Author Topic: Hasbro wants our Questions:  (Read 603640 times)

Offline pshorrock72

• Premium
  • Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • AFA is a silly excuse to scalp!!!
Re: Hasbro wants our Questions:
« Reply #2130 on: January 13, 2012, 05:48:19 PM »
Dear Hasbro, where did the thought come from to create a new Vintage Battledroid not in scale to the Battledroids released in the Saga two packs (Ruddy) and in the DVD Anniversary set? This seemed like a no brainer to use the mold again but now we have this Vintage Dwarf droid for 10.00  - and even the weapon is smaller??? I just don't get it!

Offline pshorrock72

• Premium
  • Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
« Reply #2131 on: February 07, 2012, 10:36:11 PM »
Here are a couple of Qs for the Big H:

Dear Hasbro: is the tank empty or is there something more to this year other than wave after wave of tweaks and repacks?

Dear Hasbro: How do you as a company perceive how you are doing: A: We are spot on!Don't you see our repacks rock!!!  B: We are trying here, but we miss the mark often.   C: Hey, you guys love repacks... how bout some mores of dem repacks!! D: We are pretty much on auto pilot and we do what the execs think are kewl.

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
  • wampa's prefer eating rebels vs. imps, less armour
« Reply #2132 on: February 08, 2012, 12:43:59 AM »
Dear hasbro is the mandalorian assault transport ever going to be released again soon? I never saw this at retail once. How about the Walmart DVD 2 packs  ( the one with obi and gearshift amd ahsoka and sycthye) that didn't come out last year either.  Any chance we will get the boba figure with poncho from the canšeled boba with speeder bike?
--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.

Offline daytrip903

• Premium
  • Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +15/-0
  • Go Cardinals!!!
« Reply #2133 on: February 11, 2012, 11:25:03 AM »
Hopefully at TF this weekend someone will ask Hasbro what they can do to improve distribution and case assortments?  Also I would love to hear if they will be re-releasing Bastila Shan and Echo Base Soldier. 
Is it time to go home yet?

Offline Lord-Penter

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • If you only knew.......
« Reply #2134 on: February 12, 2012, 06:56:53 AM »
We have to get Hasbro to address the production & distribution problem they have had lately.
What are they doing to change it? We expect to see these great new items eventually on the shelves in quanity & not wait till Xmas season?
Hasbro needs to spread our pain$ & not hit us with 5 new waves + vhx +bps etc.. all at once.
What ever happened to getting a new wave every month? It worked for a very long time until 2011? What is Hasbro doing to not repeat 2011.
Do online retailers get priority over Walmt,Target etc. new figs seem to always be instock online when major retailers shelves are empty & there is no restock, for months at a time? Why? Since online retailers order less & pay more. Do they get 1st priority in product?
"Your arrogance blinds you."
"The ability to speak does not
        make you intelligent."

Offline Slobba_the_Hutt

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • I'm not your daddy, I'm your grampa
« Reply #2135 on: February 14, 2012, 01:48:21 PM »
I want to know if the SDCC Carbon Freeze set will be readily available after the show since I can't go

last year's Death Star set was a disaster trying to order it after the show, and I want this set even more
that Jar Jar in Carbonite looks hilarious, but I don't want to pay secondary market prices
Hoam skool Dropowt

Offline Lord-Penter

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #2136 on: February 17, 2012, 07:29:57 AM »
I monitor every site & place preorders immediately, even if preorder from 5 diff sites? when you get 1 confirmed, cancel others.
Its not about quanity, only 1. Thats what scalpers do, except they get them all & $crew us later.
I paid $120+ for SDCC Dstar set & I was lucky. That set is the 1st thing I've seen Hasbro do in a very long time that
the demand & limited quanities have truly made it hold its outrageous prices? if you can find 1? I will never sell mine.
Considering how BAD 2011 was? Dstar set was by far best & most wanted item in 2011.
The Carbon Jar Jar will make it wanted for 2012?
        make you intelligent."

Offline Bloodant

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +98/-0
  • If at 1st you don't succeed, skydiving isn't 4 you
« Reply #2137 on: February 24, 2012, 08:04:03 PM »
I could of got a Dstar but really didn't care for it. Maybe if they made a playset out of it and if it was plastic than maybe. But it was definate pass for me.
Wants
Feedback
My Blog
New Recruits
私は星戦争を愛する!

Offline Bloodant

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +98/-0
  • If at 1st you don't succeed, skydiving isn't 4 you
« Reply #2138 on: February 24, 2012, 08:10:26 PM »
Here are a couple of Qs for the Big H:

Dear Hasbro: is the tank empty or is there something more to this year other than wave after wave of tweaks and repacks?

Dear Hasbro: How do you as a company perceive how you are doing: A: We are spot on!Don't you see our repacks rock!!!  B: We are trying here, but we miss the mark often.   C: Hey, you guys love repacks... how bout some mores of dem repacks!! D: We are pretty much on auto pilot and we do what the execs think are kewl.

