Author Topic: Do you read our Hasbro Q & A sections?  (Read 8811 times)

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
  • Pull your skirt back down, grow a set man
    • starwarsgeek.net
Do you read our Hasbro Q & A sections?
« on: February 03, 2008, 12:26:49 PM »
Well, I'm asking a serious question here. Sure, it was prompted by a remark made in another thread, where someone grabbed a Q&A from another site, that just happened to be 99% the same question that we had sent in to Hasbro the same week. So - do you read our Q&A's that we send to Hasbro on a bi-weekly basis? Do you care? Should we stop wasting our time and not bother anymore?

Yo I'm sittin on top of the- It's more than a feeling ain't it?
I be killin damn it, I'm illin and I'm illin'
Eh eh eh meet Mr. Popular, Go get your binoculars
And see Penthouse 3 where a ni**a be
They whisperin about us
I know you haters doubt us
How you count our money we ain't even finish countin'
Pardon me I must say, I'm kinda like a big deal...

Offline Napseeker

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
Re: Do you read our Hasbro Q & A sections?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 01:21:53 PM »
Well I definitely do :)  That's usually how I figure out what not to ask the next time.  Are you referring to a question from this week's list of results?  I just wanted to see which question you were referring to and I did a quick check at RScum's "roundup report" but didn't really see anything that seemed 99% the same (it sure could not have been one of my questions).

Offline Jaing Skirata

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • Keldabe kiss anyone?
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 01:43:52 PM »
I read it every 2 weeks. I also submit a question here and there. I also check the Q&A on every other SW collectors site to see what they are asking and what Hasbro has to say. For all the $hit that's talked about Hasbro, this Q&A forum they have created is one of the more innovative things to come along in toy collecting since real scans!
Personell Officer Mandalorian Mercs Costuming Club
www.mandalorianmercs.com
myspace.com/jaingskirata
http://mercs.firespray.net/wiki/index.php?title=A%27den_Skirata

Offline jedibrian77

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 04:40:48 PM »
I used to read every sites Q&A every time but I have since fallen behind
"With an army of these, who could defeat us? No one!." -KOTOR 2

Feedback

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
  • wampa's prefer eating rebels vs. imps, less armour
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 07:05:15 PM »
I read ours all the time and submit the occasional question, I read alot of the other sotes q&A's as well.  I would strongly encourage us to keep doing it.  Once we start hearing about more new product, I expect more questions will be generated.
--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.

Offline scalperhunter1

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2008, 10:34:18 PM »
Like most others I read it religiously. I don't always respond but I never miss an issue.
Light side, dark side, light side, dark side, light side, dark side. So many choices, so little time.

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 05:12:15 AM »
Same here.  :)

Like most others I read it religiously. I don't always respond but I never miss an issue.
Transformers,...Robots in disguise!
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline Bloodant

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +98/-0
  • If at 1st you don't succeed, skydiving isn't 4 you
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 07:55:38 AM »
I read it eveytime, but asking an intelligent  question that hasn't been asked is tough sometimes.
I have not had the opportunity to read you comprehensive list of question asked or resposned to thread.
I do not read other sites QnA so if someone posts it here I read them.

What prompted this poll? Do we not have enough questions to ask or were there not enough posts after the last QnA posting?
Wants
Feedback
My Blog
New Recruits
私は星戦争を愛する!

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2008, 08:10:06 AM »
My belief is Dave C. gets salty because believe it or not the QnA does take time, although some times we're learning it can really benefit. But yes, I think this thread started as a result of guys posting the same question at several sites. You can't really get mad about someone really wanting a particular question asked, as I'm just glad to have our involvement on the level it is.

We're just requesting if you do ask a question somewhere else, please don't ask it here. Thanks again everyone in advance for your cooperation, as I'm sure most of you know some sites survive on this feature alone. However at Sandtroopers it's our belief that our readers deserve a little bit more than the Hasbro Q & A answers every two weeks. In fact we feel our readers deserve nothing but the best in news AND entertainment, that is why our team dedicates the amount of time to make the staple features of ST.com happen.
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline Bloodant

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +98/-0
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2008, 08:26:07 AM »
Well posting the same question on multiple sites is just plain dumb. If Hasbro get all the same questions then everone will be pissed they didn't answer enough questions as well as Hasbro thinking we do not have enough brains to ask different ones. DOH!!!

I think the QnA with the Big H is great, it gives us the opporunity to get feedback.

Do the questions posted here get put into a que to be asked later so some one doesn't have to post thier question again?
Wants
Feedback
My Blog
New Recruits
私は星戦争を愛する!

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2008, 09:00:37 AM »
Yes is the answer to your question BA, many questions are in que....but we like to get more so we can send in the best and most intelligent questions.

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
  • wampa's prefer eating rebels vs. imps, less armour
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2008, 09:17:17 AM »
while I'll check other sites, I consider this my home site, and only ask questions here.
--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.

Offline SHB033196

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2008, 09:57:55 AM »
Yes is the answer to your question BA, many questions are in que....but we like to get more so we can send in the best and most intelligent questions.

That's why I don't ask ?'s - it requires intelligence!

