Author Topic: Star Wars Black Series  (Read 1037 times)

Offline Lt. Starfox

  • Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • *
  • Posts: 24245
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Gender: Male
  • Boomstick !
Star Wars Black Series
« on: May 06, 2013, 09:57:31 PM »
ok, this line looks pretty cool, but after reading the front page story about the SDCC Boba Fett ringing up for $45, I'm feeling a little disgusted.  We are getting priced right out of this hobby.  This is a 6 inch action figure, why are they charging so much?  How much are the other 4 figures going to cost each?   gggrrrrrrrr


I'm all out of bubble gum.....

Offline Lord-Penter

  • Bounty Hunter
  • *
  • Posts: 2384
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Gender: Male
  • If you only knew.......
Re: Star Wars Black Series
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 04:30:52 AM »
ok, this line looks pretty cool, but after reading the front page story about the SDCC Boba Fett ringing up for $45, I'm feeling a little disgusted.  We are getting priced right out of this hobby.  This is a 6 inch action figure, why are they charging so much?  How much are the other 4 figures going to cost each?   gggrrrrrrrr
I hear you brother & Preach On!! It is getting outrageous & remember there is NO inflation..
Just look at all the price hikes in past 5 years now. On EVERYTHING.
"Your arrogance blinds you."
"The ability to speak does not
        make you intelligent."

Offline Slobba_the_Hutt

  • Senior Officer
  • *
  • Posts: 518
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Gender: Male
  • I'm not your daddy, I'm your grampa
Re: Star Wars Black Series
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 07:39:10 AM »
I don't plan to buy any of the 6 inch line

3.75 or nothing!

actually I'm looking forward to continuing the break in purchases of Hasbro product
Hoam skool Dropowt

Offline Lord-Penter

  • Bounty Hunter
  • *
  • Posts: 2384
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Gender: Male
  • If you only knew.......
Re: Star Wars Black Series
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 04:46:29 PM »
I read Black Series will be $19.99 ea & Boba, Han 2pk is $49.99  at SDCC.
I have been at this too long & for Boba & Han to be SDCC ex. means they will be released individually later,
with a minor difference, if any at all besides packaging, considering how predictable Hasbro is....
We now pay the same prices for a 6 inch fig we used to get Hasbro 12 inch figs for?
"Your arrogance blinds you."
"The ability to speak does not
        make you intelligent."

Offline darthdan

  • Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • *
  • Posts: 5166
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
  • Gender: Male
  • wampa's prefer eating rebels vs. imps, less armour
Re: Star Wars Black Series
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 07:36:21 PM »
Sounds pricey and not wanting to change scales at this point.  Might pick up the odd figure here  and there, maybe.....
--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.

Offline Vadersfist

  • Sith Lord
  • *
  • Posts: 12905
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • Gender: Male
  • TIME STAND STILL
Re: Star Wars Black Series
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 02:25:42 AM »
Amen,... you can say that again. If I have some cash I might pick up a few but I have mostly devoted 99% of my time to MOTUC and transformers. The other 1% goes to music and video games so that doesnt leave no space for star wars right now in the bank acct.


ok, this line looks pretty cool, but after reading the front page story about the SDCC Boba Fett ringing up for $45, I'm feeling a little disgusted.  We are getting priced right out of this hobby.  This is a 6 inch action figure, why are they charging so much?  How much are the other 4 figures going to cost each?   gggrrrrrrrr
I hear you brother & Preach On!! It is getting outrageous & remember there is NO inflation..
Just look at all the price hikes in past 5 years now. On EVERYTHING.
Transformers,...Robots in disguise!
My Collection
My Feedback