Pete your suvrey made me laugh out loud...  :roflmao:

But you have a valid point, most fortune 500 have some sort of customer perception survey or process, I wonder if Habro has something similar. I'm sure hasbro has stockholders but how much stock will Habro drop if collectors stop buying SW repacks.

But here is my question:
I love the idea of the MTT, I gotta have one maybe two, but since Hasbro has made this huge vehicle will we see a Jabba Sail barge in time for the 3D release of Jedi?
Wants
Feedback
My Blog
New Recruits
私は星戦争を愛する!

Offline pshorrock72

• Premium
  • Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
« Reply #2139 on: April 29, 2012, 05:48:44 AM »
Have we given up here or has Hasbro turned a deaf ear to us.. Criticism comes with the business.. I guess they could care less.. I get that with the crap they get out there.. dwarfed figures is laughable and at 10 bucks.. think not!

Offline Lord-Penter

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #2140 on: May 12, 2012, 07:26:40 PM »
Dear Hasbro,  Have you told your stock shareholders that the .04 lose per share for 2012 so far is because Hasbro
is either unable or unwilling to produce & distribute efficently to retailers. Life long collectors of many Hasbro licensed property lines
have given up & sick of wasting gas & time to try to locate new items with NO luck. If Hasbro is not going to address the problems with
production & distribution & the global economy slows down more? What will the losses be by years end?
Its OBVIOUS Hasbro doesn't care about collectors, what about your shareholders wanting explanations for their losses?
        make you intelligent."

Offline pshorrock72

• Premium
  • Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
« Reply #2141 on: May 13, 2012, 09:51:32 AM »
Looking at the pegs for star wars being empty and looking over a foot or so to see the spinning tops in filling the pegs and other crap they produce.. Star wars just does not get the same attention.

Offline Lord-Penter

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #2142 on: May 24, 2012, 05:05:22 AM »
Hasbro?! 2012 Vintage Collection waves 1 & 2 were all in 1 case assortment, why is wave 3 in 3 different case assortments?
It would be nice to buy a case of figs & get the ENTIRE wave. By doing this with your obvious production & distribution problems,
You are making it even more difficult to acquire complete waves of figs & you are aiding the scalpers by justifying their outrageous prices
with your failure of distribution of new product. This problem must be addressed.
        make you intelligent."

Offline pshorrock72

• Premium
  • Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
« Reply #2143 on: August 11, 2012, 08:59:58 AM »
Dear Hasbro, what are you doing to prevent this??

Offline Slobba_the_Hutt

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #2144 on: August 11, 2012, 05:42:57 PM »
those boxes aren't even taped shut
Hoam skool Dropowt

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #2145 on: August 13, 2012, 07:12:16 AM »
Dear Hasbro, what are you doing to prevent this??

wow !   :o

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

Offline Lord-Penter

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #2146 on: August 20, 2012, 06:50:24 AM »
After seeing Hasbro's 3 Stooges give excuses? I noticed 5 eye ball rolls during a few questions?
Where do they get off?!? David you have more patience than I do.  I would have called them on that crap on camera.
They need to know that we are serious & we do not take their failures lightly & we don't want our concerns taken lightly.
I saw that vid & my blood boiled. They treat us like children & they blame their mistakes & failures on any & everyone but themselves?
I didn't know Hasbro has a  Propaganda Dept.? How you did it David without entering into a Homicidal rage?
I was wishing you were going to pull a "3 Stooge Slap" hitting all 3 in 1 slap.  ;D
        make you intelligent."

Offline scalperhunter1

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
« Reply #2147 on: August 20, 2012, 02:33:59 PM »
After seeing Hasbro's 3 Stooges give excuses? I noticed 5 eye ball rolls during a few questions?
Where do they get off?!? David you have more patience than I do.  I would have called them on that crap on camera.
They need to know that we are serious & we do not take their failures lightly & we don't want our concerns taken lightly.
I saw that vid & my blood boiled. They treat us like children & they blame their mistakes & failures on any & everyone but themselves?
I didn't know Hasbro has a  Propaganda Dept.? How you did it David without entering into a Homicidal rage?
I was wishing you were going to pull a "3 Stooge Slap" hitting all 3 in 1 slap.  ;D

I couldn't agree more. Evasive, elusive, disrespectful, uncaring, egotistical. Feel free to add any and all other adjectives that apply to the 3 bozoz from hasblo. The eye rolling was blatantly obvious. The total disgust with the questions being asked was glaring.
What I noticed the most was how they constantly had to think before answering. They weren't able to respond immediately and honestly. These wombats made sure that their answers were delivered in such a way that the content did not reveal hasblos true philosophy on availability, product choice or total disregard for the consumer. There were also a number of times when the ones who were not speaking had looks of fear on their faces as they were afraid the incorrect information was going to be stated.
I could go on and on but I won't. Suffice it to say, hasblo has once again proven that as a company they DO NOT give a tinkers damn about what we know will sell. Only what hasblo says we should be purchasing.
These jerks should run for office.
Light side, dark side, light side, dark side, light side, dark side. So many choices, so little time.

