Author Topic: TheJawa's Q&A Section - Ask Away!  (Read 201182 times)

Offline dustrho

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +84/-0
  • S.C.A.L.P. Weapons Supplier
    • dustrho on Twitter
TheJawa's Q&A Section - Ask Away!
« on: September 14, 2007, 07:35:40 PM »
Here's the latest round of Q&A that just came off the Jawa's sandcrawler. Enjoy!

1) napseeker - If Hasbro makes an EU figure as part of its comic 2packs, what are the chances that the character will ever appear in the basic line?  I've been hoping for a Lumiya figure (with SA, neutral leg pose, whip, swappable helmet and head, and soft goods cape) but as some fans have pointed out, the comic pack figures often cut down on the articulation and other premium features in order to keep costs down.

So while Lumiya is an obvious candidate for the comic packs, my concern is that once such a figure is made there, it would be the last time Hasbro ever visits the character.  Just wondering what your thoughts are about this?

Answer - Great question.  Certainly, the comic packs have been well-received but they are not the only place we would look to do EU figures.  We are not confiming anything here, since she is currently not in any approved lineup, but if we were to do a Lumiya figure it makes most sense that she would debut in a comic pack.  Given how many figures there are to work with, it is unlikely we would do more than one version of Lumiya in a reasonable time frame (say within a couple of years) but since she has at least two very interesting different outfits/forms, we wouldn't rule out that over the course of our long relationship with Star Wars that you could eventually see more than one.  Patience, as always, is the key.

2) Nick - The Rebel Vanguard figure seems to be built off of the TSC Endor Rebel Trooper.  Will we get a running change of the Rebel Vanguard Trooper like we got with the Endor Rebel?

Answer - We took our cue from the Rebel Vanguard figure from the start/select screen, and are just going with that one version.  So, no running changes to this one.

3) DarthFox4565 - Does Hasbro plan to make more video game figures after Darth Nihilus and the Force Unleashed figures? And if so, what games will you be looking at?

Answer - We are certainly open to doing more figures.  We get updates periodically on the progress of the LucasArts games, and will look to continue that relationship as we see opportunities coming down the road for upcoming future games. As for past games, we have a couple small surprises here worked into the line.

Offline CHEWIE34

• S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +2/-0
Re: TheJawa's Q&A Section - Ask Away!
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 08:05:27 PM »
Nice to see that Lumiya might be considered.  One thing I've really enjoyed with these comic packs is that they have given us more female figures, since we don't seem to get too many of those in the regular line.

;)

Offline General Grievous

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 12:04:17 PM »
If and when you make Ak-rev will you include the other half of the drum with him and the drum symbols he plays?
"Jedi Scum!" - General Grievous.

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 05:17:19 PM »
1) I really liked the badgless black tunic officers from Episode VI.  Will we ever see these guys in plastic, like Hewex, Dyer and the ever popular Renz?  I know we have Praji comin out, but I really want these guys.

We do have plans to tackle these guys as opportunities present themselves. It may take a while to get to specific officers, so hang in there.

2) In the past you said that stores have different order numbers for the Legends wave versus the regular TAC wave or even the SAGA waves.  In 2 local Wal-Marts, these all share the same pegs, where there are over 60 SAGA figures mixed in with some Legends figures and TAC pegwarmers(R2-D2, Obi and Mace).  Based on your previous answers that this kind of stuff shouldn't happen, what do you say now?  Do you contact these stores and have them get it right or send out a rep?  As a collector what can I do to get new stuff at these stores?

