Author Topic: eFx Sandtrooper Helemet  (Read 4519 times)

Offline odiewan

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +47/-0
  • Fight On!!!
    • The Jawa
eFx Sandtrooper Helemet
« on: November 21, 2010, 06:57:01 PM »
Per-order is up, here.

We are proud to announce a special version of our stormtrooper helmet!  The weathered helmet of the Imperial Sandtroopers!  This helmet is limited to only 1000 pieces worldwide.  THERE IS NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED TO PLACE YOUR PRE-ORDER FOR THIS HELMET!

- US$169 Plus Shipping & Handling, CA State Sales Tax if applicable
- Shipment anticipated for January, 2011
- Based on an original helmet in the Lucasfilm archives
- As seen worn by the Sandtroopers on Tatooine in Episode IV: A New Hope
- Worldwide Edition Size: 1000 pieces
- Quality ABS construction
- Full scale replica
- Numbered Certificate of Authenticity

Stormtroopers are one of the most recognized symbols of Palpatine's mighty Imperial forces. Legions of troops occupied worlds throughout the galaxy, from the vacuum of space to the frigid ice planet Hoth to the desert climate of Tatooine. The Empire trained specialized units equipped to withstand the many diverse climates of the known universe, all to maintain tyrannical order throught the galaxy.

Sandtroopers were specialized stormtroopers deployed to Tatooine in search of droids C-3PO and R2-D2. Their armor, although visually similar to standard Imperial stormtroopers, had an advanced cooling system in both helmet and suit, necessary for such a harsh climate. With helmets only slighly different in markings, Sandtroopers are most notably distinguished by their shoulder pauldrons, with different colors denoting rank.

Wants  -  Trade  -  Feedback

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
Re: eFx Sandtrooper Helemet
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 06:13:52 AM »
are these helmets any good?  accepted by 501st?

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

Offline Dark Clone

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +6/-0
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 12:57:37 PM »
I pre-ordered one just to have it. It's the lowest priced item that they have so for. Seems like a good deal.

Offline Boba Binks

• VIP
  • Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +12/-0
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo.
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2010, 02:53:16 PM »
Thee helmets can be accepted by the 501st. Many garrisons will accept them as is but like my garrison will not accept it unless it is modified to be more accurate. They do make good display pieces.
<br />Boba Binks - The most feared Bounty  Hunter on Naboo.<br /><br />View my Sandtroopers.com <a href=\\\\\\\"http://djsyczylo.net/sandtroopers/STPortfolio.htm\\\\\\\" target=\\\\\\\"_blank\\\\\\\">Portfolio</a>.

Offline odiewan

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +47/-0
  • Fight On!!!
    • The Jawa
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 07:51:43 PM »
Thee helmets can be accepted by the 501st. Many garrisons will accept them as is but like my garrison will not accept it unless it is modified to be more accurate. They do make good display pieces.

Wow, more movie accurate?  I thought eFx drove to make screen accurate replicas.
Wants  -  Trade  -  Feedback

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 01:16:43 PM »

Wow, more movie accurate?  I thought eFx drove to make screen accurate replicas.

what changes need to be made?

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2010, 01:21:34 PM »
I'm not sure, but you'll fo sho wanna put some vents into your cheekbone area, and put two fans inverted (or blowing OUTward) inside that sucker.  I wish they had a lighter battery than a 9 volt, mine has 3 and the bucket does get heavy on your neck after a while.  :-\   I WONDER how much lighter this thing is? For that kind of money, IT might be worth finding out and it's a little more accurate than my F/X bucket.
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline Boba Binks

• VIP
  • Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +12/-0
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2010, 12:41:07 PM »
These helmets are made after the stunt helmets and not the hero helmets.

Many garrisons will tell you to fill in the seam lines on the front (it is not accurate at all), add correct cheek decals (or paint), add the ear screws, replace the mic tips for more accurate ones, replace the lens to the proper color(s) and repaint the thing to match your armor if you are going to use the helmet.

Then of course add in your fans, ect.
<br />Boba Binks - The most feared Bounty  Hunter on Naboo.<br /><br />View my Sandtroopers.com <a href=\\\\\\\"http://djsyczylo.net/sandtroopers/STPortfolio.htm\\\\\\\" target=\\\\\\\"_blank\\\\\\\">Portfolio</a>.

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2010, 01:46:12 PM »
that sounds like a lot of extra stuff....was the Master Replicas one from a few years back more accurate?

Offline Boba Binks

• VIP
  • Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +12/-0
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2011, 08:02:44 PM »
Not sure about the MRs. I never had the nice one, only the casted ones (same mold as eFX is using).

Here is the new Sandtrooper helmet  http://www.sandtroopers.com/sandwatch/eFX/props/pcr_td/

Offline Dreaded866

• New Recruit
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • United We Find!
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2011, 12:05:15 PM »
I have one and I like it. I still need to do some extra upgrades and a little extra weathering.