) SUPPORT JEFFERSON'S JEDI! :)

MY FEEDBACK
thejawa.com - Scavenging the Collectibles Galaxy!

Offline dustrho

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +84/-0
  • S.C.A.L.P. Weapons Supplier
    • dustrho on Twitter
Re: V
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 07:26:47 PM »
I have the series set to record on my DVR, and I'm looking forward to watching it. I should see if the original series is available on Netflix, because I remember the show but I don't remember everything about it, if that makes any sense.

Offline pshorrock72

• Premium
  • Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • AFA is a silly excuse to scalp!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 08:06:05 PM »
it will pick up when they are gobbling up humans for food.

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 11:11:34 PM »
I have the series set to record on my DVR, and I'm looking forward to watching it. I should see if the original series is available on Netflix, because I remember the show but I don't remember everything about it, if that makes any sense.

SyFy just had a marathon of the original series on last weekend. It hasn't aged well.

MY FEEDBACK

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 12:06:48 AM »
Watched it last night and thouht it was pretty different but cool. Watched the orginal series on syfy and really enjoyed that more so then the new one.
Transformers,...Robots in disguise!
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 09:29:52 AM »
i'm watching it, although I was disappointed when I found out "Wash" was a bad guy

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

Offline SHB033196

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 12:35:44 PM »
Jeez, I guess I'm the only one who really enjoyed the premiere. I especially enjoyed the new script point of they have been here for years and infiltrated governments to dispupt the stability of the world to make them more accepted. Is that a shot at Bush or Obama? Or maybe Both? Either way, I liked it. Plus Supergirl is a nice bonus surprise.

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2009, 02:59:11 PM »
Is that a shot at Bush or Obama?

Clinton  ;)

MY FEEDBACK

Offline TheBarve

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2009, 05:53:16 PM »
I'm liking it so far. It was a pretty fast moving pilot for a show just starting. A couple things I saw coming, but there was still some cool twists.
"What makes a man a man? A friend of mine once wondered. Is it his origins? The way he comes to life? I don't think so. It's the choices he makes. Not how he starts things, but how he decides to end them."
-John Meyers (HELLBOY)

Offline Darth Zombius

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +8/-0
  • Four Horseman!! Awww Yeah!!
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2009, 06:53:10 PM »
Well I have to say it seemed like it jumped ahead a bunch for my tastes... I'll be giving it a few more episodes but I'm really not impressed so far. I still like the 80's cheese factor and Diana's hair ruled! She was one hot ass thin lipped hooker! And I even miss laughing at Marc Singers pants choice... Tight. LOL!

Oh the 80's...

"Oh, yes. Wormheads. Twin tendrils off head. Females much yum-yum."
―Vilmarh Grahr

Offline jedibrian77

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2009, 06:57:39 PM »
I may try it out but Im still not sure
"With an army of these, who could defeat us? No one!." -KOTOR 2

Feedback

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2009, 10:27:40 AM »
sit back, relax and enjoy it

Offline chewykingwookie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +63/-0
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2009, 11:52:09 PM »
I enjoyed it. As DW said I liked seeing FireFly castaways getting starring roles again. Wondering when Zoey will surface again. O wait she has a few times. did it move kinda slow? maybe but I think things will work out in the end. hopefully it stays around for more than a few shows, but lately it seems that shows I get into leave all of a sudden well except for SOA, which will not go anywhere any time soon on FX.

Offline sraw rats

• Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +13/-0
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2009, 09:30:22 PM »
I like it.  I thought it was a good start.  I would like to see the old version, but we'll see when I get to it.  I thought they revealed a lot for being a pilot, but that may be a good thing!  I'm hooked for now.  Like you said though, chewyking, it seems like 90% of the shows I watch get booted, either after half a season or after a couple of seasons when its starting to pick up (like Sarah Connor Chronicles for instance!).  We'll see how this one does.

Offline chewykingwookie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +63/-0
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2009, 03:26:03 PM »
I like it.  I thought it was a good start.  I would like to see the old version, but we'll see when I get to it.  I thought they revealed a lot for being a pilot, but that may be a good thing!  I'm hooked for now.  Like you said though, chewyking, it seems like 90% of the shows I watch get booted, either after half a season or after a couple of seasons when its starting to pick up (like Sarah Connor Chronicles for instance!).  We'll see how this one does.

I hear ya on the show getting canceled part. One of my favorites when it came out was Drive a couple yrs ago that lasted 4 episodes and then gone. Firefly was one season and gone. I just hope this and Sons of Anarchy stay on long enough for me to continue to watch.

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2009, 08:29:04 AM »
SyFy just had a marathon of the original series on last weekend. It hasn't aged well.

