3.75" Star Wars Figures, Vehicles, etc. > Episode I (1999-2000)

Unproduced ep1 and Commtech chip V2 figures

(1/3) > >>

gorkoracing:
Figured I would start up a thread for these since I just got my first and have found out that another complete set of them was just pieced together.  These were initially supposed to be made to extend the episode 1 line and potf2 commtech line but the idea was eventually scrapped.  These were pretty far along in production however which is why carded samples and so many different chips exist.  The chewbacca figure seems to have been the figure farthest along in the prod process.  I posted a pic of a complete set of the 8 different carded ones in another thread that I'll dig out but here's a pic courtesy of potf2 of the newest completed set i've seen. 

Edit:  I just heard of a 9th carded figure I'd never heard about before thanks to Robert over on behindthetoys.com, its a mockup of a classic obi-wan.

Carded samples can be found for the figures with and without the chips.
Lot of $$ on that table.

Here's a pic of another complete set with a lot of other preproduction material for all this commtech chip stuff including the next generation commtech chip reader that would have come with its own sound fx cartrige/chip

Here's the 2 different porkins mocked up

Vadersfist:
Those are pretty cool figs gork and thanks for posting them to check out.

jedibrian77:
Ya thanks for the pics

Bloodant:
We can call these the woulda, coulda, shoulda collection.

I wonder what else was scrapped? Any vehicles or accessories get canned as well?

gorkoracing:
ADDED INFO ABOUT A 9TH CARDED CTC v2 FIGURE IN MY FIRST POST!!

--- Quote from: Bloodant on April 02, 2008, 06:14:22 AM ---We can call these the woulda, coulda, shoulda collection.

I wonder what else was scrapped? Any vehicles or accessories get canned as well?

--- End quote ---

I havent heard of any vehicles or accessory sets (other than the ep1 trophy asssortment unreleases and the quigon vs battle droid and jarjar vs destroyer droid sets) that would have been with this line.  However there is a figure (and possibly more) that would have been in it but still remains unproduced.  The Holographic Nute Gunray would have been in this line.  There are loose chips for this figure and testshot prototypes of it as well that have surfaced.

Here's a pic from galactic hunter

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version