Author Topic: Fringe  (Read 5807 times)

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
  • Pull your skirt back down, grow a set man
    • starwarsgeek.net
Fringe
« on: July 16, 2008, 12:13:13 PM »
OK, so last night during the All Star game, FOX ran several clips of the new show from Alias/Lost/Cloverfield creator J.J.Abrams. I actually have the pilot, and watched it (it's out there for the taking, if you know what I mean) and I have to say - I loved it. It definitely has an X-Files feel to it, and the almost 90 minute pilot movie made me want more. But then again, every time I watch anything created by Abrams I want more... more answers, usually, because the guy loves to screw with the audience. Although he claims that this is a show that won't be the type that builds on every episode, and one that don't have to watch every week (but he hopes you will).

The first thing that struck me was... wow, FOX? His last 2 shows were (still are with Lost) HUGE hits for ABC, and I'm wondering how they let this one slip through their fingers and get to FOX?

Yo I'm sittin on top of the- It's more than a feeling ain't it?
I be killin damn it, I'm illin and I'm illin'
Eh eh eh meet Mr. Popular, Go get your binoculars
And see Penthouse 3 where a ni**a be
They whisperin about us
I know you haters doubt us
How you count our money we ain't even finish countin'
Pardon me I must say, I'm kinda like a big deal...

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
  • wampa's prefer eating rebels vs. imps, less armour
Re: Fringe
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 02:43:40 PM »
I've seen previews for this, will definitely give it a try in the fall.
--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.

Offline TheBarve

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 06:12:18 PM »
So the season finally is next week I think. Anybody else watch this weeks episode? Be cause they gave the plot of Star Trek away in the episode, lol. Seriously I was blown away when they did it. Not like the ending or whatever, but like a plot overview I guess. It was amazing!
"What makes a man a man? A friend of mine once wondered. Is it his origins? The way he comes to life? I don't think so. It's the choices he makes. Not how he starts things, but how he decides to end them."
-John Meyers (HELLBOY)

cuyvaldar

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 06:50:03 PM »
I keep missing it, shame really from what I have heard about the show.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 07:18:02 PM »
So the season finally is next week I think. Anybody else watch this weeks episode? Be cause they gave the plot of Star Trek away in the episode, lol. Seriously I was blown away when they did it. Not like the ending or whatever, but like a plot overview I guess. It was amazing!

That's because JJ Abrams did the movie, and does the show. I thought it was funny as hell myself. This is one of my favorite shows right now, it's kind of a like a more modern X-Files without the alien conspiracy.

They whisperin about us

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 08:56:41 PM »

That's because JJ Abrams did the movie, and does the show. I thought it was funny as hell myself. This is one of my favorite shows right now, it's kind of a like a more modern X-Files without the alien conspiracy.

great series.....I have the last 3 dvr'd, just have not had time to watch them....although I set the dvr and a few times that crappy American Idol has gone long, so I miss the last 10 minutes and have to go online to watch it, pisses me off to no end  >:(

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

Offline TheBarve

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 01:40:57 AM »

Well yeah, anybody who watched FOX the month before Fringe aired would know that. I mean they milked that for all it's worth in every commercial.
"What makes a man a man? A friend of mine once wondered. Is it his origins? The way he comes to life? I don't think so. It's the choices he makes. Not how he starts things, but how he decides to end them."
-John Meyers (HELLBOY)

Offline TheBarve

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2009, 01:42:12 AM »

great series.....I have the last 3 dvr'd, just have not had time to watch them....although I set the dvr and a few times that crappy American Idol has gone long, so I miss the last 10 minutes and have to go online to watch it, pisses me off to no end  >:(

Yeah I missed the last 5 minutes of this weeks episode because of that. I'm glad networks do that now though. It really came in handy when I needed to catch up on LOST.
-John Meyers (HELLBOY)

Offline Major fett

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +52/-0
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2009, 09:33:23 PM »
I haven't really gave this series chance yet, I watched the season Premiere and that's about it. It looked interesting but other commitments did not allow me to watch regularly.
You'll soon realize I am the last of the Jedi, And your time has come to an end!

TAC Coins Needed
3, 9, 11, 34, 51, 52, 54.

Offline TheBarve

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2009, 09:05:54 PM »
So any thoughts on the season final for those of you who watched it? Sure was a lot of hype for Nemoy being in it and then he was only there for like 2 minutes.
I don't know about this series, I like all the episodes featuring seperate cases because then it gets an X-Files like quality too it. But whenever they refrence back to another character or previous connecting case, I can barely remember any details about it. All these characters I think are dead keep showing up for other cases, lol. It's kind of a tough show to follow, so I might have to re-watch the season to pick up on everything.
-John Meyers (HELLBOY)

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
  • What's so wrong about wanting power converters?
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2009, 11:16:14 AM »
I've only seen 3 episodes top so far, but have liked what I have seen. One episode was especially freaky because it 'took place' about 2-3 miles from my house.

:) SUPPORT JEFFERSON'S JEDI! :)

MY FEEDBACK
thejawa.com - Scavenging the Collectibles Galaxy!

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2009, 11:44:12 AM »
So any thoughts on the season final for those of you who watched it?

