Author Topic: Star Wars Black Series  (Read 1037 times)

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
Star Wars Black Series
« on: May 06, 2013, 09:57:31 PM »
ok, this line looks pretty cool, but after reading the front page story about the SDCC Boba Fett ringing up for $45, I'm feeling a little disgusted.  We are getting priced right out of this hobby.  This is a 6 inch action figure, why are they charging so much?  How much are the other 4 figures going to cost each?   gggrrrrrrrr

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

Offline Lord-Penter

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • If you only knew.......
Re: Star Wars Black Series
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 04:30:52 AM »
ok, this line looks pretty cool, but after reading the front page story about the SDCC Boba Fett ringing up for $45, I'm feeling a little disgusted.  We are getting priced right out of this hobby.  This is a 6 inch action figure, why are they charging so much?  How much are the other 4 figures going to cost each?   gggrrrrrrrr
I hear you brother & Preach On!! It is getting outrageous & remember there is NO inflation..
Just look at all the price hikes in past 5 years now. On EVERYTHING.
"Your arrogance blinds you."
"The ability to speak does not
        make you intelligent."

Offline Slobba_the_Hutt

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • I'm not your daddy, I'm your grampa
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 07:39:10 AM »
I don't plan to buy any of the 6 inch line

3.75 or nothing!

actually I'm looking forward to continuing the break in purchases of Hasbro product
Hoam skool Dropowt

Offline Lord-Penter

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • If you only knew.......
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 04:46:29 PM »
I read Black Series will be $19.99 ea & Boba, Han 2pk is $49.99  at SDCC.
I have been at this too long & for Boba & Han to be SDCC ex. means they will be released individually later,
with a minor difference, if any at all besides packaging, considering how predictable Hasbro is....
We now pay the same prices for a 6 inch fig we used to get Hasbro 12 inch figs for?
"Your arrogance blinds you."
"The ability to speak does not
        make you intelligent."

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
  • wampa's prefer eating rebels vs. imps, less armour
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 07:36:21 PM »
Sounds pricey and not wanting to change scales at this point.  Might pick up the odd figure here  and there, maybe.....
--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 02:25:42 AM »
Amen,... you can say that again. If I have some cash I might pick up a few but I have mostly devoted 99% of my time to MOTUC and transformers. The other 1% goes to music and video games so that doesnt leave no space for star wars right now in the bank acct.

I hear you brother & Preach On!! It is getting outrageous & remember there is NO inflation..
Just look at all the price hikes in past 5 years now. On EVERYTHING.
Transformers,...Robots in disguise!
My Collection
My Feedback