Author Topic: Lost  (Read 54713 times)

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
Re: Lost
« Reply #330 on: May 24, 2010, 06:34:58 AM »
good show, kinda in the same boat as Dave, would like to hear from the writers, etc again about this.  Anyone catch the Jimmy Kimmel show with the 3 alternative endings?  any light on what happened released there?   i dvr'd it and will watch tonight

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

Offline zedhatch

• Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #331 on: May 24, 2010, 06:53:42 AM »
The alternate endings were actually jokes, (Parodies of the endings of Suvivor, Sapranos, and Newheart, the newheart one was kind of funny though).  I was a bit disapointed cause I thought it was honest to goodness alternate endings and I stayed up to 1:30 to see.

The finale was cool, I have a few questions but I think the answers are forthcoming.  I wish I hadn't missed so much of season 6 now, but I got the highlights so I wasn't "lost" per say. 
http://www.zedsjoesite.com/ home of my webcomic Scale Wars, starring SW, Iron man, Marvel, DC, GI Joe and more.

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #332 on: May 24, 2010, 06:57:59 AM »
thanks for the info Zed, we were up til midnight watching the 4 1/2 hours and couldn't stay up any later.....damn, and dreamt about it all night long, argh !

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
  • Pull your skirt back down, grow a set man
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #333 on: May 24, 2010, 07:09:00 AM »
good show, kinda in the same boat as Dave, would like to hear from the writers, etc again about this. 

Well according to one of the reports I read, they supposedly have some new secrets they are going to reveal - if you buy the box sets of DVD's that are coming out in August. What a crock of s**t.

Yo I'm sittin on top of the- It's more than a feeling ain't it?
I be killin damn it, I'm illin and I'm illin'
Eh eh eh meet Mr. Popular, Go get your binoculars
And see Penthouse 3 where a ni**a be
They whisperin about us
I know you haters doubt us
How you count our money we ain't even finish countin'
Pardon me I must say, I'm kinda like a big deal...

Offline zedhatch

• Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #334 on: May 24, 2010, 07:10:51 AM »
Ok no offence jokabofe but did you really expect less?
http://www.zedsjoesite.com/ home of my webcomic Scale Wars, starring SW, Iron man, Marvel, DC, GI Joe and more.

Jedimom

« Reply #335 on: May 24, 2010, 02:10:46 PM »
I thinks its all a dying man's hallucination

Offline TheBarve

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #336 on: May 24, 2010, 11:29:57 PM »
SOME SPOILERS!!!!!

I liked it, I thought it was a good strong emotional ending. What I am wondering though is, the people who are like Micheal and are stuck on the island and unable to "move" on, are they ever able to? Do they ever get to find peace in some way? Also I would have liked to see Mr. Ecko come back for the finale. Maybe since he died with nothing left behind he was able to move on before everyone else was.
Either way it was good and I hope they don't add on to the ending. ,aybe if they do like a graphic novel or book series that expands on some of the lesser characters stories kind of like the star wars "tale of..." books. I would read those.
"What makes a man a man? A friend of mine once wondered. Is it his origins? The way he comes to life? I don't think so. It's the choices he makes. Not how he starts things, but how he decides to end them."
-John Meyers (HELLBOY)

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
  • wampa's prefer eating rebels vs. imps, less armour
« Reply #337 on: May 26, 2010, 11:17:58 PM »
Spoilers.....

so the flash sideways was kind of like purgatory with the people figuring some things out before they go to heaven through the gates of heaven at the church.... So the island was???? hell?   a place with special powers that the man in black harnessed to be able to move it????  the ending was a bit vague about this......  was it the place all life started??? Micheal  betrayed his friends and doesn't get to go to heaven......    Ben Linus also did not feel like he could enter the church or heaven either.....
--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.

Offline TheBarve

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #338 on: May 27, 2010, 12:30:27 AM »
Spoilers.....

so the flash sideways was kind of like purgatory with the people figuring some things out before they go to heaven through the gates of heaven at the church.... So the island was???? hell?   a place with special powers that the man in black harnessed to be able to move it????  the ending was a bit vague about this......  was it the place all life started??? Micheal  betrayed his friends and doesn't get to go to heaven......    Ben Linus also did not feel like he could enter the church or heaven either.....

I think Ben wanted to wait for when Alex and Rousseau were ready to move on before he left, because they seemed to imply he began a relationship with Rousseau. As for the island I don't think it was hell, because in every religion I know of you can't die in hell and then go to purgatory and then go to heaven.
"What makes a man a man? A friend of mine once wondered. Is it his origins? The way he comes to life? I don't think so. It's the choices he makes. Not how he starts things, but how he decides to end them."
-John Meyers (HELLBOY)

Offline TheBarve

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #339 on: May 27, 2010, 01:08:10 AM »
Here is the finale video that was from the LOST: Untangled series that was on ABC.com. This one was about the only one that was any good and that's just cause of the song. Even though it doesn't "Untangle" anything and the muppet is kind of annoying, the song is still worth listening to.

-John Meyers (HELLBOY)

Offline zedhatch

• Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #340 on: May 27, 2010, 08:48:33 AM »
As for the island I don't think it was hell, because in every religion I know of you can't die in hell and then go to purgatory and then go to heaven.

Also christan blantantly says to Jack that everything on the island was real and did happen. 

a funny thing today, I was rewatching the pilot and I hadn't realized the dog was there too at the begining.  I realized they bookended the series but I hadn't realized it was to that degree. 

Offline TheBarve

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #341 on: June 11, 2010, 06:36:16 PM »
Yeah that seems to be one of the big negative things being said about the finale is people seem to think "it all didn't matter/it was just a dream" and completely missed Christian saying that.

So was everyone pretty much satisfied with the finale? I was expecting a little more debate in this topic after the finale. I know they left a LOT unanswered (I keep thinking of more and more), but it was a still an excellent closure for most of the characters.
-John Meyers (HELLBOY)

Offline zedhatch

• Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #342 on: June 12, 2010, 12:53:51 AM »
Yeah that seems to be one of the big negative things being said about the finale is people seem to think "it all didn't matter/it was just a dream" and completely missed Christian saying that.

I think people talk over the show or something cause they seem to miss alot.

So was everyone pretty much satisfied with the finale? I was expecting a little more debate in this topic after the finale. I know they left a LOT unanswered (I keep thinking of more and more), but it was a still an excellent closure for most of the characters.

Funny cause I am rewatching the series and finding most of the answers, the funny part is though they are just flat said blantantly.  Kind of like who put all the hyroglyphics and the wheel there, well if you pay attentiong they flat show the statue being an egyptian god (I forgot the name but I did have to look it up, not one of the popularized ones like Horas ect).  Anyway it was ment to say "Yeah, the Egyptians were here first.

Anyway I loved the finale, it was great. 

Offline TheBarve

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #343 on: June 13, 2010, 11:34:01 PM »
Yeah they do kind of have you fill in the blanks for yourself on a few of the mysteries. I would love to at least see another season or web series that could wrap up a few more of the other things left unanswered. Hopefully this "bonus disc" that's coming with the collection will give some good info. I pre ordered it off of amazon while it was $80 cheaper then when it comes out.
-John Meyers (HELLBOY)

Offline jedibrian77

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
« Reply #344 on: June 29, 2010, 09:14:11 PM »
I really liked the series finale and was sad to see this show end especially since it seems like everything I watch either ended or was cancelled this year
"With an army of these, who could defeat us? No one!." -KOTOR 2

Feedback