Author Topic: build a droid discussion  (Read 6631 times)

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
  • wampa's prefer eating rebels vs. imps, less armour
build a droid discussion
« on: March 26, 2009, 08:43:30 AM »
2 new build a droid were confirmed  in QnA by hasbro at swa news: R3A2 and R4-P44

check out the links for info on these guys:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/R3-A2

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/R4-P44
--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
  • Pull your skirt back down, grow a set man
    • starwarsgeek.net
Re: build a droid discussion
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 09:45:05 AM »
Yay, more repainted Droids.

At first, I loved this idea of the BAD, but now... I don't know, I'm getting sick of all these silly different colored droids.

Yo I'm sittin on top of the- It's more than a feeling ain't it?
I be killin damn it, I'm illin and I'm illin'
Eh eh eh meet Mr. Popular, Go get your binoculars
And see Penthouse 3 where a ni**a be
They whisperin about us
I know you haters doubt us
How you count our money we ain't even finish countin'
Pardon me I must say, I'm kinda like a big deal...

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 09:53:26 AM »
Yay, more repainted Droids.

At first, I loved this idea of the BAD, but now... I don't know, I'm getting sick of all these silly different colored droids.

yeah at least give us some that are more desired by fans.
--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.

Offline yodanut70

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +9/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 03:29:42 PM »
2 new build a droid were confirmed  in QnA by hasbro at swa news: R3A2 and R4-P44

Thanks for the links,  DD!   I was wondering who those characters were.    I'm looking forward to R3-A2 only because I like the clear plastic dome astromechs.

Offline jacensolo66

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +82/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 08:16:56 PM »
i dont mind repainted astromechs cause i like astromechs but how about some new ones? r3-a2 has already been done.

Offline Darth Doomy-Doom

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 08:22:53 PM »
That strikes me as a little odd, that they would make R3-A2, when it's already been done.  Why not some other R3?  Still, the clear dome can make any other BAD an R3, so whatever.

Offline yodanut70

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +9/-0
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2009, 09:59:09 PM »

Oh...I didn't know they made that one already.     Was that the one in the TRU 4 pack that came out with the Tauntaun guts?

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
  • Pull your skirt back down, grow a set man
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2009, 10:23:29 PM »
I think it was in the Entertainment Earth droid pack if I'm not mistaken...

Yo I'm sittin on top of the- It's more than a feeling ain't it?
I be killin damn it, I'm illin and I'm illin'
Eh eh eh meet Mr. Popular, Go get your binoculars
And see Penthouse 3 where a ni**a be
They whisperin about us
I know you haters doubt us
How you count our money we ain't even finish countin'
Pardon me I must say, I'm kinda like a big deal...

Offline jacensolo66

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +82/-0
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2009, 10:27:52 PM »
he is in the hoth 4-pack with the tauntaun guts.

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2009, 08:28:55 AM »
I think it started out like anything with good intention. It's just too bad Hasbro has found a way to bastardize it and really go out of the way to make it NOT so special by eliminating the Greatest Hits and incorporating it over into the BD line. That only means we're getting horseshit repack figures in with the rare occasions when they deliver a solid wave.  ::)
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline yodanut70

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +9/-0
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2009, 11:27:07 AM »
I think it started out like anything with good intention. It's just too bad Hasbro has found a way to bastardize it and really go out of the way to make it NOT so special by eliminating the Greatest Hits and incorporating it over into the BD line. That only means we're getting horseshit repack figures in with the rare occasions when they deliver a solid wave.  ::)

I don't feel as strongly as you do but I have to agree that most of this year's figures are not exciting to say the least.    I'm only looking forward to the Ugnaughts and curious to see what aliens go into the ROTJ and ANH waves.     Using a repack as BAD figure is a very bad idea since that's what makes most collectors buy the entire wave.    Who knows what their thought process is...the only advantage to their poor decisions is that it's making this line much less exciting and easier to break free from.   

cuyvaldar

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2009, 01:50:52 PM »

Thanks for the links,  DD!   I was wondering who those characters were.    I'm looking forward to R3-A2 only because I like the clear plastic dome astromechs.

Im excited for the clear plastic domed one as well. Shame hasbro will totally screw it up.

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2009, 01:57:43 PM »

Oh...I didn't know they made that one already.     Was that the one in the TRU 4 pack that came out with the Tauntaun guts?

I was wondering that myself.... anyone know for sure?

Offline Darth Doomy-Doom

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2009, 02:23:35 PM »

That's where I got mine...so yeah, I know for sure.

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2009, 02:26:40 PM »

yes, R3-A2

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2009, 03:11:13 PM »
thankyou DDD and starfox, well that settles it then, they are redoing one of the build a droids, that frakkin sucks............ Well no need to buy every figure in that wave I guess.   Guess I'll only worry about building R4-p44

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2009, 03:16:08 PM »
okay now they are also saying R3-01, which makes me wonder if r3-a2 isn't a mistake....

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/R3-O1

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2009, 12:42:53 AM »
I'd just love to have that Tautaun and well the droid from that set that foxy posted.
Transformers,...Robots in disguise!
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2009, 08:48:06 AM »
I'd just love to have that Tautaun and well the droid from that set that foxy posted.

if no troopers have them for sale, you can find them on ebay every once in a while for around $10 if you are lucky

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

Offline babyjawa

• New Recruit
  • Trade Feedback +1/-0
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2009, 10:18:23 AM »
I'd love this build a droid a lot more if I didn't have to buy the whole wave to complete a figure..  :-\  I don't have that kind of money, but thats why hasbro did it. That way you have to buy more. :P

I'm really excited about HK-47 though. I don't even care if I have to buy some useless figures to get it.

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2009, 04:00:51 PM »
Yeah but foxy I hate evil bay since they always end up screwing ya in the long run on something. I've been with evil bay for awhile and no intentions of EVER going back. Bad sales and fraud really told me to stay away.

if no troopers have them for sale, you can find them on ebay every once in a while for around $10 if you are lucky
Transformers,...Robots in disguise!
My Collection
My Feedback

cuyvaldar

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2009, 08:06:55 PM »
I'd love this build a droid a lot more if I didn't have to buy the whole wave to complete a figure..  :-\  I don't have that kind of money, but thats why hasbro did it. That way you have to buy more. :P

I'm really excited about HK-47 though. I don't even care if I have to buy some useless figures to get it.

I agree b-jawa.....hk-47 is one step closer to having a complete set of kotor figs.

Offline imadoofus

• Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • The Force is strong with this one. ...or not.
    • KidBlog
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2011, 08:58:22 AM »
I really like the Buld A Droid series. The problem? I have no money and have never bought an action figure in my life. I guess I could just go to Toys R Us, but I am only 11, and it's not like I have much spare time.  :-\ Alright, I try not to spend my whole day on the computer, but give me a break.

I really like the different colored astrodroids, because it's exciting to see the new color schemes and I can only dream of making my own. But now, with a summer job, it could be possible.

DROIDS FOREVER!

Sorry. Sometimes that just sorta happens, y'know?   ::)
Life is like a fast food restaurant: Everything's bad for you and the drive-thru people never get your order right anyways.