We do not have access to individual store level inventories to know what figures are where and in what quantity - that level of information simply doesn't exist.  That's why we report that on a national level - the greater whole - waves are shipping as planned, and the replenishment process by which stores are "resupplied" is something we watch on a weekly basis.  To be clear on how it works - stores will be resupplied based on what has sold down, not based on what is sitting on what pegs, which is invisible to the automated ordering systems.  So if Saga Legends is selling in those stores, it will be reordered.  If 30th Anniv. is selling, it will be reordered.  To finish that discussion - the stock of one has no impact on the other.  However, it doesn't work like clockwork all the time, and the number of older figures of a subline could impact which waves are shipped so it could be possible for a store to miss a wave depending on how much stock and how fast it's selling and what wave is available to ship next.  We would ask that if collectors have noticed problems in certain stores, that they please send the Store # of the WM store with the issue (via the same process you use to submit questions) and we will have our retail teams look into it and see if there is a way to "unclog" a local store if its within our merchandising teams coverage area.

3) Will we ever get the ewoks that help chewy take out the AT-ST in Return of the jedi?  Any other new Ewoks on the horizon, besides the new 2 pack coming out?

In general, yes, we will keep Ewoks in the line and introduce new ones every so often.  Regarding the specific ones that helped Chewie…we'll look into it and see which guys they are.  They would be good ones to slot into the line at the next Ewok opportunity.
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline Darth Ravenous

• Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +3/-0
  • "I Am The Senate!"
    • MySpace
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2007, 05:47:15 PM »
2) In the past you said that stores have different order numbers for the Legends wave versus the regular TAC wave or even the SAGA waves.  In 2 local Wal-Marts, these all share the same pegs, where there are over 60 SAGA figures mixed in with some Legends figures and TAC pegwarmers(R2-D2, Obi and Mace).  Based on your previous answers that this kind of stuff shouldn't happen, what do you say now?  Do you contact these stores and have them get it right or send out a rep?  As a collector what can I do to get new stuff at these stores?

We do not have access to individual store level inventories to know what figures are where and in what quantity - that level of information simply doesn't exist.  That's why we report that on a national level - the greater whole - waves are shipping as planned, and the replenishment process by which stores are "resupplied" is something we watch on a weekly basis.  To be clear on how it works - stores will be resupplied based on what has sold down, not based on what is sitting on what pegs, which is invisible to the automated ordering systems.  So if Saga Legends is selling in those stores, it will be reordered.  If 30th Anniv. is selling, it will be reordered.  To finish that discussion - the stock of one has no impact on the other.  However, it doesn't work like clockwork all the time, and the number of older figures of a subline could impact which waves are shipped so it could be possible for a store to miss a wave depending on how much stock and how fast it's selling and what wave is available to ship next.  We would ask that if collectors have noticed problems in certain stores, that they please send the Store # of the WM store with the issue (via the same process you use to submit questions) and we will have our retail teams look into it and see if there is a way to "unclog" a local store if its within our merchandising teams coverage area.

All I understood from this paragraph is highlighted in yellow.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 05:57:18 PM by DarthNexu »

Offline Mithel

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2007, 06:28:06 PM »
Dear Hasbro,

I must admit I was a lil bit angry with the results of the Saga Legends Choice.  I really wanted the VOTC Stormtrooper, so I wanted to know if we'll see him eventually in any line, since I believe he made it close to the cut?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 07:11:53 PM by Mithel »

Offline Jaing Skirata

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • Keldabe kiss anyone?
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2007, 09:45:16 PM »

All I understood from this paragraph is highlighted in yellow.

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Personell Officer Mandalorian Mercs Costuming Club
www.mandalorianmercs.com
myspace.com/jaingskirata
http://mercs.firespray.net/wiki/index.php?title=A%27den_Skirata

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2007, 09:54:53 PM »
guess we need to start a walmart pegwarming thread to send to hasbro

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

Offline jfrog2002

• New Recruit
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • You don't know the power of the dark side.
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2007, 10:02:46 PM »
guess we need to start a walmart pegwarming thread to send to hasbro

Great idea!  Then we can post pictures of the pegs all being completely full of Legends figures with only one Obi-Wan and one R2 from the 30th AC.
The emperor is not as forgiving as I am.

