Author Topic: 3 3/4" Marvel Universe? Who's in?  (Read 37064 times)

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
  • wampa's prefer eating rebels vs. imps, less armour
Re: 3 3/4" Marvel Universe? Who's in?
« Reply #210 on: October 26, 2012, 08:22:05 PM »
nice, i haven't even seen series one yet... BTW who the hell is Bag-Man?

I know he has something to do with the fantastic 4, but I don't really know either.
--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.

Offline curto

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #211 on: January 14, 2013, 04:38:54 PM »
Bag Man...or "Paper Bag Head Spider-Man"...is based on an issue where Spidey went to the Baxter building to get the black costume analyzed. The discovered it was a symbiote living off Peter Parker, and they removed it and locked it up.  When Peter had to get home, he borrowed an FF uniform and wore a paper bag over his head (and a "Kick Me!" sign he didn't know the Torch slapped onto his back) and went home.

Of course, the symbiote eventually escaped and eventually became Venom. Peter eventually wore a normal clothes black costume, as well as dozens of other suits.   

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #212 on: January 14, 2013, 08:39:36 PM »
Bag Man...or "Paper Bag Head Spider-Man"...is based on an issue where Spidey went to the Baxter building to get the black costume analyzed. The discovered it was a symbiote living off Peter Parker, and they removed it and locked it up.  When Peter had to get home, he borrowed an FF uniform and wore a paper bag over his head (and a "Kick Me!" sign he didn't know the Torch slapped onto his back) and went home.

Of course, the symbiote eventually escaped and eventually became Venom. Peter eventually wore a normal clothes black costume, as well as dozens of other suits.

Cool I had no idea this was spidey
--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #213 on: December 22, 2013, 07:54:13 PM »
Finally scored professor X today..... He's been hard to find and expensive online

Offline Bloodant

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +98/-0
  • If at 1st you don't succeed, skydiving isn't 4 you
« Reply #214 on: January 02, 2014, 06:33:08 PM »
Finally scored professor X today..... He's been hard to find and expensive online

Wheels? the one in the chair?
Wants
Feedback
My Blog
New Recruits
私は星戦争を愛する!

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #215 on: January 04, 2014, 01:06:56 AM »

Yup.

Offline Bloodant

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +98/-0
  • If at 1st you don't succeed, skydiving isn't 4 you
« Reply #216 on: January 04, 2014, 01:41:26 AM »

Yup.

Ah found and seen him many times. I only know of a few who collect these.
Wants
Feedback
My Blog
New Recruits
私は星戦争を愛する!

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #217 on: January 06, 2014, 08:18:01 PM »
I've seen the wave he is in many times, but only once was he not sold already

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #218 on: March 09, 2014, 03:43:55 PM »
Picked up blue abomination and mysterio today. Now if I could only find electra

Offline keyboard53

• Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +9/-0
« Reply #219 on: August 13, 2016, 04:30:26 PM »
Managed to get the complete second wave of the latest Marvel Legends line.

These showed up a my local Toys R Us but true to Hasbro's short-supply form, I wiped out ALL these new Legends figures today.

Get with it Hasbro!  Start making and distributing MORE figures!   :banghead:

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #220 on: August 17, 2016, 07:55:31 PM »
These 3 3/4" marvel figs have gotten so pricy that I only buy a select few out of a wave

Offline keyboard53

• Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +9/-0
« Reply #221 on: August 18, 2016, 07:35:25 AM »
Yea, these figures shot up by $5 to $7 depending on the big box store.

I had seen this wave in a comic book store and each figure was priced a $16.

When I saw them in my local TRU, and since they were $4 less than the comic book store price, I couldn't help myself. 

There are some really cool figures in this wave such as Living Laser and Gamora.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 07:37:23 AM by keyboard53 »

Offline keyboard53

• Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +9/-0
« Reply #222 on: August 27, 2016, 03:04:47 PM »
Just got back from my local TRU and managed to pick up the following in the "Legends" line:

Hydro Man
Marvel's Quasar
Marvel's Rogue
Morbius

The price was still $12.99 per figure and I left no new figures on the pegs since they were in such short supply (only 1 of each)!