Author Topic: True Blood  (Read 9536 times)

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
  • Pull your skirt back down, grow a set man
    • starwarsgeek.net
True Blood
« on: September 08, 2008, 12:46:52 PM »
Anybody catch this new show on HBO last night? It's basically a "What If" vampires were real and were living among humans type of show. I watched the first ep about 3 months back and totally forgot about it.

It's pretty good. Or at least I thought it was.

Yo I'm sittin on top of the- It's more than a feeling ain't it?
I be killin damn it, I'm illin and I'm illin'
Eh eh eh meet Mr. Popular, Go get your binoculars
And see Penthouse 3 where a ni**a be
They whisperin about us
I know you haters doubt us
How you count our money we ain't even finish countin'
Pardon me I must say, I'm kinda like a big deal...

Offline SHB033196

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
Re: True Blood
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 01:48:57 PM »
Anybody catch this new show on HBO last night? It's basically a "What If" vampires were real and were living among humans type of show. I watched the first ep about 3 months back and totally forgot about it.

I tried to watch a bit of it...my god though, anna paquin's front tooth gap is distracting as hell. Makes Strayan's and letterman's gap look tiny in comparison.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 02:37:25 PM »
anna paquin's front tooth gap is distracting as hell. Makes Strayan's and letterman's gap look tiny in comparison.

Yeah, I don't think I've ever noticed it before until I saw this. I never noticed it during any of her X-Men appearances, and that's all I've seen in her as far as I know.

They whisperin about us

cuyvaldar

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 09:26:38 AM »
anna paquin's front tooth gap is distracting as hell. Makes Strayan's and letterman's gap look tiny in comparison.

Yeah, I don't think I've ever noticed it before until I saw this. I never noticed it during any of her X-Men appearances, and that's all I've seen in her as far as I know.

There's always her horrible horror movie called "the darkness".

Offline IMAJEDI

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +2/-0
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 02:21:02 PM »

I tried to watch a bit of it...my god though, anna paquin's front tooth gap is distracting as hell. Makes Strayan's and letterman's gap look tiny in comparison.

I'll bet she could whitsle one hell of a tune....

I thought the show was pretty good, worth following. The hype that led up to it made it seem like it would be a better story. They should have started way back at when it was revealed.

I was handed a comic book and a card that read "vampires WERE people too" at comic con. It had me amped for the show.

Offline SHB033196

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 02:39:35 PM »
I finally relented and watched this in full last night. So far? Mweh... but the previews for upcoming episodes has me intruiged. Did she really think that they weren't going to retaliate on her?

cuyvaldar

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 12:04:18 PM »
I saw a preview of this the other night. It looked pretty good.

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 01:15:48 AM »
My GF said that she really liked the series and would consider watching MORE of it. The show was on last night or the other night and she watched it both times it was on.
Transformers,...Robots in disguise!
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline DarthZannah

• Junior Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
!
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2008, 11:19:47 PM »
I've watched all four current episodes and I'm hooked.  Now that I'm back to work, I think I'll treat myself to the books by Charlaine Harris that the series is based on.  Guess you could say I want to "sink my teeth into them" !  ;D

Offline SHB033196

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2008, 07:46:08 AM »
Watched the latest episode last night. It's not quite as weird as that surfer show last fall, but it's getting close. The entire priapism story arc was really weird and difficult to watch. And they killed off the hottest chic on the show.

Offline DarthZannah

• Junior Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2008, 10:00:28 PM »
Watched the latest episode last night.  Damn, how dare they kill off Grams!  But the comment by Bill that a vamp did not kill Maudette and Dawn makes sense. Any theories as to who the killer is?  My vote is Sam Merlott.  VF started to watch with me, but when the scene came on as to how Bill's human life ended, he changed his mind.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 10:03:39 PM by DarthZannah »

Offline Bloodant

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +98/-0
  • If at 1st you don't succeed, skydiving isn't 4 you
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2008, 11:33:41 AM »
Watched the latest episode last night.  Damn, how dare they kill off Grams!  But the comment by Bill that a vamp did not kill Maudette and Dawn makes sense. Any theories as to who the killer is?  My vote is Sam Merlott.  VF started to watch with me, but when the scene came on as to how Bill's human life ended, he changed his mind.

did VF stop watching? What happened to the cuddle pillow theory?