Offline lordabell

• S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +23/-0
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2007, 03:07:14 AM »
Pics might be the only way to get them to understand.  They just don't seem to get it no matter how you explain it to them that the stores have no clue as to what to order, stock, and restock.  You can get repacks galore, but the new items that would sit on the pegs for 5 minutes just can't seem to get out there.  It is great that wave 5 and 6 are shipping, but we still have not seen wave 4 because of how backed up the system is.  I really want to take a Hasbro rep and rub his nose in it and say "look at these pegwarmers and Legends, bad rep" and then beat him with one of the 30 EP I and II clones that I just rubbed his nose in.  You would think that we were trying to explain quantum physics to them in the Q&As because I feel like all we get in return is a blank look of 'duh'.
"If there is a center to the collectors universe, I am in the city that is the farthest from."

Offline ncinciruk

• New Recruit
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2007, 01:32:52 PM »
I'm actually jealous that your walmarts have the episode 2 clones.  The Franklin Mills Walmart in Philadelphia, PA has yet to see past wave 2 and hasn't had any of the Saga Legends ever.  There are three sections of star wars figs in the toy department, all stuffed with last years SAGA, and wave 1 and 2 of this year minus the McQuarries of course.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 01:36:32 PM by ncinciruk »

Offline lordabell

• S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +23/-0
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2007, 02:43:17 AM »
I'm actually jealous that your walmarts have the episode 2 clones.  The Franklin Mills Walmart in Philadelphia, PA has yet to see past wave 2 and hasn't had any of the Saga Legends ever.  There are three sections of star wars figs in the toy department, all stuffed with last years SAGA, and wave 1 and 2 of this year minus the McQuarries of course.

They are the plain white ones from wave 1 and not the colored ranked ones.  We have not had anything past wave 2 either.
"If there is a center to the collectors universe, I am in the city that is the farthest from."

Offline ncinciruk

• New Recruit
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2007, 10:48:44 AM »

They are the plain white ones from wave 1 and not the colored ranked ones.  We have not had anything past wave 2 either.

Wave 1 of the normal TAC not wave 1 of saga.  Meaning that the only figs on the shelves at my walmart are obi-wan, r2, mace, biggs, rebel officer guy, imperial trooper, some airborne and galactic marines and guys from last year's line.  I thought that was understood by the statement "hasn't had any of the Saga Legends ever" so no plain white troopers period.

Offline Napseeker

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2007, 05:19:44 AM »
Question: I'm very excited by the forthcoming comic 2pack that includes Mouse and Able. I'm just wondering if Hasbro would consider making a running change to this release so that Mouse would have the normal Stormtrooper hand sculpts. This way both figures could stand in as regular Stormtrooper figures when their helmets are worn (and thus make this 2pack much much more desirable for collectors who are having trouble finding the regular TAC Stormtrooper and want to army build Stormies).

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
  • Pull your skirt back down, grow a set man
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2007, 06:57:27 AM »
and thus make this 2pack much much more desirable for collectors who are having trouble finding the regular TAC Stormtrooper and want to army build Stormies

How many do you want? I can probably round up several dozen that are warming pegs around here...

Yo I'm sittin on top of the- It's more than a feeling ain't it?
I be killin damn it, I'm illin and I'm illin'
Eh eh eh meet Mr. Popular, Go get your binoculars
And see Penthouse 3 where a ni**a be
They whisperin about us
I know you haters doubt us
How you count our money we ain't even finish countin'
Pardon me I must say, I'm kinda like a big deal...

Offline Napseeker

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2007, 09:24:15 PM »
Wow, pegwarming stormies?  Maybe it's because I'm in Canada that we're not getting them in better quantities but I'd like to have the kind of problems you're having...  I've only got two myself and that was thanks to a fellow trader.

If the Mouse and Able figures use the same mold as the 2pack Stormie Luke, I'd rather try and army build those (the waist and other joints on my TAC Stormies are quite loose, whereas my Comic Luke has way tighter joints, as good as my VotC Stormtrooper).

