Author Topic: Next HUGE vehicle/ship....  (Read 11044 times)

Offline Bloodant

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +98/-0
  • If at 1st you don't succeed, skydiving isn't 4 you
Next HUGE vehicle/ship....
« on: July 31, 2010, 07:22:34 AM »
Ok now that the ATAT is out, what is the next HUGE SHIP or VEHICLE do you think will come out? and what do wish would come out?

So Far we have gotten the BMF, ATAT, ATTE and Turbo Tank, not sure if the new ATST counts, but anyways...what's next?

I would love to see a Sail barge for Jabba the Hut.

But I think they may redo the Imperial shuttle, which is my guess. They have been redoing some old ships for the OTC.

What do you all think?
Wants
Feedback
My Blog
New Recruits
私は星戦争を愛する!

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
  • Pull your skirt back down, grow a set man
    • starwarsgeek.net
Re: Next HUGE vehicle/ship....
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 07:31:48 AM »
Well, the Slave-1 is next, if that counts. Maybe not as big as the AT-AT or the AT-TE, but bigger than the original.

Next up for "BIG" vehicle? I would say they will go back to the Clone Wars and create something new. If I'm not mistaken it's been a pattern of OT, PT, OT, PT, etc and since the AT-AT is current, next would be PT.

Yo I'm sittin on top of the- It's more than a feeling ain't it?
I be killin damn it, I'm illin and I'm illin'
Eh eh eh meet Mr. Popular, Go get your binoculars
And see Penthouse 3 where a ni**a be
They whisperin about us
I know you haters doubt us
How you count our money we ain't even finish countin'
Pardon me I must say, I'm kinda like a big deal...

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
  • wampa's prefer eating rebels vs. imps, less armour
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 08:37:22 AM »
The top 3 , in order, on my want list for big vehicles is jabbas sail barge, the twilight, and the nu class attack shuttle.  I'd also like to see  the shuttle from ROTS that palpatine rode in, a stardestroyer bridge set, a deathstar play set, and the tantive IV ship or playset.... (ok so these last 3 need to be scaled down, but they could be done reasonably well.... with key areas for key scenes, like the Tantive just need 4 key areas: the hallway with entrance hatch(ANH), the hallway with escape pod where leia gets stunned(ANH), the cockpit area (ROTS) and the conference table area (ROTS).   I mean a scaled down tantive IV only needs to be a bit longer than the big  AT-AT to fit all of these rooms... even though realistically it's a much bigger ship.....
--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.

Offline Major fett

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +52/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 01:18:50 PM »
While I don't have the space for these BIG Vehicles I would definitely like to see the Nu Class Republic Attack Shuttle, Rogue Shadow (same size as BMF), Theta Class Shuttle(Palpatine's ride), those three would probably fall into that category to be done right IMO. Sail Barge IMO would have to be very big to be done right so I feel t his wouldn't be done, Star Destroyer or Death Star probably not as well. Tantive IV is just too boring IMO, it's a pivotal ship in two movies but it doesn't physically do anything remarkable. The Ebon Hawk comes to mind but I see it only as big as the OTC Falcon.
You'll soon realize I am the last of the Jedi, And your time has come to an end!

TAC Coins Needed
3, 9, 11, 34, 51, 52, 54.

Offline Bloodant

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +98/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 05:09:58 PM »
I forgot to add Queen Amida's ship from TPM, that was a nice big ship as well.
Wants
Feedback
My Blog
New Recruits
私は星戦争を愛する!

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2010, 09:04:34 PM »
I forgot to add Queen Amida's ship from TPM, that was a nice big ship as well.

I've got that one
--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.

Offline Uncle George

• VIP
  • Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
    • All About Nikon
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2010, 01:25:58 PM »
I second Jabba's Sail Barge. This is a classic and as far as I remember, there has been interest on this toy since Sand Troopers.com was founded. I can not say I wont jump into the new AT-AT wagon, just waiting after the holidays for a lower price. But the Sail Barge would be something I'd want PRONTO!

