Author Topic: TheJawa's Q&A Section - Ask Away!  (Read 201188 times)

Offline Bloodant

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +98/-0
  • If at 1st you don't succeed, skydiving isn't 4 you
Re: TheJawa's Q&A Section - Ask Away!
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2007, 05:42:12 PM »
I bought 2 1/2 drums as well to make one whole one.

Now I can used the spare Umpass to "stay" put in as a guard somewhere else in the palace.
Wants
Feedback
My Blog
New Recruits
私は星戦争を愛する!

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
  • wampa's prefer eating rebels vs. imps, less armour
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2007, 10:34:14 PM »
I bought 2 1/2 drums as well to make one whole one.

Now I can used the spare Umpass to "stay" put in as a guard somewhere else in the palace.

or make the klatoonian jedi from the AOTC arena battle
--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.

Offline dtityus

• Junior Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2007, 10:35:13 AM »
I still would like to see a new (Largeer) Skiff with magnents to pick up R2D2 and 3p0.
It is not a big ship. IT could still be in the 20 dollar price point that HAsbro seems to quote alot.

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2007, 02:48:13 PM »
I still would like to see a new (Largeer) Skiff with magnents to pick up R2D2 and 3p0.
It is not a big ship. IT could still be in the 20 dollar price point that HAsbro seems to quote alot.

good question
--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2007, 05:22:20 PM »
1: Given that there are only so many SW vehicles that you can do for the Titanium line, is it possible that Hasbro will revisit certain vehicles again and make improvements on them?  You've mentioned already that there are plans on doing a new X-Wing mold with wings that will close. What about a Falcon and Shuttle Tyderium with working landing gears and door ramp, or Gunship with working doors and ball turrets (detachable, so the gunship can be displayed without them as well) and this time painted the correct color to match the full-sized Gunship vehicle, or an AT-AT with actual usable knee and neck articulation (given that the first release could barely move either).  Even the eps3 Jedi Starfighter could be improved by actually including a tiny plastic Obi (or Anakin, or whomever) pilot actually sitting in the cockpit rather than just the empty seat or windows painted black to hide the lack of a pilot.

Those are interesting suggestions, Troops, and good ways of "coming back around" to the core vehicles.  We have taken a hard look at Titanium to make sure it gets the support it needs in terms of new tools (including some great EU vehicles) and think we have a *great* lineup for 2008 that will keep the collector base highly engaged.  So while we think we have a bunch of great vehicle opportunities ahead of us, and Clone Wars has given us even more, we'll keep your suggestions handy when we want to update the classics and keep them fresh.

2: While I do like the latest mold for the Super BattleDroid in the TAC line, I've avoided buying any because quite honestly the two holes in its chest used to attach the "flames" annoys me beyond words.  Will Hasbro eventually plug up these holes and re-release the SBD again?  (BTW I noticed that some early photos of the SBD in the forthcoming comic 2pack with the white Rep Commando show that in some photos he has no holes, but in others the two holes are back again...)

Yes, we will plan to reuse him and fill those holes down the road. Hey, maybe you can look past it as we have for our shelves - those could be blaster shots (only Clone Troopers be that precise...).  By the way, we did ask our factory to make the change to fill the holes for the comic pack, but the production samples we have seen do not have this. We will ask again, but it is probably too late to affect much of the run.

3: Hasbro has obviously had a lot of success with the SA clonetrooper mold in all its forms (Clone Wars SA, RotS #41, Evolutions Commander, Clone Commander, Galactic Marine, etc etc). It's well known that the tooling is very expensive and with the clonetrooper tooling you've obviously gotten a good return on your investment by being able to reuse that tooling over and over by just doing inexpensive repaints and/or tweaking minor parts of the figure to make "new" figures.  And the fans are more than happy to buy them up too, so it is win-win for all involved.

