Author Topic: eFX - Ask Amy  (Read 8767 times)

Offline eFXAmy

• Junior Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
eFX - Ask Amy
« on: December 06, 2008, 01:21:57 PM »
Hi Everyone!

My name is Amy Blanchard and I am the Customer Service Manager at eFX.  I thought I would start a thread where everyone can ask questions about eFX or our products.  I will be in often to check and see if I can help you with anything.

I look forward to getting to know all of you and assisting you with anything eFX related. :)

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
Re: eFX - Ask Amy
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 01:25:43 PM »
Let me be the first to welcome you to our community. You'll find a variety of collectors that I'm sure would be interested in your products. Welcome to the Sandtroopers / theJawa community forums!  :td: :td: :td:
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline eFXAmy

• Junior Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 01:30:25 PM »
Thank you for the nice welcome Darth!  I am very excited to be here and am looking forward to being a part of the Sandtroopers community.

Let me be the first to welcome you to our community. You'll find a variety of collectors that I'm sure would be interested in your products. Welcome to the Sandtroopers / theJawa community forums!  :td: :td: :td:

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 04:41:10 PM »
glad to see you join our family Amy !  when do we get to see the exclusive Proto eFx X-Wing?

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

Offline Coleman Trebor

• S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +8/-0
  • You ain't much if you ain't Dutch
    • www.gator.nl
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 05:45:51 PM »
Welcome to the Troops! Grab a blaster and join the frontline!
The one and only Dirty Dutchman!!!!

Offline jkno

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • My collection
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2008, 09:10:27 AM »
Welcome Amy, you maybe remember me from Rebelscum Forum where I post under my real name Sergiu. Anyway I'm curious if eFX are going to make an Original Trilogy Darth Vader helmet down the road. Thanks
My collection
Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away

Offline Boba Binks

• VIP
  • Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +12/-0
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo.
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2008, 10:07:10 AM »
Hello Amy. Nice to hear from you. I hope all is well and look forward to your posting here.
<br />Boba Binks - The most feared Bounty  Hunter on Naboo.<br /><br />View my Sandtroopers.com <a href=\\\\\\\"http://djsyczylo.net/sandtroopers/STPortfolio.htm\\\\\\\" target=\\\\\\\"_blank\\\\\\\">Portfolio</a>.

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2008, 12:30:37 AM »
Nice to have you hear with us Amy and I'm sure there will be plenty of questions down the line to be asked. Thanks for being a part of the ST boards.
Transformers,...Robots in disguise!
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline jkno

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • My collection
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2008, 06:29:21 AM »
My second question, besides the one in my previous post about the OT Vader helmet, is if eFX will have extra helmet stands for sale in the future.
My collection

Offline eFXAmy

• Junior Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2008, 01:48:42 PM »
Hi Sergiu,

We don't have any current plans to do this but it may be something we decide to do in the future.

Welcome Amy, you maybe remember me from Rebelscum Forum where I post under my real name Sergiu. Anyway I'm curious if eFX are going to make an Original Trilogy Darth Vader helmet down the road. Thanks

Offline eFXAmy

• Junior Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2008, 01:49:59 PM »
It is something we are discussing as we have received several requests for them.  We will let everyone know as soon as we do.

My second question, besides the one in my previous post about the OT Vader helmet, is if eFX will have extra helmet stands for sale in the future.

Offline jkno

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • My collection
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2008, 05:03:55 AM »
Thanks Amy! :)
My collection

Offline Coleman Trebor

• S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +8/-0
    • www.gator.nl
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2008, 05:35:29 AM »
Hi Amy,

I have 2 questions.

1. Right before they ''lost'' their license MR announced the Chewbacca Bowcaster and the Scout Trooper Pistol. Is there a big chance that you will continue these items?

2. If the McQuarrie Concept Darth Vader helmet is a succes will ther be a complete line of McQuarrie concept collectibles or is it a one time thing. (not sure if it already is announced or not)

Greetings Coleman

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2008, 10:31:29 AM »
Hello Amy,

Why is the deposit on the X-Wing so high?  And why is the $350 non-refundable?

Offline eFXAmy

• Junior Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2008, 02:20:08 PM »
I don't know if we will be offering any of the products you listed below but I will definately pass on your interest to our team.

Hi Amy,

I have 2 questions.

1. Right before they ''lost'' their license MR announced the Chewbacca Bowcaster and the Scout Trooper Pistol. Is there a big chance that you will continue these items?

2. If the McQuarrie Concept Darth Vader helmet is a succes will ther be a complete line of McQuarrie concept collectibles or is it a one time thing. (not sure if it already is announced or not)

Greetings Coleman

Offline eFXAmy

• Junior Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2008, 02:25:34 PM »
The deposit is the amount it is because we cannot afford to sit on a bunch of inventory of this product due to us being a small, start-up company and the current economy.  By making a non-refundable deposit you are making sure that people are serious about the purchase and that you won't have a bunch of cancellations leaving you stuck with inventory.

