Poll

Do you still have your Jedi Master Points?

Yes - thousands of them!!
3 (21.4%)
Yeah a few
5 (35.7%)
No, never saved mine
0 (0%)
No, started collecting after this promotion was over
3 (21.4%)
Not any more, I threw them away because I was tired of holding on to them
3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Do you still have your Jedi Master Points?  (Read 9762 times)

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
  • Pull your skirt back down, grow a set man
    • starwarsgeek.net
Do you still have your Jedi Master Points?
« on: August 24, 2007, 04:08:00 PM »
While I was digging through the archives doing the Questions to Hasbro Index thread, I found this question:

The Jedi Master Points auction still left quite a few collectors empty handed.  Is there another project to look forward to for turning in our thousands of Jedi Master Points?
Excellent question and one that we need a little more info on.  Did collectors toss out Jedi Master Points after the auction, or keep them?   We don't want to upset those collectors who thought that there would never be a use for them and tossed them away.  Can you dig a little deeper for us on this by questioning your readers on what they did with their points?

Now, I realize that this question is more than a year old, but I realized that we never did any kind of "real" follow up on it. So I'm going to add a poll to this thread, and collect some data for a while, and then hopefully ask a follow up question in a few weeks.

Yo I'm sittin on top of the- It's more than a feeling ain't it?
I be killin damn it, I'm illin and I'm illin'
Eh eh eh meet Mr. Popular, Go get your binoculars
And see Penthouse 3 where a ni**a be
They whisperin about us
I know you haters doubt us
How you count our money we ain't even finish countin'
Pardon me I must say, I'm kinda like a big deal...

Offline Wayne

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Wayne
Re: Do you still have your Jedi Master Points?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 04:11:11 PM »
I tossed mine and I would be very pissed if they brought back a promotion for them now. They stated in teh past that they were not going to do anything more with the JMPs after the auction. I would bet a fair number of folks tossed them after that responce.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
  • Pull your skirt back down, grow a set man
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 04:25:38 PM »
D'oh!!

Looks like I should have looked a little further on, because we did follow up with Hasbro regarding this issue the following week...

FOLLOWUP:  I have reason to believe many collectors DID hang on to their Jedi Points, would Hasbro be willing to explore a poll or gauge an interest on their Star Wars Hasbro page?
Yes, we might look at a poll, but the question is really the opposite.  The key question is this....did some fans discard their Jedi Master points because they thought they would never be used again?  If so, then doing something with them now would upset those fans and it would be best to just abandon the idea of using points for good.

So yeah, looks like we did the right thing by tossing them out. Good riddance.

Yo I'm sittin on top of the- It's more than a feeling ain't it?
I be killin damn it, I'm illin and I'm illin'
Eh eh eh meet Mr. Popular, Go get your binoculars
And see Penthouse 3 where a ni**a be
They whisperin about us
I know you haters doubt us
How you count our money we ain't even finish countin'
Pardon me I must say, I'm kinda like a big deal...

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 06:20:46 PM »
I'd like to see what they look like cause i know i have a few POTJ figures so i am guessing its from that era of figures i think?
Transformers,...Robots in disguise!
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline Wayne

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Wayne
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 09:04:21 PM »
I'd like to see what they look like cause i know i have a few POTJ figures so i am guessing its from that era of figures i think?

If you want to see what the Jedi Master Points look like just flip over any POTJ, EP1 or Comm Tech figure and look at the back of the card or box. You can't miss them it's the UPC/ POP bar code

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2007, 12:29:58 AM »
Oh ok cause i have a few of the POTJ figures, well 2 of them only cause, hey wayne you SOLD ME one if i remeber straight bro.I will have too check it out then thanks for the info bro.
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline jedibrian77

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2007, 10:20:03 AM »
I hope they do something with this
"With an army of these, who could defeat us? No one!." -KOTOR 2

Feedback

Offline sambuca

• Junior Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +1/-0
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2007, 04:49:08 PM »
I still have some, but was able to spend most of mine.

I ended up with a Clone Wars Animated Season 1 Poster, and a Silver Boba Fett (OTC? Saga? I don't remember.)

I'm just happy I was ever able to use them for ANYTHING AT ALL.