Offline CHEWIE34

• S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +2/-0
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2007, 11:43:42 PM »
Hasbro, do you have plans for a new sculpt of the EPI C-3PO?  I would think that with the better quality that we've gotten over the years, that you could really nail this one now.  Perhaps with ball jointed knees and elbows, and even some loose wire strands to really make him look wobbly like in the film.  To spice it up even more, you could include the flag he carries right before the pod race.

;)

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
  • Pull your skirt back down, grow a set man
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2007, 08:06:57 AM »
Wow, pegwarming stormies?

Well, believe it or not, I'm as shocked as you are. I thought I would have a very tough time finding these Stormtroopers, and instead it was quite the opposite. But, that's one figure I won't complain about pegwarming, as eventually I'm sure I'll just buy them all up.

Yo I'm sittin on top of the- It's more than a feeling ain't it?
I be killin damn it, I'm illin and I'm illin'
Eh eh eh meet Mr. Popular, Go get your binoculars
And see Penthouse 3 where a ni**a be
They whisperin about us
I know you haters doubt us
How you count our money we ain't even finish countin'
Pardon me I must say, I'm kinda like a big deal...

Offline lordabell

• S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +23/-0
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2007, 08:48:17 AM »

Wave 1 of the normal TAC not wave 1 of saga.  Meaning that the only figs on the shelves at my walmart are obi-wan, r2, mace, biggs, rebel officer guy, imperial trooper, some airborne and galactic marines and guys from last year's line.  I thought that was understood by the statement "hasn't had any of the Saga Legends ever" so no plain white troopers period.

Settle down, I was just letting you know what we had if you needed any.

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2007, 05:21:44 PM »
THE latest for the Jawa:

4. I must admit I was a lil bit angry with the results of the Saga Legends Choice.  I really wanted the VOTC Stormtrooper, so I wanted to know if we'll see him eventually in any line, since I believe he made it close to the cut?

We were surprised as well, since going in it looked like the VOTC Stormtrooper would be a big favorite. In fact, he came in at  #13.  But, that is why we did the poll - to get the broadest fan base to help decide. In this respect, the results weren't too different from last year's poll in that troopers dominated the top spots.  However, there is some good news.  First - even though VOTC Stormtrooper didn't make it, we will work to get him in a future basic figure line eventually (not Saga Legends though, and probably not in 2008....a little after that, hopefully).  Second, we are looking to a few more figures from the list as candidates to bring back in basic figures eventually as well, so the poll will have longer-lasting effects (much like last year's did as well, which spun off more than the originally planned 8 fans' choice figures).

5. Are there any plans in the near future to make the McQuarrie Luke, Obi-Wan, Yoda, & Concept Grievous figures more available, or perhaps repack them sometime down the road?  The scalpers are making a killing on the auction sites with these rare figures.  It's the law of supply and demand: One would think Hasbro might like to collect every possible profit from these figures.  It would drive the illicit prices for these figures down, plus give Average Joe Collector a better chance at scoring these for his collection.

We have talked about it, but right now we don't have any plans to make the exclusives more widely available, with one exception. The McQuarrie Yoda & Obi-Wan will be re-released for HasbroToyShop in the U.S., and TRU in Europe (UK and Germany), in early Spring.  The packaging will be unchanged from the U.S. release.
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline Mithel

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2007, 06:42:15 PM »
Ahh no, Darth you asked the one I didn't care about anymore (mainly because I just bought 9 expensive stormies from BTS).  It's cool though.

Offline CHEWIE34

• S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +2/-0
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2007, 08:05:22 PM »
Wow, pegwarming stormies? 

I think some it has to do with the helmet for a lot of people - I personally don't like this Stormtrooper because the helmet doesn't look nearly as accurate to me as the VOTC/Tantive IV version.  So I've passed on this.  Otherwise, I'd probably have bought at least 20.