We have just made this announcement about the X-Wing you may want to read:

EFX ANNOUNCES LUKE SKYWALKER’STM X-WINGTM FX STARFIGHTER “RED FIVE” FX MODEL TO BE RETIRED ON DECEMBER 21, 2008
December 17, 2008

As you know, our X-wing went up for pre-sale on December 11th.  For those of you who pre-ordered, we would like to thank you very much because pre-orders have exceeded even our most optimistic expectations, especially given the hard economic times we are all facing.

To show our gratitude and as a special holiday gift from eFX, our X-wing pre-order offer now includes FREE FedEX Ground shipping to any address in the continental USA!  If you’ve already placed your order for the X-wing, you will also receive this special gift.

However, you must act quickly since we have made the very difficult decision to retire our X-wing at the end of this special pre-order period.

What does this mean? It means that the edition size will be determined by the actual number of orders we receive.  We will announce the number at the end of the pre-order period and it will be noted on the plaque.

What does this mean to you, our customer?  It means you will have acquired a very limited edition collectible and will belong to a very select group of collectors who will own our very first eFX Star Wars FX Model.  As we had promised when we first announced our new company, eFX will do its best to keep “collectibles Collectible.”

What does this mean to eFX?  It means that even though it may result in lower revenues for this item, it will help us to not bear the expense of carrying inventory which can hurt a small company, especially during these hard economic times.

So, if you’re thinking about ordering our Luke Skywalker’s X-wing Starfighter “Red Five” FX Model, then visit www.eFXCollectibles.com before it is too late.

And remember each model comes with:
   ■   Mark Hamill Signature Plaque
   ■   Luke Skywalker pilot sculpted by Gentle Giant
   ■   Free FedeX Ground shipping to any address in the continental USA
   ■   Easy and convenient layaway plan*

*For a detailed product description and for the full terms and conditions of this offer, please visit www.eFXCollectibles.com.

So let’s close it up and go in full throttle!  Don’t miss our on this incredible replica, order yours today before its retired to a galaxy, far, far away!

© 2008 Lucafilm Ltd. & TM  © 2008 eFX Inc. & TM

Hello Amy,

Why is the deposit on the X-Wing so high?  And why is the $350 non-refundable?

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2008, 05:31:53 PM »
thanks Amy !

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2008, 12:55:29 PM »
I think that's a great idea keeping it "collectible" as sometimes these high end pieces don't hold their value. I can also appreciate just ONE company addressing concerns over the economy, the fact you mentioned it shows your team is at least thinking about it. I'm not sure you could say that about other companies.  :-\
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline Coleman Trebor

• S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +8/-0
    • www.gator.nl
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2008, 01:08:20 PM »
I think that this is the thing we are waiting for. No longer will the collectibles be avaiable on every street corner and for half the price on Ebay. Strategics like this make collecting more an investment than a hobby. Collectibles are much more interesting when they have lower quantities and are harder to get. What fun is there in buying things when you know there is a 75% chance that they will go away for a fraction of the original price. If Efx can keep this up I will be very pleased and become a regular customer.

Offline Lil_Louie

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • High-end Snob!
    • Lil' Louie's Lounge
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2009, 11:49:02 AM »
Hi Amy:

Any plans on scaled die-cast ships from EFX (ala Code3)?

Offline eFXAmy

• Junior Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2009, 11:52:56 AM »
Hi Lil_Louie,

Scaled ships and the diecast line is something we are definately discussing.  Whether or not it will happen this year we don't know yet but I will keep you updated.

Hi Amy:

Any plans on scaled die-cast ships from EFX (ala Code3)?

Offline Lil_Louie

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • High-end Snob!
    • Lil' Louie's Lounge
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2009, 08:39:06 PM »
Good to know. Thanks Amy. :)

Offline chewykingwookie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +63/-0
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2009, 08:44:48 PM »
scaled diecasts similar would be cool. I loved the Code 3 ones I have the Falcon, Slave 1, and DV's TIE fighter and would like to get more of that type.

Offline Lil_Louie

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • High-end Snob!
    • Lil' Louie's Lounge
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2009, 09:18:24 PM »
scaled diecasts similar would be cool. I loved the Code 3 ones I have the Falcon, Slave 1, and DV's TIE fighter and would like to get more of that type.

Same here chewy. There are so many more I wanted to see like Jedi Starfighter, Podracer, Naboo Starfighter, Vulture Droid Fighter (and Tri) and any of Padme's ships.

Offline Coleman Trebor

• S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +8/-0
    • www.gator.nl
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2009, 10:04:43 AM »
Hi Amy,

I heard some rumors from different corners that EFX will continue the by MR announced Gravitron Line. Can you shed some light on the rumors?

Thanx

Offline eFXAmy

• Junior Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2009, 02:23:18 PM »
I have no idea to be honest with you Coleman.  If that is something we are going to do I will let everyone know when I do.

Hi Amy,

I heard some rumors from different corners that EFX will continue the by MR announced Gravitron Line. Can you shed some light on the rumors?

Thanx