Author Topic: Walmart AT-ST  (Read 23207 times)

Offline dustrho

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +84/-0
  • S.C.A.L.P. Weapons Supplier
    • dustrho on Twitter
Re: Walmart AT-ST
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2009, 12:58:35 PM »
I was at Walmart this morning and they didn't have these. Nothing new.

Offline sithmasterc

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2009, 05:01:09 PM »
Looking at the comparison shots of the new AT-ST and the previous version,I am going to pick this one up at some point.Our Walmart had tons of these.I plan to make the previous AT-ST a patrol walker.

Offline pshorrock72

• Premium
  • Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • AFA is a silly excuse to scalp!!!
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2009, 06:19:35 PM »
I guess in star wars lore a single seater could be the predecessor to the two seater.. If you have ever play star wars battlegrounds - there is a single seater before being upgraded to the up armored scout.. so anything is plausible ... I am sure there has to be a true evolutional line of scout vehicles.. AT-RT, AT-PT, light scout (single seater), heavy scout (2 seater).. that works for me!!!

Offline sithmasterc

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2009, 06:59:46 PM »
The AT-PT was in the Rogue Squadron as well.

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
  • wampa's prefer eating rebels vs. imps, less armour
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2009, 11:02:05 PM »
Couldn't resist picked up a second one today
--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.

Offline Uncle George

• VIP
  • Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
    • All About Nikon
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2009, 08:25:07 AM »
George, if you need one - I can work out a deal with you and ship one out. Please send me a message if you need one.. I can hold one for you.. I will sell for cost plus shipping with flat rate box (USPS). If you want loose.. you will have a smaller box and well packed.

I was out for a few days, thanks a lot for your willingness to help, what Sandtroopers is all about!

I found them yesterday in the one and only WM that brought the Octuptarra Droid and so far in my nearby stores they are still the only one store carrying them since they were introduced how long? 2 months ago? more? Max Reebo Band sets were waaaaay back then also available in random stores  ???

Anyhoo, as darthdan, I couldn't resist and picked a second one. In my humble opinion, this is a great improvement over the old toy starting with two seats, double opening hatch, opening viewport shield, interchangable missile cannons, roof railings (nice touch) and overall better figure to vehicle scale ratio. Speaking of figure, I felt that I got a 2001 POTJ figure with it. Articulation is very poor, at least I would have loved to have at least knee articulation.

I look at this new toys as small props/replicas and this AT-ST is a good example of what Hasbro can deliver when they want to. Some might argue this, that's OK. I recently handled the Limited Edition Code 3 AT-ST and this toy from Hasbro doesn't have that much to envy a real limited edition counterpart in terms of details per scale. I have opened and disassembled one of them (new Hasbro toy). Interiors details are gone including stickers. Will be adding more details and weatherize the interior. Waiting to prime the outer shell maybe today and waiting for my airbrush to get back from the repair shop.

I wouldn't pass on the BMF because I had a few versions of the old mold, would you? Even if I had a ship yard of the old AT-ST, I wouldn't pass on this one even at $43.88 + tax in my area.

Code 3 version
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 08:26:59 AM by Uncle George »

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2009, 09:42:51 AM »
Here's a quick question, could you recreate Chewie and the Ewoks in the cockpit?  I still don't have one yet.  :'(
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2009, 02:10:56 PM »
Here's a quick question, could you recreate Chewie and the Ewoks in the cockpit?  I still don't have one yet.  :'(

I think you could although we don't have the actual at-st hijacker ewoks yet..... but using other ewoks you could.
--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.

Offline Uncle George

• VIP
  • Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
    • All About Nikon
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2009, 06:36:21 PM »
Notice something familiar here?

Same dog, different collar  ;)

Cheers!

Offline pshorrock72

• Premium
  • Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2009, 09:57:25 PM »
ok.. i am pissed.. Out of the 6 scout walkers I purchased.. 2 have leg joints that are cracked - right out of the box and 5 out of 6 drivers have frozen arm joints that will snap off if moved.. like 2 that have already suffered that fate.. WTF!!!! Where is the quality control????

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2009, 11:20:11 PM »
Sounds like a question for Hasbro, maybe even with detailed photos?
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline Trooper JerTej

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +48/-0
  • Dang! Ewoks can't survive s@#t!!
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2009, 10:53:13 AM »
Dang Pete, You sir are definitely someone I woould listen to, 6 ATSTs!! You sir keep Hasblo in business.
Holy Smokes!!! Did you see that freakin Ewok's head come apart?

