Author Topic: Q & A Announcements:  (Read 22383 times)

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
  • Pull your skirt back down, grow a set man
    • starwarsgeek.net
Re: Q & A Announcements:
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2008, 01:25:00 PM »
not really convinced as i have seen them on the clearance racks with red stickers that said $9.99

That's not a clearance price... that's regular price.

Yo I'm sittin on top of the- It's more than a feeling ain't it?
I be killin damn it, I'm illin and I'm illin'
Eh eh eh meet Mr. Popular, Go get your binoculars
And see Penthouse 3 where a ni**a be
They whisperin about us
I know you haters doubt us
How you count our money we ain't even finish countin'
Pardon me I must say, I'm kinda like a big deal...

Offline jacensolo66

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +82/-0
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2008, 06:23:16 PM »
yeah i found it kind of odd. maybe they were trying to pull a fast one on unsuspecting parents.

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2008, 11:58:20 AM »
OK guys I totally forgot to mention the big H requested we keep the "long-winded" questions down to a minimal. I have to somewhat agree with them as some have been very long. We understand that some of us have a lot to say, and there's nothing wrong with that but let's try to keep in mind the subject is Hasbro wants our questions, not Hasbro wants our essay questions!
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2008, 03:53:45 PM »
MORE from the Q & A team today:

We have created two files to help folks at home anticipate and plan for our big Star Wars 7/26 launch.  These files will be available for download at starwars.hasbro.com next Wednesday 7/16.  They are:  1. The "Hasbro Clone Wars Handbook" details almost everything that will be available 7/26 and over the course of the Fall for Clone Wars, with images of all basic figures, vehicles, exclusives, and more.  2.  As the Handbook focuses on Clone Wars, and does not have actual anticipated on-shelf dates breakdowns of figures by wave, we have crafted a second companion spreasheet titled the "Hasbro Star Wars Fall 2008 Release Guide".  This Excel spreadsheet details Clone War and Legacy Collection information, along with availability dates and wave breakdowns, so all collectors will know what to focus on when.  Please spread the word that these will be available 7/16 for download at starwars.hasbro.com.
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline Napseeker

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2008, 04:55:36 PM »
OK guys I totally forgot to mention the big H requested we keep the "long-winded" questions down to a minimal. I have to somewhat agree with them as some have been very long. We understand that some of us have a lot to say, and there's nothing wrong with that but let's try to keep in mind the subject is Hasbro wants our questions, not Hasbro wants our essay questions!

I'm the one most clearly guilty of this, so I definitely will try to cut down my question sizes for the next batch.  They should give a rough word count that they want :)

Offline jacensolo66

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +82/-0
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2008, 05:42:25 PM »
cool that hasbro decided to do the spreadsheet. now i can plan what i am going to buy. or i will just get everything non-animated. one of the two.

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2008, 05:45:21 PM »
I'd plan on downloading it so that I can keep track of what I have and what I need to get as time goes on with CW's. Kind of like a check list in a way.
Transformers,...Robots in disguise!
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2008, 12:43:10 PM »
I just got this in from the Big H regarding some confusion in upcoming waves:

The initial response to the following Star Wars Q&A question from this past round was incomplete and seems to have caused some confusion in the broader collector-fan community.

Question:
Just to clear up some confusion, can you confirm the order of the waves next year?  We're pretty sure 2009 (or maybe late 2008) starts with the 8 figures from ANH, then comes the 6-figure ESB themed Wave 2, followed by the 6-figure RotJ themed Wave 3?  Is that right?

To clarify, the 2009 basic figure order looks like this:  Spring consists of EpIV (8 figures), EpV (6 figures), EpII (6 figures), and EpVI (8 figures).  Fall will see four waves: EpIV (8 figures), EpI (6 figures), EpIII (6 figures), and EpV (6 figures) for a total of 54 figures.  A 9th wave, the EU wave (6 figures), has slipped to be on-shelf right now around late Dec/early Jan so we are not counting that in the 2009 count, unless we are able to bring that one back in.

Offline jacensolo66

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +82/-0
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2008, 08:51:24 PM »
nice of them to clear up the confusion they created  ::)  it is also nice to see that ep2 is going to get a wave of figures since the last couple of years it and ep1 have been under represented. i am still looking forward to the eu wave the most(so far) so it sux that it was pushed back but at least it wasnt cancelled.

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2009, 02:29:43 AM »
This was a letter passed along from Mr. DePriest of Hasbro:

On behalf of the Star Wars team, we want to thank all of the Star Wars collector-fan media, and all of the fans, who have shown tremendous support for Hasbro’s Star Wars lineup this year.  We hope that you have found delight in playing with your toys, just like we have in working to bring them to you this past year.  In addition, the tremendous work that all of the fans and sites have done to deliver another great Fans’ Choice poll will result in not one, but many great inspiration for years to come. We have a lot of excitement in store for next year, and we think 2010 is going to shape up to be one of the most exciting years ever for fans of Hasbro Star Wars.  With the 30th Anniversary of Empire Strikes Back to celebrate, we think it’s going to be a big year as well. Happy Holidays to everyone!

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2010, 01:17:11 PM »
I was just informed the Q & A will NOT be here today as scheduled.  Stay tuned for our first set of ?
's for 2010 and please leave yours in the Sandtroopers / Jawa.com threads.  :)

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2010, 12:31:09 PM »
The Q & A passed along this little tid-bit and yes the questions are late...