Offline Darth Zombius

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +8/-0
  • Four Horseman!! Awww Yeah!!
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2010, 10:27:25 AM »
I would so wait in line for the Barge! I still would love to see a scaled down Star Destroyer.
"Oh, yes. Wormheads. Twin tendrils off head. Females much yum-yum."
―Vilmarh Grahr

Offline SithCommander

• Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +1/-0
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2010, 12:06:09 PM »
Would definitely but the scaled down star destroyer if it actually comes out ;D

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2010, 12:08:13 PM »
It appears they are cranking out more of the BMF at Toys R Us.  SO they couldn't have sold that bad if they decided it might be profitable to make another run.  :)
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline jedibrian77

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2010, 01:00:01 PM »
A scaled down star destoryer or republic assault ship would be great
"With an army of these, who could defeat us? No one!." -KOTOR 2

Feedback

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2010, 01:08:31 PM »
Well I don't know if this qualifies as huge, maybe they are mid size vehicles( how did the  CW Y-wing do anyways?) but After the sail barge.... I want the emporers shuttle from ROTS and the attack shuttle from clone wars...... and for small ships how about dooku's solar sailor  already!!!

Offline Jaing Skirata

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • Keldabe kiss anyone?
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2010, 04:40:23 PM »
Star Destroyer or Mon Cal Cruiser.
Personell Officer Mandalorian Mercs Costuming Club
www.mandalorianmercs.com
myspace.com/jaingskirata
http://mercs.firespray.net/wiki/index.php?title=A%27den_Skirata

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2010, 05:24:09 PM »

It would never happen but I'd love to have the mon calamari cruiser Home One ..... Scaled down of course but with a conference room and a bridge at least.

Offline Darth Zombius

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +8/-0
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2010, 05:37:05 PM »

It would never happen but I'd love to have the mon calamari cruiser Home One ..... Scaled down of course but with a conference room and a bridge at least.

Heck yeah!! I like that too... Ackbar needs his ride! As long as it has the "It's a Trap" Button i'm IN!
―Vilmarh Grahr

Offline Bloodant

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +98/-0
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2010, 05:58:12 PM »
I love capital ships, but those would be a room filling investment to purchase one of them, because I would really love one of these...................

« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 05:59:01 PM by Bloodant »
Wants
Feedback
My Blog
New Recruits
私は星戦争を愛する!

Offline Darth Zombius

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +8/-0
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2010, 09:44:05 AM »
Can you imagine the size of that thing with a BMF docked to it!!  ;D ;D
―Vilmarh Grahr

Offline Napseeker

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2010, 07:15:24 PM »
My own wishlist is: 1. Sail barge, 2. Tantive IV, and 3. Star Destroyer (go big or go home-one!)

Offline zedhatch

• Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2010, 10:34:23 PM »
I said in my AT-AT review that I am hard pressed to find anything so iconic that can fill that spot next year.  It just seems anything they try will fall short.  Just my opinion at this point. 
http://www.zedsjoesite.com/ home of my webcomic Scale Wars, starring SW, Iron man, Marvel, DC, GI Joe and more.

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2010, 12:29:14 AM »
I actually DON'T want them to put anything else out TILL I have the cash to GET the NEW AT-AT. I NEED 1 but right now cash isn't that good so I say hell no to anything of a big vehicle right now till I can get a AT-AT.
Transformers,...Robots in disguise!
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2010, 11:25:48 AM »
My own wishlist is: 1. Sail barge, 2. Tantive IV, and 3. Star Destroyer (go big or go home-one!)

yeah the tantive IV is long overdue.... It's been in 2 movies and the clonewars

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2010, 12:08:55 PM »
They could put more time, tooling and funds into this if they'd quit putting bulls**t on the shelves nobody wants.  There's always some type of subline that has good intentions as far as toys go but suck in terms of collectibles AND more important to them SALES.
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2010, 01:11:28 PM »
Yeah if they would limit the lines on the shelves to 3 3/4 figs, galactic heroes, and of course limited role-play items (lightsabers, guns, helmets) Then they could focus on some of these bigger ships.... 

cuyvaldar

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2010, 12:00:19 AM »

yeah the tantive IV is long overdue.... It's been in 2 movies and the clonewars

I agree, on both points. This sob needs a toy made of it.