So why has it taken so long for Hasbro to adopt the same policy for other army builders?  Why not dive in and produce tooling for SA bodies such as the Tantive IV Rebel, Hoth Rebel Soldier, X-Wing Pilot, Hoth Snowspeeder Pilot, Mon Calamari officer, Imperial Officer (black/olive/whatever), Jedi Knight (human/humanoid), etc.  After which, you could vary the heads, the ethnicity, the ranks, gender (maybe), or what not and get the same kind of ROI that you've gotten with the clones.  So long as every "template" body is SA, has neutral leg pose (i.e. no more Codys or spread-legged puffy-knee Death Star Troopers please), has either ball-jointed elbows or if angled-cut swivel elbows then at least the arms can be posed straight (and not bent like the AT-TE Gunner), you can reissue that sculpt again and again.

One speculates that if enough thought is put into it in advance, you could even build into the tooling extra leg or arm parts that would let you produce figures of different heights as well so that the soldiers don't all feel too generic. By now it should be fairly obvious that kit-bashed figures that are based on less-articulated molds like Dutch Vander or Major Derlin aren't being greeted too warmly by collectors, we'd all rather wait until Hasbro makes the "ultimate" mold and then happily buy up all the variations churned out from that mold.

Thanks for the comments.  We will say that it would always be our hope, eventually, to create ultimate versions of all of our figures but this is simply not possible all of the time and we have to balance out the line to help us meet our own targets.  The expense you talk about - tooling - is a 1-time expense for the most part and that is a factor when we initiate products.  But the more lasting implication of "super-articulation" all the time is the labor cost to produce, deco, and assemble each one - and that is a cost that increases in proportion to the number of parts and increases with time (as labor rates go up) and it's one of the areas of biggest challenge to us to keep cost-balanced.  If we went SA for everything, it would probably put us up to vintage-type pricing....which collectors might not mind, but this would be hard for kids.  So, we pick our spots and evolve the line gradually....granted, not a sea change like some would like, but a good overall trend.  Stick with us...we have some nice surprises planned for next year and beyond.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 05:23:20 PM by Darth Spice »
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline Napseeker

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2007, 09:16:09 PM »
Hmmm, I have to admit that Hasbro made a good point about the labor costs being higher when more parts are involved, I forgot about that when thinking up that question.  They did a good job at answering all three of the queries and I got a good laugh about the SBD chest holes being blaster damage - hah! talk about a creative way of looking at things  :)

Offline CHEWIE34

• S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +2/-0
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2007, 10:52:46 PM »
That third question was great, glad to see that submitted and to see their response.

;)

Offline obidad

• Junior Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2007, 08:53:49 PM »
That third question was great, glad to see that submitted and to see their response.

;)

I agree, but noticed they didn't include the other half of the answer.... If they super articulated every figure, the line would soon run dry and they wouldn't be able to suck any more money from us, but if they keep dragging us along and get us to buy every new Tattoine Luke/Death Star II Luke/Tantive IV rebel, then they can milk a lot more money out of us before they make the final SA be-all figure for that scene specific character.

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2007, 10:37:30 AM »
I've asked not to particpate in the segments until we get the new Jawa website live, which we're still a ways away from. Don't worry we're targeting the 1st of the year for relaunch!
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2007, 04:33:40 PM »
1) Will any of the figures from wave 5, especially Darth Malak, Darth Revan, and Pre-Cyborg Grievous, appear in any future TAC wave case assortments?

They will not be repacked into any other assortments.  Since your question centers on additional supply, we have checked and confirmed that more of the original ratios (case packs) have recently shipped to retail with the last planned releases against these going out in the next couple of weeks, so there is more supply on the way.

2) Hasbro did a magnificent job with the sculpt for the Galactic Marine, however there has been one negative aspect to the mold that fans have mentioned over and over again which I'm wondering if Hasbro is aware of. The base of the marine's feet is slightly curved and this makes it difficult to stand him up (he tends to fall over onto his back) unless you pose him in a very specific way. Typically this has been in a semi-walking pose. Some fans have made this adjustment and had no problems, others have tried and never had any luck (I have 9 marines and read all of the tips from various fan forums and have had absolutely no luck in getting them to stand no matter how I position the ankles or legs). Is there any chance that you might flatten the feet so that any future reuse of this mold won't suffer the same issues?

We actually didn't know about that issue, so will make it known to the design team. Thanks for passing that along.