;)

Offline Napseeker

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2007, 08:56:23 PM »
You know you're right about the helmet... I know when I did buy those two TAC stormies, I was excited until I opened them up and kind of mildly hated the way the helmet fit.  The jango head kind of forces the helmet too far forward on the body (whereas on the 2pack stormie Luke, the head seems to place the helmet more in the middle of the body).  Another reason I'm kind of hoping that Hasbro would skip the hands on Mouse and give us two potentially more useful generic stormtroopers here (assuming that their heads don't also end up misplacing the helmet of course!)

Hasbro has made some really good imperial army builders (AT-AT driver, DS Gunner) but kind of screwed up on the major ones (DS Trooper, ugh... and the TAC stormie).  Knowing that they'll try to put the VotC Stormie into the basic line soon is good news at least. Obviously people will not let that one pegwarm!

Offline Darth MiniMe

• New Recruit
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2007, 08:17:02 AM »
Dear Hasbro,
I know you don’t like to comment on rumors or speculations, so … if you were to produce new X-Wing or Snowspeeder pilots in 2008 … would you use the existing mold from 2004 as you did with Biggs Darklighter, Hobbie Klivian and Lt. Lepira or a completely new one with more articulation? Ball jointed shoulders and (at least) swivel elbows would make a major improvement.

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2007, 05:22:52 PM »
1. Late 2007 and early 2008 looks to be great and has me excited. Between the confirmations you've made and the "rumor lists" floating about, it looks like most all of the figures and vehicles I've asked for are being produced. There is 1 figure I havent seen hide nor hair of and have a question. Any chance you will revisit the AOTC Clone trooper with removeable armor? While a great figure, it lacks alot of things such as a sculpt useable for anything besides putting on the speeder, which it really doesnt do to well anyway. How about giving that figure a new release... maybe going SA on it and using tech like that of the Wave 9 Clone in training and Jango for removabel armor that stays on better. It'd be nice to have a nice figure in the jumpsuit to work with!

We are glad you are excited….we can't wait to show you even more about what we have planned, but all things in time.  To your question....we hadn't planned on updating this figure, since the recent Kamino training figure sort of fits the bill for us on this point.  It’s possible further down the line we could look at this.

2. If and when you make Ak-rev will you include the other half of the drum with him and the drum symbols he plays?

The "other half" of the drum would simply be another copy of the same one, since they are reversible and fit together.  If and when we do Ak-Rev, he will come with another half to make a complete one.

Offline Jaing Skirata

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • Keldabe kiss anyone?
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2007, 06:30:21 PM »
Thanks for asking my question. not the answer I was looking for but, we'll see what the future holds.
Personell Officer Mandalorian Mercs Costuming Club
www.mandalorianmercs.com
myspace.com/jaingskirata
http://mercs.firespray.net/wiki/index.php?title=A%27den_Skirata

Offline General Grievous

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2007, 09:37:48 PM »
Thanks for asking mine also. ;D

Even though Hasbro only answered part of it. ::)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 09:38:51 PM by General Grievous »
"Jedi Scum!" - General Grievous.

Offline lordabell

• S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +23/-0
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2007, 06:32:46 AM »
I like the "if and when" about Ak-Rev.  I think that the "if" is moot and that they are going to put him out soon.  Since they went through the trouble of tooling up the drum to be 2 pieces, I can't see Hasbro just letting it slide.  Ak-Rev would make sure they get there money out of the mold for the drum.

Offline CHEWIE34

• S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +2/-0
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2007, 11:09:34 AM »
Ak-Rev was a great question.  Glad to see that one asked.  I do think that at some point we'll see him made, and like lordabell said, it makes sense for them to try and maximize their return on the drum mold (heck, I bought several of Umpass Stay anyway, but would probably grab a handful of Ak-Rev too. 

Regarding the removable armor clone... not something too high on my list because once assembled they seem to look too bulky unfortunately.  But those removable armor panels are nice for custom fodder, and just seeing one perhaps in the black jumpsuit without armor would be nice.   :)

;)

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2007, 11:14:38 AM »
That's interesting how you always look at what the "spare parts" will add up to Chewie! I too wondered about the other half of the drum since I so often play to my own beat!  :td: