Author Topic: Displaying FX/EFX Sabers  (Read 2372 times)

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
  • What's so wrong about wanting power converters?
Displaying FX/EFX Sabers
« on: May 21, 2010, 12:45:19 PM »
I know there are plenty of places out there that sell stands for these sabers to sit vertically in, but does anyone know of a way to display them horizontally that doesn't involve just using some ugly old hooks screwed into the wall?

:) SUPPORT JEFFERSON'S JEDI! :)

MY FEEDBACK
thejawa.com - Scavenging the Collectibles Galaxy!

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
Re: Displaying FX/EFX Sabers
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 01:27:03 PM »
the FX saber stands that come with the sabers have holes in the back for hanging.  I just put 2 screws in the wall and "hang" the stand with that and set the saber on top

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

Offline fishboy_254

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +112/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 01:56:47 PM »
I had an old fishing rod rack that hung from the ceiling in the garage.  You could probably use something like that to hang them horizontally.  I too use the stands that came with the FX sabers, but due to freaking about warpage, I know have them hung vertically with the aforementioned saber stands.  Or you could just build your own saber rack!
Needed: 
             Saga Gold Boba Fett

MR FX Mace Saber
             MR FX Kenobi Saber ROTS
             Hasbro Maul FX - double blade
             Hasbro Kenobi FX - Ep I
             Hasbro Dooku FX

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
  • What's so wrong about wanting power converters?
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 09:03:44 PM »
the FX saber stands that come with the sabers have holes in the back for hanging.  I just put 2 screws in the wall and "hang" the stand with that and set the saber on top

I never noticed. And it's completely secure on the stand? I'm actually asking for my boss because her husband just bought himself his first saber and wanted to display it horizontally.

I'll pass that info along to her. Thanks!

:) SUPPORT JEFFERSON'S JEDI! :)

MY FEEDBACK
thejawa.com - Scavenging the Collectibles Galaxy!

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 07:07:11 AM »
I have had 5 of mine on the wall and they are secure, just use a good size screw head to fit in the slot.  The do tend to look like the may droop or warp after a while so I turn mine evry other month or so.  I would like to find a way to hang vertically like a pool cue holder or something eventually

Offline scalperhunter1

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 07:38:31 PM »
I have had 5 of mine on the wall and they are secure, just use a good size screw head to fit in the slot.  The do tend to look like the may droop or warp after a while so I turn mine evry other month or so.  I would like to find a way to hang vertically like a pool cue holder or something eventually

Go back and check my collection photos Dave. I use a broom holder to hang them vertically and it works like a charm.
Just got them back up this weekend.
I too found that the FX plastic stands tend to droop a little and the back "may" warp over time. If you put the stand on a table, shelf etc. they are very sturdy.
Light side, dark side, light side, dark side, light side, dark side. So many choices, so little time.

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 06:24:03 AM »
i tried a broom holder but it didn't want to hold them, they kept sliding through......show some updated pics Ron