3) The 2008 Obi and Anakin figures seemingly were retooled so that both could sit more easily in their Jedi fighters, the 2008 Gree has ball-jointed hips... and this got me wondering if, now with the Clone Wars TV show looming and the possibility of more kids getting into playing with Star Wars again, is Hasbro looking at making sure more figures down the road will be able to easily sit in the vehicles that are being released in your $20 price-point line (V-Wing, Starfighters, etc).  This would be great news if so since I fondly remember as a kid playing with the Kenner vehicles and always knowing that any figure at any time could fit inside any vehicle (or beast, like the Dewback and Taun-Taun) and this is one of the aspects that I'd love to see more of.

Yes.  We are making sure that our core characters (the ones kids will likely be playing with) will fit inside vehicles.  It won't be possible to make sure that every character can interact with every vehicle (like for instance, Hermie Odle) but there should be a much greater fit.

Offline General Grievous

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2007, 07:52:16 PM »
What are the chances of a Daultay Dofine figure being released in the next two years?
"Jedi Scum!" - General Grievous.

Offline Mithel

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2008, 10:48:27 PM »
With the new Hoth Speeder Bike Patrol Battle Pack announced, will there be at least one scout trooper in winter gear from the Incredible Cross Sections Book in it?

Cancel that, I just saw the pics of the pack.  Can u aswk my question about the possibility of an alabaster blue Greivous Bodyguard instead?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 07:39:04 PM by Mithel »

Offline Napseeker

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2008, 01:48:07 AM »
Q: While there are collectors still clamoring for R2-D2 to be released using the R4-G9 mold, I'm wondering if Hasbro will continue to simply reuse the existing R4-G9 and VotC R2-D2 molds for the next few years. Are you planning any innovations with a new R2 mold in the near future? And will Hasbro continue to alternate between the VotC reflective dome and the brushed metal dome or focus only one one style?  I'm a huge fan of the VotC dome (for the nostalgia) but I've noticed that there is also an equally large camp who like the more canonical brushed metal look.

Q: I've been a big fan of the RotS Obi-Wan Pilot figure - it has great sculpting and all the articulation any fan could want but I was a bit disappointed to learn that the retooled Obi-Wan for 2008 didn't fix one glaring flaw: the figure has pencil-thin legs! Surely with all his running and jumping around, Obi put on a bit more muscle than that. Is there any chance Hasbro could redo the legs and also perhaps not spread out the legs as much? You'd then have an excellent generic Jedi body to kitbash other Jedi figures from. 

Q: Recently when pictures of the Incinerator Stormtrooper and Felucia Stormtrooper were leaked to the net, the reaction on the forums seemed to be very negative. Repainting clones is fine and appropriate, but repainting the classic Stormtrooper armor feels more like a cash grab by Hasbro (or Lucasfilm) and I'm sure many fans would not like these new types of rainbow-colored Stormtroopers to become a part of the canon, even the EU canon. Rather than pursue this direction, which risks further alienation of fans/customers, but recognizing that Hasbro wants to maximize its existing tooling as much as possible, why doesn't the company focus on reusing the mold for say,
a Blackhole Stormtrooper or a new Shadow Stormtrooper with removable helmet, or the red Magma trooper?  These would probably be far more desired by fans.  You can even re-release the white Stormtrooper again but with different accessories like an updated mouse droid or Death Star detention block computer station or Tantive IV wall piece (that would connect together to form the entire hallway, encouraging customers to army build it for the trooper and to build the entire hall).  Hasbro could also appease fans by just releasing the TAC Stormtrooper but rather than the Jango head, offer a generic conscripted human head underneath.

Even fixing some of the issues with the existing molds (e.g. the very loose torso on the TSC Sandtrooper, or using a better helmet sculpt for the TAC Stormtrooper, the drugged-out upward stare of the TAC Stormtrooper's Jango face) are things that a lot of fans would like to see addressed before the tooling is reused any further.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 01:53:35 AM by Napseeker »

Offline lordabell

• S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +23/-0
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2008, 07:58:51 AM »
Q: While there are collectors still clamoring for R2-D2 to be released using the R4-G9 mold, I'm wondering if Hasbro will continue to simply reuse the existing R4-G9 and VotC R2-D2 molds for the next few years. Are you planning any innovations with a new R2 mold in the near future? And will Hasbro continue to alternate between the VotC reflective dome and the brushed metal dome or focus only one one style?  I'm a huge fan of the VotC dome (for the nostalgia) but I've noticed that there is also an equally large camp who like the more canonical brushed metal look.

