Author Topic: Megacon Orlando 2016  (Read 995 times)

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
Megacon Orlando 2016
« on: May 29, 2016, 09:54:34 AM »
We have put together a photo gallery from Megacon in Orlando, FL and Dave will be posting his report from the mission!  Until then check out the photos from their adventure this weekend!
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline DarmanSkirata

• Premium
  • Junior Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • United We Find!
Re: Megacon Orlando 2016
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2016, 04:17:55 PM »
Hey Troops here is the report from this weekends event.

Megacon Orlando 2016

Megacon Orlando is under new management and you could tell by the size of the expansion this year.  For the first time we have four days for the convention.  We've had the biggest line up of guests this year and the dealer show room floor was massive.  This year the event was held in the West building (home of the next Star Wars Celebration) of the Orange County Convention Center.  It was great to see the expansion and gives great hope for next year's celebration event.
This year we had the full representation of Boba Fett, both Daniel Logan and Jeremy Bulloch were there.  And as usual both gentlemen were as excellent as every.  I have to give it to these guys, I've never seen these two not take time to spend with each fan or be so happy to meet with fans.  If you ever get the change add these two to your list, they will make it worth your while.  For the first time since Celebration 6, we had C3-P0 himself Anthony Daniels.  It was great to have this opportunity to see him again.  Anthony once again did a great job meeting with fans and taking time to talk with everyone.
We also had the awesome voice talent of James Arnold Taylor.  Let me tell you for me it's just not summer time in Florida without seeing James.  It was great to stop by and see him even though Disney Star Wars Weekends didn't happen this year.  Don't forget to send an email to the folks at Star Wars Celebration and tell them we want James back as the host.  In addition we had the voice of the Rebels Grand Inquisitor Jason Isaacs. 

For props, we had the Mandalorian Mercs, the Rebel Legion, and the 501st were out showing off all their great works and meeting with fans.  Roxy the Rancor was there plus a new addition from the Force Awakens, we had the 4 legged Luggabeast.  Fans had a chance to get there pictures as usual and there was a line all day for them.
Plus tons of other props from the Walking Dead and Batman.  One new addition this year was the cosplay alley, where you had a chance to meet professional cosplayers.

For the dealer floor, we had the latest wave of 6" series as well as vintage toys.  One new item I saw was the combat saber booth.  Here they make custom light sabers, and yes they look great.  Check these guys out if you get a chance, the certainly had a lot of attention.  I had a chance to see the Star Wars 3D hologram collectible series and you really need to see these in person.  I couldn't get over how well they looked, this will be something to add the future collection.  Again hopefully this will be a good indication of what's to come for next years Celebration.

Considering how prices for everything in life have gone up it seems that the event promotors wanted to give as much as they could for your admission price and they delivered.  The list of panels, the amount of celebrities, the size of the dealer room, and the amount of artists was excellent.  In fact I didn't get to any panels just due to the amount of time it took to walk the dealer/artist floor and get autographs.  In the past one day was enough but it's gotten big enough where it looks like you need 2 or more days to experience everything.  In fact they announced that Megacon is expanding to Tampa this year in October, can't wait to see what we have in store for that one.