Author Topic: Brian's Toys  (Read 3134 times)

Offline AdenSolus

• New Recruit
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
Brian's Toys
« on: September 21, 2011, 04:54:01 PM »
Hey just wanted to put out a fair warning and see if anyone else has had issues with Brian's Toys. It seems that all the major Star Wars collecting sites that they all advertise for them. So I finally caved in and purchased two figures from them.

First issue was they had no problem with processing the payment and sent out the initial thanks for purchasing emails. I used the order number four days after my bank processed the amount and saw that the purchase was still pending.

Then I sent an email asking them for an updated tracking number and to cancel the order if it hadn't shipped yet. They had it picked up after they received my email the following day at 4:00pm. It physically shipped day 6 after I paid, day 8 or 9 after they received the order.

It took another 6 days to arrive here, which I can't fault them for however had I ordered from another retailer I could have had the stuff here already, for a couple bucks more and no hassle.

Lastly for now at least, I opened up the box and well does C 7/8 typically look like it got ran over? Oh yea and they just now let me know via small print at the bottom of the packing slip that they can't fulfill the rest of my order. The only reason I got the second figure was so I wasn't wasting money on shipping for one figure.

Long rant, lots of disappointment, no chance of repeat business. Hope you all have better luck.

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
Re: Brian's Toys
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 08:21:54 PM »
I will indeed forward this to Brian and hopefully there's something they can do.  I can honestly say this is the first time since I've been involved with Sandtroopers that I've had someone express not being satisfied with their order.  I've heard people complain about their prices but never the customer service.  Seeing as I'm rapidly approaching a decade of service with this site, I'm not looking at one order in the coarse of that time being all that bad if you can think about the way Toys R Us and many online retailers ship things.
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline AdenSolus

• New Recruit
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 04:27:42 PM »
So got an update, finally got in touch with a person on the phone rather then going back and fourth trying to resolve the issue via email. From what I got out of the conversation is I'm not the only one with an issue on receiving what the site and warehouse says is in stock. A heads up, some waves should be reading pre-order rather then in stock, so I'd call in prior to ordering. They did agree to a full refund including shipping which at least is what I asked for.

I still don't understand the lack of communication from purchase to shipping to waiting till the customer gets the order to let them know half of it is out of stock. I can't say I really like using online retailers in the first place, but I can at least be happy with the end solution. I hope no one else has to go through this song and dance to get their orders.

I wish I had some betters options but due to the lack of product my area and a particular person who raids what does come in to sell on ebay and to a local comic store for store credit, I'm kind of limited. I'm mostly an open display collector so I prefer the option of seeking out best paint applications, and I really miss the hunt of being able to hit all the stores in the area and come home with a decent haul. However this last year I have to travel about 40 miles to about 8 different locations in order to come home with anything...more often then not I come home empty handed.

Anyway, take what you will from my experience with them and I hope you all have better luck.

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 08:31:50 PM »
I'm sure if you call their customer service and speak with someone in charge with your order #, they will make it right.  The other two times I've had an issue (in 13 years), they have always taken care of someone who isn't happy. You have a right to be upset, but sometimes you have to go through the proper channels.
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.