Q: I've been a big fan of the RotS Obi-Wan Pilot figure - it has great sculpting and all the articulation any fan could want but I was a bit disappointed to learn that the retooled Obi-Wan for 2008 didn't fix one glaring flaw: the figure has pencil-thin legs! Surely with all his running and jumping around, Obi put on a bit more muscle than that. Is there any chance Hasbro could redo the legs and also perhaps not spread out the legs as much? You'd then have an excellent generic Jedi body to kitbash other Jedi figures from. 

Q: Recently when pictures of the Incinerator Stormtrooper and Felucia Stormtrooper were leaked to the net, the reaction on the forums seemed to be very negative. Repainting clones is fine and appropriate, but repainting the classic Stormtrooper armor feels more like a cash grab by Hasbro (or Lucasfilm) and I'm sure many fans would not like these new types of rainbow-colored Stormtroopers to become a part of the canon, even the EU canon. Rather than pursue this direction, which risks further alienation of fans/customers, but recognizing that Hasbro wants to maximize its existing tooling as much as possible, why doesn't the company focus on reusing the mold for say,
a Blackhole Stormtrooper or a new Shadow Stormtrooper with removable helmet, or the red Magma trooper?  These would probably be far more desired by fans.  You can even re-release the white Stormtrooper again but with different accessories like an updated mouse droid or Death Star detention block computer station or Tantive IV wall piece (that would connect together to form the entire hallway, encouraging customers to army build it for the trooper and to build the entire hall).  Hasbro could also appease fans by just releasing the TAC Stormtrooper but rather than the Jango head, offer a generic conscripted human head underneath.

Even fixing some of the issues with the existing molds (e.g. the very loose torso on the TSC Sandtrooper, or using a better helmet sculpt for the TAC Stormtrooper, the drugged-out upward stare of the TAC Stormtrooper's Jango face) are things that a lot of fans would like to see addressed before the tooling is reused any further.

Good question!  Remember kiddos, when Hasbro offers you rainbow Stormie goodies, Jst Say NO!!!!!!!  I would like to see how they answer about fan reaction to the disgracefull repainting of Stormies for FU.
"If there is a center to the collectors universe, I am in the city that is the farthest from."

Offline Mithel

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2008, 01:20:42 PM »
OMG, how can u guys hate the new stormies?  I love to finally have some color variety.

Offline Jaing Skirata

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • Keldabe kiss anyone?
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2008, 02:22:26 PM »
OMG, how can u guys hate the new stormies?  I love to finally have some color variety.

The blue one looks cool. reminds me of the 501st. The Candy Cane Trooper is just stoooooo-ped looking!
Personell Officer Mandalorian Mercs Costuming Club
www.mandalorianmercs.com
myspace.com/jaingskirata
http://mercs.firespray.net/wiki/index.php?title=A%27den_Skirata

Offline lordabell

• S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +23/-0
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2008, 03:42:16 AM »

Because the purpose of the white armor was to be 1 force where everyone was the same.  It was also George's thing for the Empire to be represented colorless in contrast with the Rebels.  Empire-white, grey, and black while the Rebels had orange, and red, and camo (the empire didn't even try to hide it's troops in the field-they did not have to when there is such an overwhelming force striking fear into the local populace).  To a lot of us, the Skittle Stormies are not an idea that fits in with the spirit of the OT or George's ideals and smacks of a blatant money grab to get people to buy more troopers.  The clones are a little different since they did use color as a designation of where that trooper served.  So repainting the clones is ok in some cases, but they have taken it to the extreme and need to stop or slow it down.
"If there is a center to the collectors universe, I am in the city that is the farthest from."

Offline Bloodant

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +98/-0
  • If at 1st you don't succeed, skydiving isn't 4 you
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2008, 02:15:40 PM »
I can see both sides.

IMO the older generation growing up with the OTC liking the all white stormies to stay as is, don't mess with a good thing leave it alone.