We are excited to announce the launch of two great, new Hasbro ‘Summer Savings’ promotions for our TRANSFORMERS and STAR WARS brands.  Starting today, through July 31, 2010, when you purchase $25 or more of select Hasbro TRANSFORMERS or STAR WARS products, you will receive product of $25 value FREE!

In Hasbro’s “TRANSFORMERS Double Your Action Giveaway,” when consumers purchase $25 or more of select Hasbro TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN product, they will get three (3) TRANSFORMERS Deluxe Class figures free! For more information visit http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/en_US/discover/transformers-toy-giveaway

Also, Hasbro’s “STAR WARS Free Gear Giveaway” rewards consumers with a free STAR WARS CAPTAIN REX HELMET or STAR WARS DUEL ACTION LIGHTSABER when they purchase $25 or more of select Hasbro STAR WARS product, including action figures, vehicles and other great toys!  For more information visit http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/en_US/discover/news/free-gear-giveaway/

Details on which Hasbro TRANSFORMERS and STAR WARS product qualifies in each promotion, as well as redemption instructions, can be found using the links provided above.

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2010, 01:22:46 PM »
SWEET!  free swag is always nice and we don't have to jump through many hoops

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

Offline Darth Doomy-Doom

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2010, 06:23:28 PM »
I'd be more into this if the giveaways were better.  As it stands, I'm not all that interested in a helmet or lightsaber.  That said, I printed out the form anyway...I'm not going to rush out and buy stuff just for the promotion, but if I do happen to spend $25 before August (and I might), I might as well get some free stuff.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2010, 06:45:58 PM »
The real question is "will Hasbro release $25 worth of stuff between now and July 31st that I want". I'm thinking no.

They whisperin about us

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2010, 10:16:53 AM »
hopefully more of the TRU wave will hit b4 then

Offline fishboy_254

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +112/-0
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2010, 12:55:03 PM »
As I read it, it looks like you don't get to pick which $25 of product to buy.  You either get 3 transformers or a captain rex helmet or the lightsabers....I hope I am wrong though.
Needed: 
             Saga Gold Boba Fett

MR FX Mace Saber
             MR FX Kenobi Saber ROTS
             Hasbro Maul FX - double blade
             Hasbro Kenobi FX - Ep I
             Hasbro Dooku FX

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2010, 07:26:10 PM »
As I read it, it looks like you don't get to pick which $25 of product to buy. 

No, you buy $25 worth of whatever product you want from the list, and then get to choose what you want for free.

They whisperin about us

Offline Darth Doomy-Doom

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2010, 09:46:44 PM »
You can't cross the lines though: it's only SW for SW and TF for TF.

But yeah, if you buy $25 in Star Wars, you get your choice of the helmet or lightsaber (unless supplies run out, in which case they give you whichever one is left.)

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2010, 03:22:03 AM »
I got this back from the Q & A team yesterday and I'm not quite sure where all this is coming from but they asked me to pass this along...

Hello Hasbro Fans,

We hope you had a great weekend!

Throughout the past year, the team at Hunter PR have grown to appreciate working with you all. From sending you samples of the latest toys, to figuring out contest prizes, to coordinating the Q&A – we have greatly enjoyed our conversations and banter about Hasbro and all of your wild enthusiasm. So let’s keep it up!

Although the Hasbro brand team also loves hearing about your fandom, the appropriate way to do is through Hunter PR – that is our job! We like talking to you guys and keeping the lines of communication between the online community and Hasbro open, so feel free to contact us anytime. You all have our email addresses, so if you want to chat Hasbro, feel free to shoot one of us here at Hunter PR an email – please do not contact any of Hasbro’s brand team members directly.

Of course, this goes for your forum/community members as well – they should not be contacting Hasbro’s brand team members directly. Please relay this message to them. Ideally, each site should have one point person (you), and that person should be in touch with the Hunter PR team when things come up. If a forum member wants to talk to Hasbro, please find out what the issue is and then send it our way.  Hunter PR continues to be the gatekeeper of any concern and our team will do its best to fulfill requests.

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2010, 06:33:45 AM »
ok...then please ask them why my new AT-AT has a warping issue on top of it's head by the handle please and if they have a replacement part for these 2 pieces.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 06:40:14 AM by Lt. Starfox »

Offline pshorrock72

• Premium
  • Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • AFA is a silly excuse to scalp!!!
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2010, 06:36:11 AM »
Fox, they used crappy plastic and thought you would be on your 10th walker by now!

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2011, 12:22:28 PM »
I got this today and all I can say is does the Q & A really BLOW this year!  I've already sent questions for the next round but it appears we're not getting the other questions back that we asked in the previous round:

Thank you for your continued participation in Hasbro's Star Wars Q&A program. Hasbro understands that you've been waiting patiently for your outlet's responses from the team for this last round of the Q&A dating back to September 16, and it's appreciated. Following Hasbro's fun and exciting debut at New York Comic Con this past weekend, which included a successful Hasbro Star Wars panel, the team has decided to forgo the current Q&A round and focus on the next round.

Hasbro apologizes for the last-minute notification and hopes that you'll submit questions for the next round.