Offline jedibrian77

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2007, 08:57:57 PM »
Just out of curiosity do you remember how much those cost you

Feedback

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2007, 07:47:04 AM »
From what i was told of the jedi points.They where on the back of the package of the figure you get of whatever you wanted so they where free.
My Collection
My Feedback

Jedimom

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2007, 11:03:03 AM »
I have some, probably about 800. That was never enough to do anything with when they had that auctions a few years ago. I wish they'd come out with some smaller logo items you could just buy using points instead of auctions for exclusives where you'd need thousands upon thousands of points to win

Offline jedibrian77

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2007, 09:02:25 PM »
I couldnt agree with you more

Feedback

Offline lizardpuppy

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +2/-0
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2007, 05:29:14 PM »
Man, I still have a buttload of those stupid things.  I cut them out diligently and bagged them, then when I found out about that lame auction deal, I wanted to vomit.  It goes to show that nothing's for free, and nothing is geared for the little guy.  I was really expecting for there to be a deal like Kenner had with the survival gear promotion http://pw1.netcom.com/~dsentz/mailin.html
This just goes to show how Hasbro has let us down as collectors.  It seems to me like they have never made a clear effort to hook up 'the common man' here.  I am just a damn county sewer worker who doesn't have the time to sit there in front of Toys R Us or Target every morning at opening time just to get my hands on the newest series of action figures.  My best friend, Bill has stopped collecting Star Wars all together because of the shark tank philosophy that Hasbro has promoted since taking back on the Star Wars franchise. 
Availability is a problem.  I know that there's no way to really snub all of the action figure scalping, but there would be very little scalping if they would evenly distribute figures like they did when we were kids.  It seemed like going to KMart or Zody's (for you other guys from Southern California) and finding the new figures that you didn't have.  This one-per-case crap has only made collecting an expensive and tedious affair that leaves the regular collector paying outlandish prices for items that we should rightfully be able to find on a peg.
My second gripe:  Stop with the million repacks.  I find myself flipping thru the same figures that I was flipping thru 3 or 4 years ago.  I am tired of hearing about how poor Hasbro needs to repack and repaint so damn much.  I personally have thrown thousands of dollars at this company, and I know that there are a lot of other retards out there that have broken the bank like me.  We love these figures, we enjoy collecting, we put out a lot of time and effort to get the new items that Hasbro puts out.  Meet us half-way here.  Give us an Episode II Lars family Cinema Scene, I'm tired of 9000 releases of the Episode II Clone.  For the people who missed the item the first 200 times it was released, that's what the secondary market is for.
Third, screw the 65 points of articulation.  The figures are starting to look frail and over-jointed.  My Darth Sidious figure doesn't need to be posed kissing his own butt.  We didn't need it in 1980, we don't need it now.  Swivel elbows are good, twisting wrists are awesome.  These retarded ball joint knees and ankles look terrible.  They look like they have advanced arthritis.
Fourth, give us a decent atta-boy.  Give us a good promotion, that doesn't require us buying 7 figures to get an exclusive one.  Kenner had many many promotions to get figures and accessories.  Use that model.  It dept us kids happy enough to follow this hobby into its third decade.
Come on, throw us a bone for Christ's sake.
Dude, you are being very un-dude right now.

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2007, 07:31:15 PM »
You truly belong here in the sand! Bravo!  :td: :clap: :clap:
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline Bloodant

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +98/-0
  • If at 1st you don't succeed, skydiving isn't 4 you
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2007, 11:42:52 PM »
Good points there Lizardpuppy, convert all those into questions and put them in the ask Hasbro section.

I guess I fall into the really retarded catagory since I have broken the bank more than once.... ::)

I miss those mail away promos, collect so many points get a kewl toy.
Wants
Feedback
My Blog
New Recruits
私は星戦争を愛する!

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2007, 01:47:57 AM »
So what I'm wondering is should we set up a mass burning of these at a future event?  ;D
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline Darth Aussie

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +39/-0
  • Australian Sith Lord!
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2007, 03:37:52 AM »
I don't think they'd ever bring up another event for these. Past history really i guess....
Tie those Scalpers down sport!  Fair Dinkum!