Author Topic: Hasbro wants our Questions:  (Read 603513 times)

Offline Jedi Scholar 8

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
Re: Hasbro wants our Questions:
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2006, 01:19:22 PM »
Excellent!  It sounds like the rest of Delta Squad is seriously in the works!

Pat

Offline TAMER

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +133/-0
« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2006, 01:22:04 PM »
man, I see your point strho. Did they answer any questions without the words wait and see? perhaps that should be one of our next questions to them. I hope we get to see if they plan on making an atte if there is another oppurtunity to ask them stuff. Guess they will say just wait and see.

Offline Scruffy

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +8/-0
  • who's scruffy-looking?
« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2006, 01:44:58 PM »
Hasbro sounds like a politian. What do we have to do to get real answers? This whole Hasbro Q&A thing is a joke.

Offline scalperhunter1

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2006, 01:59:12 PM »
Hasblo made it very clear that no information will be revealed until ComicCon or after. They better come out with some VERY EXCITING news at the convention.
I have seen the Q&A threads on other sites. The two questions that have never been asked are: Why does Hasbro continue to put out rehashed figures and what resources does hasbro use to determine the lines/figures that will be released next?
Light side, dark side, light side, dark side, light side, dark side. So many choices, so little time.

Offline TheBarve

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2006, 02:56:11 PM »
nice detailed answers we got  ::). Oh well it's better then nothing I guess. Hopefully we get a lot of EU Figs next year!

:bobafett: James
"What makes a man a man? A friend of mine once wondered. Is it his origins? The way he comes to life? I don't think so. It's the choices he makes. Not how he starts things, but how he decides to end them."
-John Meyers (HELLBOY)

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2006, 03:48:23 PM »
We are told we'll get an extra question until we get caught up, I'll be taking questions from the thread that will be sent in next. Thanks for the patience guys, and I PROMISE it'll all be made up with the Atomic Boom that will be Sandblast 2006!  >:D
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline pshorrock72

• Premium
  • Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • AFA is a silly excuse to scalp!!!
« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2006, 04:29:34 PM »
I think we were better off talking to a oui-ja board or magic 8 ball.

Offline wickedempire

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +44/-0
  • Yes, I'm a Bust Fanactic......
« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2006, 05:00:59 PM »
I hope to see some more delta squad!! Well hopefully hasbro will have some good news come later in the coming months. At least we got some questions up!

Offline Jedi Scholar 8

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2006, 05:22:19 PM »
Troopers, in all honesty, did anyone REALLY expect to get fully detailed answers revealing EVERY secret that Hasbro held?  It would have been foolish to do so!  They dropped many a good hint thus far, and are very adamant that more will be revealed at ComiCon.  After that, the flood gates will be thrown open and the new images and toys will come rushing out.  Besides, they still need to make an effort to keep us in some suspense.  If we know everything that will be produced until the end of time, would we still be as interested?  Part of collecting is the wait to see what's next.  I for one am excited with some of the answers provided by Hasbro during their Q&A sessions.  I can't wait to see what our Sandtrooper Team brings back from ComiCon, either!

Pat

Offline scalperhunter1

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
« Reply #69 on: June 30, 2006, 06:20:57 PM »
We are told we'll get an extra question until we get caught up, I'll be taking questions from the thread that will be sent in next. Thanks for the patience guys, and I PROMISE it'll all be made up with the Atomic Boom that will be Sandblast 2006!  >:D

The two questions that have never been asked are: Why does Hasbro continue to put out rehashed figures and what resources does Hasbro use to determine the lines/figures that will be released next?

I wish someone would start asking some hard ball questions. Such as the ones I posted. So many people bitch about the the fact that they don't need to see Vader and other figures being released for the upteenth time and I agree.
Put Hasbro on the spot and try to get them to put an answer to our complaints.
Light side, dark side, light side, dark side, light side, dark side. So many choices, so little time.

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #70 on: June 30, 2006, 06:27:18 PM »
All honest guys, I'm just happy to see the line open. Let's do our best to try to work with these guys and not be so hostile. With the other websites that are on board, maybe WE ALL can make a postive difference.
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline clonewarskid

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2006, 06:53:45 PM »
Hey everybody, i'm a new recruit in the frontline. i just want to ask if Hasbro will make the galactic marine, kashyyyk barc trooper or even the utupau airborne trooper like commander fox and the the est of the republic commandos besides scorch. thanks
commando saberdude ready to Roll!
squad-roll out-over.