No HBO for me so I am unable to watch this one, is it any good?
Wants
Feedback
My Blog
New Recruits
私は星戦争を愛する!

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2008, 07:53:20 PM »
She likes it but I care not to watch it. Too much blood and a little guts that makes me sick to my stomach.

did VF stop watching? What happened to the cuddle pillow theory?

No HBO for me so I am unable to watch this one, is it any good?
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline DarthZannah

• Junior Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2008, 08:36:53 PM »
The show is really good, but you kinda have to be into that genre.  There is a lot of blood.  The series is based on the Sookie Stackhouse novels by Charlaine Harris.  You can go to HBO.com and see the trailers for each episode.  And I am still VF's cuddle pillow, just not for this show.

Offline SHB033196

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2008, 08:21:22 AM »
Okay, any theories about the watch dog that seems to be looking out for Sookie?

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2008, 11:31:09 AM »

I think it's Sam... he's a lycanthrope. He obviously has an advanced sense of smell, since he went and was rolling around that dead girl's bed, sniffing everything. That and the barking/yelping in his sleep when he was in bed with Tara makes me think he's a shapeshifter of some sort.

Along the same lines... who do you think the killer is? I have to put my best suspicion on either Renee or Hoyt, or possibly both of them together. Something about the morning when Jason showed up for work and didn't know Gram was dead yet, but both of them knew threw up a red flag to me...
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 11:52:29 AM by jokabofe »

They whisperin about us

Offline SHB033196

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2008, 12:05:40 PM »

I think it's Sam... he's a lycanthrope. He obviously has an advanced sense of smell, since he went and was rolling around that dead girl's bed, sniffing everything. That and the barking/yelping in his sleep when he was in bed with Tara makes me think he's a shapeshifter of some sort.

I thought that too until I saw the dog and sam in the same scene together last night so now I have my doubts. I guess he could still be a shapeshifter and just bought the dog because it looks like him and offers a cover story?

Renee hasn't offered much to the show, yet makes and appearance in almost every episode. You could be onto something right there.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2008, 01:15:48 PM »
I thought that too until I saw the dog and sam in the same scene together last night so now I have my doubts.

Hmmmm, didn't see last night's ep yet, DVR'd it while I watched the football game... should have turned that crap off and watched this instead. Oh well, I still say he's some kind of shape shifter lycanthrope or something...

They whisperin about us

Offline DarthZannah

• Junior Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2008, 08:58:32 PM »
I agree, Sam is a lycanthrope.  Why else would he have been running naked through the woods and the barking/sniffing thing.  As far as the dog, maybe Sam can mentally command it or something of that sort. 

Not sure who the killer is though.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2008, 09:47:39 AM »
Anybody watch this past weekend's episode?

I think it's Sam... he's a lycanthrope.

They whisperin about us

Offline SHB033196

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2008, 10:03:18 AM »
Anybody watch this past weekend's episode?

I think it's Sam... he's a lycanthrope.

I was waiting for you to pop in on this call. You the man, I got to admit.  :worship: :worship:
I wonder how Sookie is going to react to his naked ass being in bed with her - uninvited.

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2008, 05:27:21 PM »
Darth Zannah did this past sunday here at the VF house and she seemed shocked by what direction they went now.
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline DarthZannah

• Junior Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2008, 09:27:47 PM »
Sam's secret had to come out sooner or later.  Can't wait to see the rest of Sookie's reaction to this.  First, her boyfriend is a vamp, now her boss is a shapeshifter.  Plus, you just know Tara is gonna get the exorcism.  Personally, if I woke up with Sam naked in my bed, I don't think I'd be as upset as Sookie was. (sorry VF! ;D)

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2008, 11:08:11 PM »
POSSIBLE SPOILERS IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN TONIGHT'S EPISODE:

Ok, so I'm completely 100% convinced that Renee is the killer now. First, Jason tells Renee that his girlfriend is taking V, and that night she's killed. Then the faxed over photo of Cindy's brother who disappeared after she was murdered (after she was caught hanging out with vampers) that Sookie "saw" that night in the bar looks an awful lot like Renee... but the police will never see it now that it's buried under all that paperwork.