Offline JediMCor

• Premium
  • Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +3/-0
  • I'm with Force!
« Reply #2148 on: August 20, 2012, 07:37:48 PM »
Wow!!! I didn't know the DODO Bird was still alive, especially having 3 of them in 1 show. They were caught off guard with the questions, couldn't wait to get away and fall off the cliff. Why is Hasbro doing this to themselves and us collectors? Makes me not want to buy their crap repacts or whatever anymore.  ??? ??? ???

Offline Slobba_the_Hutt

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #2149 on: August 20, 2012, 07:58:44 PM »
sometimes it seems that our input is more of an inconvenience for them

they are the smart business men and we are just losers who collect toys
Hoam skool Dropowt

Offline Hand So Low

• Premium
  • Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Don't get cocky!
« Reply #2150 on: August 20, 2012, 08:01:58 PM »
I don't buy their crap repacks. I think its cool that some collectors basements look like a SW toystore, but I can't buy the same figure over and over just to complete my collection. Its like if you owned all the Eagles albums, and then bought the Eagles Greatest Hits, and then bought all the reissues, and then bought the Eagles 20th Century Collection. The new pilot multipack is a perfect example. The only "new" figure in that pack is Porkins. Im glad Dan (?) was there to ask the questions and that it was on video. I hope this video is widely distributed and not just on ST. Here's the thing: we have the money, and we want to spend it on SW. But these guys make it hard to do that. I don't know how many times i've walked out of the toy aisle without a figure because of terrible selection on the pegs. Good interview. Hopefully, the people at Hasbro are reading this thread.
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.
Check out my want list here  http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=15148.0
Feedback thread http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=15027.0
For trade http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=

Offline pshorrock72

• Premium
  • Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
« Reply #2151 on: August 20, 2012, 10:55:19 PM »
After this hilarious video, Hasblo realizes it needs better reps... So they hired Bagdad Bob.

Offline pshorrock72

• Premium
  • Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
« Reply #2152 on: August 20, 2012, 11:04:54 PM »
wonder what is the tipping point till it will be cheaper to make toys in the USA versus Asia? Price increases have to be eating into profits.

Offline scalperhunter1

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
« Reply #2153 on: August 20, 2012, 11:14:17 PM »
sometimes it seems that our input is more of an inconvenience for them

they are the smart business men and we are just losers who collect toys

You are correct on one point. They are businessmen. But they definitely are not smart.
Light side, dark side, light side, dark side, light side, dark side. So many choices, so little time.

Offline Lord-Penter

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #2154 on: August 21, 2012, 04:09:52 AM »
I don't buy their crap repacks. I think its cool that some collectors basements look like a SW toystore, but I can't buy the same figure over and over just to complete my collection. Its like if you owned all the Eagles albums, and then bought the Eagles Greatest Hits, and then bought all the reissues, and then bought the Eagles 20th Century Collection. The new pilot multipack is a perfect example. The only "new" figure in that pack is Porkins. Im glad Dan (?) was there to ask the questions and that it was on video. I hope this video is widely distributed and not just on ST. Here's the thing: we have the money, and we want to spend it on SW. But these guys make it hard to do that. I don't know how many times i've walked out of the toy aisle without a figure because of terrible selection on the pegs. Good interview. Hopefully, the people at Hasbro are reading this thread.
I do not take offense? ;D I think we all want to see "NEW" sculpts & paint with technology the detail gets better.
I understand getting better quality products. I think I have 10-15 copies of SW Movies? & just added bluray? next will be 3D.
I never liked the Eagles? more a Pink Floyd fan. Even some newer music CDs of older bands can be digitized to sound better.
I get that too. What Hasbro is doing?!? Makes no business or marketing since at all.

wonder what is the tipping point till it will be cheaper to make toys in the USA versus Asia? Price increases have to be eating into profits.
Never with Free Trade. We can not compete on a Labor Costs.
USA would have to pay people a fair wage & Hasbro uses Slave Labor.
Hasbro? Made for kids by kids & passing the slavings on to you?
        make you intelligent."

Offline JediMCor

• Premium
  • Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +3/-0
  • I'm with Force!
« Reply #2155 on: August 21, 2012, 09:28:51 PM »
I don't like repacks either, but if I really want a figure that might not be issue out for a while again, Then I break down and buy the whole battle pack set. What a waste of money, it seems we don't any choices anymore. The scalpers are looking like they are winning with Hasblo help. With all the repacks each year, it seems that Hasbro wants to get out of Lucas contract in producing Starwars items and try something. But who would make Starwars in our future??????