Offline CHEWIE34

• S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +2/-0
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2010, 01:36:35 PM »
My number one wish would be the Sail Barge... but a Tantive IV, if given $100-$150 treatment could be awesome too.

;)

Offline scalperhunter1

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2010, 07:14:09 PM »
My number one wish would be the Sail Barge... but a Tantive IV, if given $100-$150 treatment could be awesome too.

;)

How about a price of $75.00 tops. I bought my BMF at wally world on sale for $75.00 and the AT-TE at toys aint us for $50.00. Half price for both. I don't know how much profit was made at these prices but I know that neither was sold for or under cost. To me the fact that these stores can sell them for half price just shows how much we are being ripped off in the first place. I would love to have the new AT-AT and the Slave 1 but I, like many others, can't afford to fork out $200.00 on toys. Give them a reasonable price point and I think a lot more of these will be sold.
The new Hoth cannon set is $40.00 at Target . Is there really that much more to this item than the Starfighters, Tie Fighter and Snow Speeder that sell for $25.00?
Back to the topic at hand, I would like to see all of the Ships listed by my fellow troopers and I agree with what the prices would probably be. But if they are more affordable, as I said a minute ago, I believe the retailers will make up the money with volume.
Light side, dark side, light side, dark side, light side, dark side. So many choices, so little time.

Jedimom

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2010, 02:59:26 AM »
Star Destroyer (my kid would say Eclipse-class Star Destroyer ;) )

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2010, 06:17:22 PM »

This was the question asked of hasbro over at 16 bit :

Big vehicles have been something you guys have really been cranking out lately.? In 2008, we got a giant Millennium Falcon and an AT-TE.? In 2009, we got a new Y-Wing Bomber as well as the Turbo Tank.? In 2010, there's a new Slave I and an AT-AT.?? You can probably guess where this is going-- does Hasbro have plans to reveal another big-ticket ($75+) exclusive and/or non-exclusive vehicle in 2011??? (And because it's our webmaster's birthday this week, he wants to know if he can weasel out of you if the ship may be Rebel, Imperial, Bounty Hunter, or Clone related.)

Hasbro: Yes, there will be one new ship next year, and it will be less than $99.99 - that we have been focused on. It will be Clone Wars related, and that's all we'll say until Toy Fair. Happy Birthday, webmaster!

So we now know that we are getting a  big clone wars ship next for 2011..... Hmmm that makes me think either the twilight or the attack shuttle..... the shuttle seems more likely having been seen in more episodes, but the twilight is more Iconic being Anakins ship and all..... What do you troopers think?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 02:22:13 PM by darthdan »

Offline Darth Zombius

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +8/-0
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2010, 09:25:47 AM »
Hmmm... Attack Shuttle is my vote. I recall Hasbro using the term "AGGRESSIVE" so that would be hitting the nail on the head.

I kind of like the Twilight.. Then I saw that movie about sparkly vampire like wussies, and it makes me cringe. :)
―Vilmarh Grahr

cuyvaldar

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2010, 11:21:36 AM »
Hmmm... Attack Shuttle is my vote. I recall Hasbro using the term "AGGRESSIVE" so that would be hitting the nail on the head.

I kind of like the Twilight.. Then I saw that movie about METROSEXUAL WUSSIE VAMPIRE PUSSIES, and it makes me cringe. :)

Fixed that for ya Mike