Offline sithmasterc

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #72 on: June 30, 2006, 07:03:18 PM »
My only question for Hasbro is why they short pack hot figures that everyone wants and doubles of the ones everyone doesn't want?A good example is Scortch and Cody.These figures were very popular and Hasbro decided to put Scortch and Cody one to a case.I just hope that next year that Hasbro does something about that.It really gets frustrating when you have to beat you brains out trying to find that hot figure that everyone has to have.The Galactic Marines are going to be hell to find if Hasbro decides to pack them one to a case.

Offline Scruffy

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +8/-0
  • who's scruffy-looking?
« Reply #73 on: June 30, 2006, 07:29:11 PM »
Someone please ask this question...

"Why in bloody hell so much rehashes?"

My turning point was when I spent all that money on ROTS figures last year and then this year they're re-releasing them. I wouldn't be dumb enough to buy them again but it takes away the value part in it. The people who wanted those figures should have gotten them when they were originally released. We can't even get a full line of new figures...

allright. I'm done rambling.

Offline Hothchad

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +125/-0
« Reply #74 on: June 30, 2006, 08:57:17 PM »
Here is my two cents worth.  Hasbro is going to do what Habro feels they need to do to make a profit.  If there market studies tell them to recard older figures and so on, they are going to do it that is what they are in business for to make profits for there stockholders period!  Don't get me wrong I hate recards just like most of us do, but that is part of the deal.  It does seem they are starting to take more input from the collecters lately, let's give them a little slack.  Big corporations always take baby steps, so if they get burned its not going to hurt as bad.  Just look at the EU line, people kept voicing their opinion and now they are making them.  I believe they short pack the popular figures for a reason, to keep the interest up.  I know its frustrating trying to find them, but that to me is the only logical reason behind this.  I also believe that Hasbro is still a little gunshy from the POTF line that came out after ROTJ even though its been many years.  It's my belief that they are slowly starting to realize there is a strong collecter base out there and that is why they are finally showing some interest in us.  They may not publicly state that the collecter is there main consumer, but we all know we are.  And no I'm not a stockholder in Hasbro.
Failure is not in my vocabulary

Offline Jaing Skirata

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • Keldabe kiss anyone?
« Reply #75 on: June 30, 2006, 09:08:40 PM »
Hey everybody, i'm a new recruit in the frontline. i just want to ask if Hasbro will make the galactic marine, kashyyyk barc trooper or even the utupau airborne trooper like commander fox and the the est of the republic commandos besides scorch. thanks

The Galatic Marine is alledgedly due in 2007, the BARC Trooper was released with a lame BARC speeder and is a poorly done figure (I've had good luck using the new Scout Troopers and old POTJ Scout Troopers to make these), the Utapau Airbourne Trooper is due this fall as part of Mace Windu's Squadron but he'll be purple and again will require customizing. As far as the RC's go... well, I want to know that myself!
Personell Officer Mandalorian Mercs Costuming Club
www.mandalorianmercs.com
myspace.com/jaingskirata
http://mercs.firespray.net/wiki/index.php?title=A%27den_Skirata

Offline A.D.I.T.L.1979

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
  • "Nefarious"
    • Erik's Myspace
« Reply #76 on: June 30, 2006, 11:22:10 PM »
Hasbro sounds like a politian. What do we have to do to get real answers? This whole Hasbro Q&A thing is a joke.

And here I thought Tony Snow was Press Secretary for the White House....geez...

Erik
"Why so serious?"--The Joker, as played by Heath Ledger, 1979-2008

Offline TAMER

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +133/-0
« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2006, 06:32:47 AM »
Will they make an ATTE?

Offline TheBarve

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2006, 11:24:17 AM »
Will there be a AT-AT rerelease? Will the actions features be permantly removed from the figure lines?

"What makes a man a man? A friend of mine once wondered. Is it his origins? The way he comes to life? I don't think so. It's the choices he makes. Not how he starts things, but how he decides to end them."
-John Meyers (HELLBOY)

Offline scalperhunter1

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2006, 11:53:01 AM »

And here I thought Tony Snow was Press Secretary for the White House....geez...