What is next George going back and tweaking the OTC movies and adding color to his black and white movie?

And I can see the younger generation liking the paint schemes as they relate to the clones a newer movies. some of the paint schemes look nice.
I guess artist trying to make a living and thier mark in the SW universe have to do something new.

Wants
Feedback
My Blog
New Recruits
私は星戦争を愛する!

Offline Napseeker

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2008, 08:09:04 PM »

Don't get me wrong - I do like the Felucia commander Stormtrooper's design (but none of the other color schemes which look horrible). That said, if we buy up these candy-colored Stormies or we don't voice our dislike of what is most likely just a cashgrab, Hasbro will flood us with as many Stormtrooper repaints as we already get with the clones.  We already have a ton of repaints every year in the form of clones, Titaniums, the millionth-repainted Jedi Starfighter, astromechs, etc. And we'll see even more clone variants once the TV show debuts.

If Hasbro wants to give us Imperial variants, let them do it with kitbashes than cheap repaints. The recent pics of the Hoth Biker Scouts is the way to go; it took a bit more work on Hasbro's part and the result is a worthy addition to the Imperial ranks.  The repaints look like amateur customs that any fan can learn to do and we don't need these taking up Hasbro's resources and time - it's a lazy route for them to pursue and they need to be called on it if they pursue that direction just to push out quick and dirty products.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
  • Pull your skirt back down, grow a set man
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2008, 09:22:36 PM »
If Hasbro wants to give us Imperial variants, let them do it with kitbashes than cheap repaints. The recent pics of the Hoth Biker Scouts is the way to go; it took a bit more work on Hasbro's part and the result is a worthy addition to the Imperial ranks.  The repaints look like amateur customs that any fan can learn to do and we don't need these taking up Hasbro's resources and time - it's a lazy route for them to pursue and they need to be called on it if they pursue that direction just to push out quick and dirty products.

:clap:

Well said. How much work did it really take for Hasbro to swap a few parts and come up with a "new" figure instead of just painting it differently and calling it a "new" figure? I would MUCH rather buy a kitbashed figure over a repaint ANY day of the week. I mean, as a customizer I can do both myself, but I would much rather have the kitbash.

Yo I'm sittin on top of the- It's more than a feeling ain't it?
I be killin damn it, I'm illin and I'm illin'
Eh eh eh meet Mr. Popular, Go get your binoculars
And see Penthouse 3 where a ni**a be
They whisperin about us
I know you haters doubt us
How you count our money we ain't even finish countin'
Pardon me I must say, I'm kinda like a big deal...

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2008, 03:05:59 PM »
oh boy the rainbow stomie debates rage on...... I personally like the colored storm troopers as long as they are part of the eu/video games, and film sources, if hasbro makes em up then not so much.......  I think it makes sense to see this type of armour colored, it makes for a smoother transistion, and I am a starwars fan from way back.....  Ultimately though guys if you don't like the colored stormies let hasbro know that and .....DON'T BUY THEM....that's right vote with your dollars...... which will leave more for me on the shelves. >:D

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
  • Pull your skirt back down, grow a set man
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2008, 03:22:15 PM »
I can live with the Skittletroopers if they are used as a "bridge" between the different colored Clone armors and the white Stormies. Kinda like the Clones were all given some white armor, then they started to 'individualize' themselves with all these colors, then the Empire improved to phase 2 armor, and then to Stormtrooper armor, and then the Emperor removed all color to make them one united force again.

Or some crap like that.

Yo I'm sittin on top of the- It's more than a feeling ain't it?
I be killin damn it, I'm illin and I'm illin'
Eh eh eh meet Mr. Popular, Go get your binoculars
And see Penthouse 3 where a ni**a be
They whisperin about us
I know you haters doubt us
How you count our money we ain't even finish countin'
Pardon me I must say, I'm kinda like a big deal...

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2008, 03:30:04 PM »
I can live with the Skittletroopers if they are used as a "bridge" between the different colored Clone armors and the white Stormies. Kinda like the Clones were all given some white armor, then they started to 'individualize' themselves with all these colors, then the Empire improved to phase 2 armor, and then to Stormtrooper armor, and then the Emperor removed all color to make them one united force again.