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2009, 06:20:56 PM »
Sometimes I feel like that I am keeping Hasbro and Mattel in business. I guess they are on the monthly payroll. lol

You sir keep Hasblo in business.
Transformers,...Robots in disguise!
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline pshorrock72

• Premium
  • Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2009, 06:00:47 AM »
here is a pic of a broken leg loop, attempted to glue with epoxy - did not hold. will have to go with something stronger. have to be careful to not use the glue that gives off a vapor or it will discolor the plastic.. yellowing or white cloudy appearance.

Offline Incom

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +4/-0
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2009, 07:51:21 AM »
Notice something familiar here?

Same dog, different collar  ;)

Cheers!

Yeah, typical. If they're gonna use existing figures, why not a DS Gunner's legs and arms and this guy's torso?

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2009, 09:04:26 AM »
And you don't return these defective products to walmart right away and demand your money back..... because?  Remember you are the consumer, you have certain rights.....

Offline CommanderNaruto

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +30/-0
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2009, 04:14:36 PM »
ARGH!! MUST .... GET... AT-ST!
Datteybayo!

Offline pshorrock72

• Premium
  • Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2009, 12:25:09 AM »
well, several weeks have gone by since the repairs have been excuted.. well..krazy glue gel worked the best ,, not rebreaks or stress fractures from the legs while being moved.. I believe the legs broke from being on too tight in the first place.. anyhoo.. how about them atst drivers with the sticky limbs??? anybody else have problems with these???

Offline TheBarve

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2009, 03:22:15 PM »
mine is workinf fine so far. No problems with the driver or AT-ST. Is the damage noticable before you open them? That way anybody who hasen't bought one yet knows what to look for.
"What makes a man a man? A friend of mine once wondered. Is it his origins? The way he comes to life? I don't think so. It's the choices he makes. Not how he starts things, but how he decides to end them."
-John Meyers (HELLBOY)

Offline pshorrock72

• Premium
  • Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2009, 11:22:46 PM »
Barve, the damage is not visible from the front or back.. it was only noticeable whe the legs are moved for the first time.. like there is no locking in positiom.. with further inspection.. a separation while the legs are moving..

Offline TheBarve

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2009, 05:04:45 AM »
Barve, the damage is not visible from the front or back.. it was only noticeable whe the legs are moved for the first time.. like there is no locking in positiom.. with further inspection.. a separation while the legs are moving..

I guess I will keep mine in one posistion and hope it doesn't turn out to be a broken one. It's a shame there is no way to tell before you open it up and start playing with it. I feel sorry for the poor kid who gets one of those bad ones on Christmas.
"What makes a man a man? A friend of mine once wondered. Is it his origins? The way he comes to life? I don't think so. It's the choices he makes. Not how he starts things, but how he decides to end them."
-John Meyers (HELLBOY)

Offline JediMCor

• Premium
  • Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +3/-0
  • I'm with Force!
« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2010, 02:58:16 PM »
Does anybody's Walmart have these scout walkers on clearance still. My area Walmarts don't have them anymore and I like to get one cheepo clearance.

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2010, 06:12:41 PM »
the few down here in Killeen are still full price

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2010, 08:15:21 PM »
My good buddy Scalperhunter1 just mailed a package for "Richard Cranium" to my house that had one of these in it!  :D  Gotta love Ron!

Offline pshorrock72

• Premium
  • Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2010, 08:15:28 PM »
looks like all ww in ma are still at full price..

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2010, 10:33:31 AM »
"Richard Cranium"   :D  Gotta love Ron!

now that's funny stuff there !

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

Offline fishboy_254

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +112/-0
« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2010, 04:03:15 PM »
the Octopura droids are on clearance here for $17.50 but the AT-ST's are still full price...after all they have only been out on the shelves at my local walmart for a couple weeks.
Needed: 
             Saga Gold Boba Fett

MR FX Mace Saber
             MR FX Kenobi Saber ROTS
             Hasbro Maul FX - double blade
             Hasbro Kenobi FX - Ep I
             Hasbro Dooku FX

Offline sithmasterc

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2010, 12:13:51 PM »
The Walmarts in my area(only one didn't)had the AT-ST on clearance for 22 bucks this morning,finally.I grabbed one of them.They had SkyWarp for 30 bucks.

cuyvaldar

« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2010, 12:35:08 PM »
The Walmarts in my area(only one didn't)had the AT-ST on clearance for 22 bucks this morning,finally.I grabbed one of them.They had SkyWarp for 30 bucks.

Im heading out too mine today. To scope one out for jokabofe and myself.

Here's hoping they are there and on clearance.

Offline sithmasterc

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2010, 06:02:27 PM »
I took this SOB out of the box.Man,this thing is amazing.Very movie accaurate.Well,the AT-ST Uncle George crafted was more movie accaurate but you know what I mean. ;D
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 08:26:10 PM by sithmasterc »