I caught a little bit of the marathon and wondered to myself HOW in the hell I ever thought this was cool!  ::)   It's weird when you haven't seen something for a long time, then when its revisited you think "was this really this bad"?  >:D
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
  • wampa's prefer eating rebels vs. imps, less armour
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2009, 05:40:08 PM »
never saw the orginal series......have seen 2 episodes so far... so far I like it.... but we'll see..... man they have supergirl from smallville, the battlestar galactica president's secretary chick/ final 5 chick, and two people from firefly, and the juliette lady from lost..... this show is like it's own sci-fi convention...... Anyone else think that the older priest might be a V?
--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.

Offline sithmasterc

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2009, 07:35:25 PM »
I am very curious as to what the visitors like like.Thier real alien personas.In the original series they were a race of,wait for it.....lizards.

Offline TheBarve

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2009, 09:35:33 PM »
never saw the orginal series......have seen 2 episodes so far... so far I like it.... but we'll see..... man they have supergirl from smallville, the battlestar galactica president's secretary chick/ final 5 chick, and two people from firefly, and the juliette lady from lost..... this show is like it's own sci-fi convention...... Anyone else think that the older priest might be a V?

I do. He seems way to accepting of them to me so I'd be surprised if it turns out he isn't.
"What makes a man a man? A friend of mine once wondered. Is it his origins? The way he comes to life? I don't think so. It's the choices he makes. Not how he starts things, but how he decides to end them."
-John Meyers (HELLBOY)

Offline Major fett

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +52/-0
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2009, 01:34:54 AM »
Gotta love new series giving out of work actors a job c'mon be more supportive. ;)
It's still too early for the action to heat up, remember for the Original there was the miniseries, the series and then a final Battle event. It has some very good actors better CG/FX and I think given time good story telling. I watched the marathon to recap events in the Original but the cast says it's a re imagining not a remake, so it'll be interesting to see what happens. I too was sad to see wash was a bad guy, there's several people that make you suspect them.
You'll soon realize I am the last of the Jedi, And your time has come to an end!

TAC Coins Needed
3, 9, 11, 34, 51, 52, 54.

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2009, 03:09:00 PM »
I am very curious as to what the visitors like like.Thier real alien personas.In the original series they were a race of,wait for it.....lizards.

they definitely are still lizard people, because in the 1st episode you see part of ones face under his human skin when his fake human skin is damaged,,,,,,,
--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2009, 06:03:54 PM »
I havn't watched the 2nd episode yet because I was watching something else but thank god for DVR.
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline sraw rats

• Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +13/-0
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2009, 09:48:22 PM »

I'm definitely thinking the older priest is one of them.  I'll also be shocked if they say he's human.  He accepted them even before that homeless guy in the wheelchair came and said they healed him.  I was almost sure the "Juliette" actress' character's boss was one.  Still can't see how he could've gotten that recording if the V's were intercepting the call.  I'm still interested to see where they take this! 

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2009, 10:25:00 PM »
yeah old priest has to be one

Offline Major fett

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +52/-0
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2010, 12:53:01 AM »
It's almost scary to think that it's possible that 3 out of 4 people are V's!
I gotta say the girl from Serenity who plays head honcho and the Blond Alien are Hot!
Makes you think relations with Aliens might not be that difficult, also interesting about the pregnancy thing you'd think she'd know something was different like how they are cold blooded and have fake skin.
You'll soon realize I am the last of the Jedi, And your time has come to an end!

TAC Coins Needed
3, 9, 11, 34, 51, 52, 54.

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2010, 10:23:49 AM »
still digging this show and find it hard to believe Anna is Inara from Firefly.....the blonde daughter is pretty cuto too

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2010, 08:01:18 PM »
I keep forgetting its on so I end up missing it. Oh well its not quit the orginal so I guess I am not missing much.
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline Darth Zombius

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +8/-0
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2010, 12:31:00 PM »
I'm still on the fence with this one. After watching 6 episodes, I love it... And hate it at the same time. So in another words it's like my wife.

:o
―Vilmarh Grahr

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2010, 07:38:33 PM »
 :hail: :haha: :hail: :hail: :haha: :haha:

Offline ANAKEVIN AIRSTRIDER

• Junior Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • a.k.a. Darth X, I AM SCI-FI
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2010, 05:44:55 PM »
There's some poor blue/green screen effects, but the show over all is pretty good.

Most of the cast has a counterpart in the original series:
Erica Evans - Michael Donovan (Charismatic human resistance co-leader)
Jack Landry - Julie Parrish (Human resistance co-leader)
Joshua - Martin (Fifth Column leader undercover among V's)
Ryan Nichols - Willie (V that joins human resistance)
Anna - Diana (Evil Visitor matriarch)
Logan Huffman - Daniel Bernstein (Gullible teen brainwashed to join the Visitor Youth)
Valerie Stevens - Robin Maxwell (Human who conceives hybrid child)
Lisa - Brian (Sexually seduces young human)
Chad Decker - Kristine Walsh (Ambitious news reporter and official Visitor spokesman)
Kyle Hobbs - Ham Tyler (Militaristic human resistance leader)
Marcus - Steven (Right hands of Visitor matriarchs)
Georgie Sutton - Benjamin Taylor (First major member death for the resistence team)

Charles Mesure (who plays Kyle Hobbes) has kind of got a Sylvester Stallone thing going on with his looks, with maybe some Hugh Jackman thrown in.