Or some crap like that.

exactly

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2008, 04:48:22 PM »
That sounds like a awesome explaination of the colors, which I would have never thought of that. Would be cool if it was like that and put into the story lines.

Or some crap like that.
Transformers,...Robots in disguise!
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2008, 02:00:40 PM »
That sounds like a awesome explaination of the colors, which I would have never thought of that. Would be cool if it was like that and put into the story lines.

Or some crap like that.

yeah maybe a  stormtrooper squadron goes rogue and defies the emporer, so the emporer wipes out the squad and declares uniformity over individuality in his troops.

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2008, 05:55:12 PM »
THE latest:

1) In 2008 will Hasbro's Star Wars toy production and distribution take a backseat to Indiana Jones, or some other film-based toys, just as it did in 2007 to Transformers and Spiderman 3?

No, nor did it in 2007.  We encourage you to another look back at what we have been able to bring to fans in terms of breadth and depth, the number of new things we have been trying and bringing out, and Star Wars performance as one of the top boys brands last year, and we think you'll agree that we are more devoted than ever to making sure that we maintain our connection to collectors and kids.

2) Do you have any plans to go beyond the first two waves of "The Force Unleashed" figures? Now that the case breakdowns have been released by Entertainment Earth and StarWarsShop.com it looks as if there is only 1 of each figure in each case. Any chance that we can get solid TFU case packs as revisions? Or maybe have these figures slotted back in somewhere else down the line?

The waves that will go to mass retailers will have 1 each of the TFU characters due to capacity constraints.  There is a plan to get the figures that will have higher demand - such as Vader and the two troopers, possibly the Shadow Guard, into the line eventually.  There is at least one case pack ration that has been developed for Internet accounts that has the three army-builders double-packed (plus two Kashyyyk Troopers)..ask your online retailer for information on that case ratio if that
suits your needs.

3) First, I would like to thank you for including Darth Revan and Darth Malak in the 2007 lineup. As I'm sure the whole Star Wars team at Hasbro is aware, characters from the Old Republic era are still some of the most popular EU characters today, even among fans, who like myself, have never played either of the games or read any of the comics.  So my question is, besides the Old Republic characters included in the 2008 Evolutions sets, will there be any more KOTOR figures in 2008 from either the comics or the games?

Right now, we do not have plans for more KOTOR characters in 2008, but that doesn't mean we won't go back to KOTOR (games or comics) in the future, and are looking at opportunities.

Offline CHEWIE34

• S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +2/-0
« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2008, 07:10:44 PM »
Nice set of questions... and I have to say that I agreed with Hasbro that Star Wars didn't really take a back seat to Transformers and Spiderman in 2007... we had a ton of stuff released this past year.  If anything, the retailers dedicated more space to those lines, but the Star Wars line was fine... almost more stuff than I could keep up with!  But to get to the actual answer, looks like they are planning on 2008 being another big year.

;)

Offline lordabell

• S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +23/-0
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2008, 03:48:54 AM »
Nice set of questions... and I have to say that I agreed with Hasbro that Star Wars didn't really take a back seat to Transformers and Spiderman in 2007... we had a ton of stuff released this past year.  If anything, the retailers dedicated more space to those lines, but the Star Wars line was fine... almost more stuff than I could keep up with!  But to get to the actual answer, looks like they are planning on 2008 being another big year.

;)

I wish they would slow up a little.  Since 2005, we have gotten more things than 1995-2004 combined.  I just want to catch my breath before the CW line hits this year.

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2008, 07:48:27 PM »
Totally agree lordabell. Hasbro has been pumping out soooooooo much that a man would have to either do 1 of the 3 things here. That's my take on all these really really cool figures from 05'-08'
A) Take a loan out from the bank to buy it all
B) Win the lottery
C) Refinance his house to get the money
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 01:34:37 AM by VadersFist »
Transformers,...Robots in disguise!
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline Artoo

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Oh crap!
« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2008, 08:36:11 PM »

;)

I have to say it did in my area Chewie.  :'(
'I thought that hairy best would be the end of me!"
"Bee boo?"
"Of course I've felt better!"