Yeah... it brought all new questions up, even though - like most of the stupid shows that I watch, that drag you in and week after week keep you hanging - they haven't answered early questions yet... some of my new ones:

SPOILER WARNING - if you haven't seen the show and don't want to know... stop reading NOW.

1) Walter goes to the grave of his son, who died in 1985. Does that mean that the Peter Bishop in "our" reality is actually the Peter Bishop from the "other" reality?

2) If the William Bell from "our" reality is in the other reality, what happened to that realities' version of William Bell?

3) Was that the World Trade Center/Twin Towers that his office was in? And if so, does that mean the terrorist attack never happened in that reality?

They whisperin about us

Offline TheBarve

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2009, 06:11:30 PM »

Yeah... it brought all new questions up, even though - like most of the stupid shows that I watch, that drag you in and week after week keep you hanging - they haven't answered early questions yet... some of my new ones:

SPOILER WARNING - if you haven't seen the show and don't want to know... stop reading NOW.

1) Walter goes to the grave of his son, who died in 1985. Does that mean that the Peter Bishop in "our" reality is actually the Peter Bishop from the "other" reality?

2) If the William Bell from "our" reality is in the other reality, what happened to that realities' version of William Bell?

3) Was that the World Trade Center/Twin Towers that his office was in? And if so, does that mean the terrorist attack never happened in that reality?

1) probably

2) maybe he killed that one?

3) I'm pretty sure that was the TWIN TOWERS so I'm going with a yes.
-John Meyers (HELLBOY)

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2009, 12:40:46 PM »

1) probably

2) maybe he killed that one?

3) I'm pretty sure that was the TWIN TOWERS so I'm going with a yes.

I watched the last 5 shows this weekend and loved them.  I have to agree with all the answers posted above, other than the other reality Bell, that is still up in the air, or that guy died...we will find out.  Great series though!

Offline Major fett

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +52/-0
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2009, 10:22:47 PM »
That was very interesting about his sons grave and all and it all makes sense now about the childhood stories Walter would tell and Peter had no memory of them!  I wonder if he'll ever find out?

Just because Bell is in that reality doesn't mean the other one's dead they probably just haven't run into each other, he probably keeps a low profile.

Can't wait for next season, glad I started watching while the episode are still available!
You'll soon realize I am the last of the Jedi, And your time has come to an end!

TAC Coins Needed
3, 9, 11, 34, 51, 52, 54.

Offline TheBarve

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2009, 01:17:36 AM »

Just because Bell is in that reality doesn't mean the other one's dead they probably just haven't run into each other, he probably keeps a low profile.

Or maybe they have both become really great friends with each other and go out for lunch every week...
-John Meyers (HELLBOY)

Offline Darth Doomy-Doom

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2009, 12:03:22 AM »
Can anybody fill me in on the ending of tonight's episode?  I had to step out, and the DVR changed the channel to record something else.  I missed the last ten minutes.  What became of the scorpion-molerat-baby?

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2009, 10:08:56 AM »
Peter and Olivia go back to Mr. Hughes' house to look for more clues and find a wall under the house that leads to some tunnels. Olivia gets dragged into the tunnels by molerat baby and then Peter goes in after her. After Peter stabbed the baby with something (a bone, perhaps) he screams and starts digging a tunnel to get away, but apparently was digging under a section that was shallow and right under the police car, which falls through the ground and kills him.

After that, Olivia goes to see Sam Weiss (the guy that Nina Sharp) recommended, and finds out that he works in a bowling alley.

Then, the fake Charlie types a note to whoever he's talking to and updates them on Olivia's lack of memory still. They respond telling him to just get the job done or something like that (sorry, I didn't realize I had to take notes, lol).

That was pretty much the end.

They whisperin about us

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2009, 10:23:51 AM »
That's pretty good Dave !  Apparenty, Sam Weiss has travelled as well and has knowledge on how to deal with the after-effects.  I really like this show

Offline Darth Doomy-Doom

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2009, 04:00:42 PM »
Cool, thanks for the updates.   ;D

Offline TheBarve

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2009, 02:50:33 PM »
New season is starting of pretty sweet, but I'm sad about what they did to Charlie. He was one of the best characters.
-John Meyers (HELLBOY)

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2009, 09:30:11 AM »
my wife hates the Charlie angle, I guess so do I.....the last show was pretty cool...TinMan

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2010, 10:25:53 AM »
still digging this show as well, kinda reminds me of X-files and keeps the plot moving and sprinkles filler shows that are still good

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2010, 01:52:49 PM »
anyone else watching this besides me?

Offline jedibrian77

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2010, 09:25:56 PM »
I havnt watched it but Ive heard its really good. I might start
"With an army of these, who could defeat us? No one!." -KOTOR 2

Feedback

Offline Lord-Penter

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • If you only knew.......
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2011, 05:56:29 AM »
I have seen every episode, Its awesome.
"Your arrogance blinds you."
"The ability to speak does not
        make you intelligent."

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2011, 06:37:28 AM »
getting ready to finish up the season now, just a few shows left and everyone keeps you interested

Offline Lord-Penter

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • If you only knew.......
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2011, 07:33:42 PM »
Last Fris. episode was the funniest & strangest yet
I love this show, it shows there is no limit to the imagination.
"Your arrogance blinds you."
"The ability to speak does not
        make you intelligent."