Erik

Hey Spice and Strho. Did you noticed I didn't take this and run with it? You know me. I don't like to get off topic. ::)

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #80 on: July 01, 2006, 04:18:19 PM »
Will there be a AT-AT rerelease? Will the actions features be permantly removed from the figure lines?

Hey James, an At-At with Endor paint scheme is being released this fall

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

Offline Bloodant

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +98/-0
  • If at 1st you don't succeed, skydiving isn't 4 you
« Reply #81 on: July 01, 2006, 10:15:51 PM »
Some complain about rehashes, does that include another AT-AT? How many AT-ATs do I need? I know I 'll buy another, since StarFox was kind enuff to post a pic.
If it came with the Command bunker behind it that would be sweet.
I guess you have to take the good with the bad. If you don't like them don't buy them. I did not buy any of the Heroes n Villians set.
I did in fact see a couple of little kids buy them up. I even helped them out. They were happy as can be buying a rehashed Yoda, one of his favorite characters.
If hasbro did not think about collectors, why make obscure figures. A fire pilot less than 58 sec in the movie. The Kir Kanos figure will be nice and that one would be unknown to me, unless I read the comic. Kids could care less about figure from a comic that came out years ago.
Hasbro can not help it adults like myself want to collect thier product. if they made such a crappy product do you think I would buy it, would you?
As long as they come out with something new I'll be happy, whether it is hard to find or not.

May the force be with you! PEACE!

OH yea, a question for Hasbro would be, Will you PLEASE make an AT-TE, Rebel Medical Frigate Capital ship, and Star Destroyer??? They can all be playsets similar to the M.Falcon.
Wants
Feedback
My Blog
New Recruits
私は星戦争を愛する!

Offline TheBarve

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #82 on: July 04, 2006, 11:26:08 AM »

Man this is gonna mean some major dough will be shelled out. Because of those two bonus figures too! So how much? Has Hasbro set a price?

-John Meyers (HELLBOY)

Offline A.D.I.T.L.1979

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
  • "Nefarious"
    • Erik's Myspace
« Reply #83 on: July 04, 2006, 12:21:01 PM »
Here's a question I wouldn't mind asked:

What level of input do you actively seek in designing new figures (beyond the most obvious method: the Fan Choice's polls)?  For example, do you use general focus groups, and/or do you browse Star Wars fansites?

Erik
"Why so serious?"--The Joker, as played by Heath Ledger, 1979-2008

Offline Wayne

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Wayne
« Reply #84 on: July 04, 2006, 12:49:13 PM »

Man this is gonna mean some major dough will be shelled out. Because of those two bonus figures too! So how much? Has Hasbro set a price?

$89.99 is the price right now

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
  • Pull your skirt back down, grow a set man
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #85 on: July 04, 2006, 03:53:56 PM »
While going through some boxes today I found my Jedi Master Points - all 8000+ of them.

So my question is:

Should I toss these out already, or is there a snowball's chance in hell that I might actually be able to do something with these some day?

Yo I'm sittin on top of the- It's more than a feeling ain't it?
I be killin damn it, I'm illin and I'm illin'
Eh eh eh meet Mr. Popular, Go get your binoculars
And see Penthouse 3 where a ni**a be
They whisperin about us
I know you haters doubt us
How you count our money we ain't even finish countin'
Pardon me I must say, I'm kinda like a big deal...

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #86 on: July 04, 2006, 04:44:49 PM »
I think that is going on next week's bro, I've still got about 8-9k myself! The auction thing really, really sucked. I know as many people who had did not have the opportunity to USE!

Offline Darth Aussie

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +39/-0
  • Australian Sith Lord!
« Reply #87 on: July 05, 2006, 06:05:06 AM »
You may as well hold onto them, you never know when they'll turn around and ask for them again.... :-\
Tie those Scalpers down sport!  Fair Dinkum!

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #88 on: July 05, 2006, 12:54:02 PM »
I was informed they received this weeks questions so we should be in on the next round.  :)

Offline dustrho

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +84/-0
  • S.C.A.L.P. Weapons Supplier
    • dustrho on Twitter
« Reply #89 on: July 05, 2006, 01:19:28 PM »
I was informed they received this weeks questions so we should be in on the next round.  :)

Excellent news! I'm still keeping my fingers crossed though.