Offline Bloodant

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +98/-0
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2008, 11:07:46 AM »

That's why I don't ask ?'s - it requires intelligence!

We all know you are smarter than that. You collect SW.
Wants
Feedback
My Blog
New Recruits
私は星戦争を愛する!

Offline gorkoracing

• Premium
  • Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +3/-0
    • My Collection
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2008, 11:11:52 AM »
I really hadn't been reading them but have recently started reading at least the Q&A's for this site and the jawa.  I will continue to read them and its nice to know that if I ever have a question i can conceivably ask it and get an answer from hasbro (though it prolly will be a very vague answer lol)

Offline meandnooneelse

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +4/-0
  • Slayer Design Studios Staff
    • Meandnooneelse Custom Action Figures
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2008, 10:17:39 AM »
I might be slow, but where do I find Hasbro's answers on this site? I've seen the questions thread, but not the answers.
My opinion is just that, MY opinion. If you don't like it, just ignore it.

Proud member of the CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society!

My stomach was making the rumblies... that only hands would satisfy.

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2008, 10:23:09 AM »
I might be slow, but where do I find Hasbro's answers on this site? I've seen the questions thread, but not the answers.

in the same thread, just look further back for the questions and the answers......

Hasbro Q&A

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

Offline TheBarve

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2009, 08:42:45 PM »
I read the answers all the time on here. I think it's pretty cool Hasbro actually is talking to the collectors (even if they're not always listening) and I'm glad Sandtroopers.com is a part of that.
"What makes a man a man? A friend of mine once wondered. Is it his origins? The way he comes to life? I don't think so. It's the choices he makes. Not how he starts things, but how he decides to end them."
-John Meyers (HELLBOY)

Offline Trooper31

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2010, 03:13:00 AM »
I read the answers every time and I hope Sandtroopers stays with it.  I read the other sites, but I find that Sandtroopers asks the tough questions and really does not let Hasbro off the hook very easily.  That's really important to me because a lot of sites just @$$kiss Hasbro, Sandtroopers is not afraid to ask the questions we really want answers to, in the way we want them asked.

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2010, 01:24:02 PM »
We do appreciate your feedback Trooper31.  I guess there are a few in the world how could care less of my F-you attitude  ::)   BUT I think that comes from being a regular guy and collector just like all of you.  I think Hasbro should be held accountable to the main audience that has given them all their money since the late 90's red cards. I didn't come from big Texas oil money, I post or am on the site every single day and usually don't take days off. I post things on our front page even if it's not connected with a sponsor or one of our affiliate accounts.  Can the other guys say that?   Sure we may have missed the questions deadline a few times in the past, but then you also need to factor in we have a whole helluva lot more going on here on a day-to-day basis.  CAN the other guys say that honestly?  You can ask, but be careful, most Star Wars sites take the weekend off so you might have to wait until Monday!  :D ;D :P :-X
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 01:41:27 PM by Darth Spice »
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline RDJMChris

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +42/-0
  • Rangers Lead The Way!!!
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2010, 01:38:15 PM »
I read the answers all the time on here. I think it's pretty cool Hasbro actually is talking to the collectors (even if they're not always listening) and I'm glad Sandtroopers.com is a part of that.

+ 1
Chris

"Hand your ripcord grip to the Safety as you exit the aircraft."

"He's no good to me dead."

Offline zedhatch

• Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2010, 02:50:49 PM »
I read them just cause I know when hasbro says "Just wait for this at Toyfair/SDCC" it means we know what will be revealed.  LOL
http://www.zedsjoesite.com/ home of my webcomic Scale Wars, starring SW, Iron man, Marvel, DC, GI Joe and more.

Offline Major fett

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +52/-0
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2010, 10:54:02 AM »
One of the things I like about the Q&A here is you don't pull punches with them, it's a straight up truthful question without all the A$$ kissing! We're not here for that they're lucky for us hanging in all these years supporting their product so there's no reason why we should placate them. True they're doing the Q&A as a courtesy to us and no disrespect towards them but why should we act as if we owe them something.
I enjoy the Q&A for the most part but I think if they improved their customer service skills and acted like they gave a damn we would probably asked those hard questions in a nicer way right?
You'll soon realize I am the last of the Jedi, And your time has come to an end!

TAC Coins Needed
3, 9, 11, 34, 51, 52, 54.

Offline Napseeker

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2010, 08:56:52 PM »
I think overall the various sites do a good job at telling Hasbro what's on their minds (it depends on the mod who chooses the questions too obviously, the sites that only recently got access to the Q&A are definitely not going to bite the hand that feeds them by choosing antagonistic questions to submit).

It can't always be us yelling at Hasbro - they are human beings and if month after month it's just one big shoutfest coming their way, they'll definitely stop doing it.  I'm sure all of us who've done something of a beneficial nature towards some internet community has experienced that one ungrateful person who gets on your case for no good reason other than an ego trip - that's happened to me in my modding career, all that happens is I stop helping out and do something better with my time.  Hasbro employees would react the same way.

That said, they watch the forums (especially the RScum forums it seems) closely enough to know when we're really angry en masse about something - the DS2 Luke fiasco is a good example.  The Q&As didn't even touch on the point much and they indicated already they'd be improving Luke for TVC.