Now, who is this mysterious woman "Maryann Forrester" who shows up to bail out Tara? I already have a few theories about what she brings to the story - I'll just put this out there... she was the same woman who we saw last week when Tara crashed her car, standing naked in the road holding the pig, dirty and cut all over... I think she's Tara's "demon" trying to get back inside Tara. I have a few other theories too if that doesn't pan out  :P

They whisperin about us

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2008, 11:09:49 PM »
DarthZannah is watching it as we speak. She hasn't finished it yet but I will get her in on this conversation as soon as she finishes.
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline SHB033196

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2008, 03:26:55 PM »
Okay, gigs up Joka - time to admit that you have been secretly writing for True Blood all along. You called Rene' long before I would have even guessed. Another great episode sunday night (i watched it last night) with only 1 more to go. Although I hated to see Amy go. And for the record, I am officially tired of Sookie. She might possibly be the most selfish, self aborbed TV character to come along since Peg Bundy. I hope they get picked up for another season.

Offline DarthZannah

• Junior Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2008, 11:15:57 PM »
I also hope they pick it up for another season.  I have got to get the books!  Not sure what to make of Maryann, maybe some bizarre devil worship cult.   "No... not a Jesus person."  We will probably have to wait for the next season for that.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2008, 12:32:54 AM »
Okay, gigs up Joka - time to admit that you have been secretly writing for True Blood all along.

LOL, I wish.

You called Rene' long before I would have even guessed.

Yeah, but I still think Hoyt has something to do with it too... I don't think Renee is acting alone.

Here's some more theories/ideas/thoughts for the finale... Lafayette is going to end up dead as well, for messing with that Senator. And this Maryann chick is bad, bad news for all of the residents of Bon Temps... Sookie, Tara, Sam... she's going to be bad. The demon theory I'm not certain of anymore, but she's bad news. And I think Bill is going to end up owing Eric big time for helping him out... looks like Eric is going to want Sookie. I think Jessica will have a pretty big role coming up in some storyline or another, and when she was b*tching about her parents and her dad made me think they will show up too....

This show is actually really good IMO. I like it a lot more than I thought I would. It's going to suck (no pun intended) that this next week is the last show until next year, most likely June/July!!

They whisperin about us

Offline SHB033196

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2008, 09:56:04 AM »
I guess it was a decent wrap-up to season 1 last night, but they sure left a lot unexplained! (spoilers below)

is sookie back with bill?
who exactly is this maryann chic and what's her connection to Sam? is she back in town just to screw with Sam?
How is Bill going to maintain a relationship with sookie while his is babysitting the crazy vampire now?
Did Bill feed on Lafayette or did they just make it look like that to throw us off?

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2008, 10:00:49 AM »
I guess it was a decent wrap-up to season 1 last night, but they sure left a lot unexplained! (spoilers below)

They have to, to keep you coming back. If they answered all the questions, people who aren't 100% in love with the show would stop watching. (see LOST)

is sookie back with bill?
who exactly is this maryann chic and what's her connection to Sam? is she back in town just to screw with Sam?
How is Bill going to maintain a relationship with sookie while his is babysitting the crazy vampire now?
Did Bill feed on Lafayette or did they just make it look like that to throw us off?

Yes, I think so.
She is bad news... don't know their connection but it sounds like she knows his secret
Not sure about that one.
I don't think so. It's definitely his foot (remember he was doing his toenails at the bar) but I don't think Bill killed him.

They whisperin about us