I don't care for the character of Tyler, but Logan Huffman seems pretty cool.  He had an interview with George Noory on CoastToCoastAM:
http://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2010/04/02

First hour guest, actor Logan Huffman of the TV series V, talked about his portrayal of Tyler Evans on the show, as well as his interest in various C2C topics. Huffman, a long-time fan of the radio program, said he believes something did crash in Roswell, New Mexico, in 1947. He also shared his theory about why Bigfoot remains have never been discovered -- the creatures bury their dead. While under contract not to reveal upcoming plot details, Huffman said that V fans can expect "everything that is on [Coast to Coast] will be discussed, from cattle mutilations to men in black."
I liked the kid after listening to his interview with George Noory.

Did anyone see last nights episode?
In it, Anna introduces the world to blue-energy in front of a summit meeting. If you look at the tables the humans sat at there were name plates with some corporation names on them. One of the name plates read "Weyland-Yutani Corp":

I keep thinking about how we know if a V male mates with a human female she can carry one child in her uterus.  However, the V females don't gestate their young in thier womb.  The eggs get fertilized by a V male and she lays her eggs.  So, if a human male mates with a V female she'll have to lay her eggs, too.  Right?

Plus, I keep thinking about Ligers and Tigons.  Ligers are the result of a male lion and a tigress mating, and they end up being larger than both parents.  Tigons are the result of a male tiger and a lioness mating, and they end up smaller than both parents.  Both Ligers and Tigons are born sterile.
The offspring of a human and V of any gender coupling would be called a HumV.  However, would the offspring of a V male and a human female (Viman) be larger than both parents?  Would the offspring of a human male and a V female (Humisitor) be smaller than both parents?  Would both be born sterile?
YOU SAY YOU FEEL A DISTURBANCE IN THE FORCE?  I AM THAT DISTURBANCE !!!  MAY THE DARK SIDE OF THE FORCE BE WITH YOU !!!  Semper Sci-Fi !!!

Offline Darth Zombius

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +8/-0
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2010, 05:59:58 PM »
Wow my head hurts...  :o
―Vilmarh Grahr

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2010, 09:06:59 AM »
thanks for the info AA....i still like the show

Offline TheBarve

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2010, 01:06:43 AM »
I'm not sure about this show, it seems the aliens spend a whole lot of time losing instead of winning. I don't fear a whole lot for any of the charactes lives at this point.
-John Meyers (HELLBOY)

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2010, 11:53:48 AM »
I havn't been watching this series so far and I hate it cause I have seen some other previews on it and it looks really good so far this season.
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline Darth Zombius

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +8/-0
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2010, 05:53:32 PM »
Looks like V is coming back in January...  ;D
―Vilmarh Grahr

Offline jedibrian77

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PM »

I wanted to watch the first season but I didnt for some reason. Looks like I should catch up
"With an army of these, who could defeat us? No one!." -KOTOR 2

Feedback

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2010, 11:41:44 PM »
Looking forward to season 2

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2010, 01:28:25 AM »
I thought it was suppose to be already showing season 2 already. Oh well no matter but I wanted to watch the first season but couldn't never remember myself to turn it on at that those times it was on.

My Collection
My Feedback

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2010, 08:46:07 AM »
Looking forward to season 2

3 more weeks !   :)

Offline Darth Zombius

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +8/-0
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2011, 10:55:00 AM »
Alright Troops lets dust this off...

So far season 2 is getting off to a good start... How about that surprise reveal at the end of the first episode.

―Vilmarh Grahr

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2011, 07:31:26 AM »
I don't remember the surprise reveal, unless it was the skeleton.....but this show is very good and engaging and I like the way they weren't afraid to go "dark" and do some skinning !

Offline sithmasterc

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2011, 11:23:22 AM »
I don't want to sound out of line here but to me V is your typical "aliens trying to take over the world thing".Oh,we come in peace.Ah,no we don't.I know it makes for good story telling but almost every earth taking over story is always the same thing.Now,that the produces of the series can get away with more guesome stuff.Again,just my take on it.

Offline Lord-Penter

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • If you only knew.......
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2011, 07:49:35 PM »
I've watched every episode of the new & sadly I remember the org. series & it was pathetic.
I love how they show the manipulations of people, church & govts.
I have reservations about next season, 1st they bring Diana back? & now
the Beastmaster returns? How long before Michael Ironside shows up? or Freddy Krueger?
This show is better off not refering to the old show. I will wait to see?
"Your arrogance blinds you."
"The ability to speak does not
        make you intelligent."