Author Topic: Clone Wars ending?  (Read 3181 times)

Offline Dark Clone

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +6/-0
Clone Wars ending?
« on: February 26, 2013, 03:30:33 PM »
There's a report floating around (even on our FB page) that we may have to fight to keep the CW on TV.
If it dosen't comeback and the way the toyline is going. Plus the fact that episode VII probably will get pushed back. How does this feel to the fans that supported the Disney buy-out? Or is this just coincidence?

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=tn_tnmn#!/RebelForceRadio

Offline Del

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
Re: Clone Wars ending?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 08:47:22 PM »
it really shouldnt be much of a shock that its coming to an end-
they only had a small window to begin with- and then didnt even start at the beginning
didnt Filoni himself say he never expected 100 episodes?

I have a hard time blaming Disney for this

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
  • wampa's prefer eating rebels vs. imps, less armour
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 10:03:36 PM »
I wouldn't be shocked if they did end it but Ashoka, Rex and Maul have to die real soon if they are gonna do it. 
--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.

Offline Lord-Penter

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • If you only knew.......
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 06:03:14 AM »
they only had a small window to begin with- and then didnt even start at the beginning

Disney's biggest rival? Cartoon Network, same target audience.
Disney is & has been a monopoly for decades & now they own SW. They can & will do what they want.
I hate to see it happen, not every episode was great, but some were just unforgettable & awesome.
Just very glad I got to see them all & hope it continues.
"Your arrogance blinds you."
"The ability to speak does not
        make you intelligent."

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 06:37:46 AM »
I got to see the entire series as well from the start since I got dishnetwork right before the series started. So without that type of service I wouldnt have gotten a chance to see all I did see. Plus if it ends then well it was fun while it lasted and no regrets if it gets canceled at all. It would be a shame to not end it on a high note with good and evil both winning at the same time since that is pretty much what needs to happen anyway.
Transformers,...Robots in disguise!
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline Dark Clone

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +6/-0
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 01:19:42 PM »
I'm just wondering who made the decision to end it? (if they will)

Is it Lucasfilms, Disney, or the fans?
The reason I say the fans. Is the fact that it might not be getting the love it deserves. I know the ratings haven't been there, but it still a good show.

Somebody has been making the decisions.
First they do away with the CW figures. Now the show may be getting cancelled. Maybe this has been in the works for awhile.

Even though we will still have a few toys, novels, and comics. I just hope it dosen't turn into another hiatus for SW in the long run. Things just aren't feeling right.

Offline pshorrock72

• Premium
  • Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • AFA is a silly excuse to scalp!!!
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 06:44:59 PM »
ratings??? I watch these shows on demand... normal time the show is on I am playing COD Black Ops II.. :)

Offline Del

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 01:40:03 AM »

Disney's biggest rival? Cartoon Network, same target audience.
Disney is & has been a monopoly for decades & now they own SW. They can & will do what they want.
I hate to see it happen, not every episode was great, but some were just unforgettable & awesome.
Just very glad I got to see them all & hope it continues.
I just mean I dont think Disney is making this call to suddenly kill the show- they would just bring it to one of their channels
I just saying not to blame Disney bec if it gets cancelled its because it ran its course-

Offline Del

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2013, 02:02:01 AM »

The reason I say the fans. Is the fact that it might not be getting the love it deserves. I know the ratings haven't been there, but it still a good show.

First they do away with the CW figures. Now the show may be getting cancelled. Maybe this has been in the works for awhile.

Even though we will still have a few toys, novels, and comics. I just hope it dosen't turn into another hiatus for SW in the long run. Things just aren't feeling right.

I still think its more that its at that point where they are really at the end of the war so its not Disney Lucas or the fans
How would it turn into a hiatus- were getting AT LEAST 6 new Star Wars MOVIES (Not directed by George Lucas)
Thats the franchises bread n butter....they could take everything else away(but they wont because its more $$ to be made) and it still would be nowhere close to a hiatus

Offline Lord-Penter

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2013, 06:49:07 AM »
I also want to blame Cartoon Network, Why the Hell do you put it on at 9:30am?
I thought Fridays at 8pm was perfect & if they would repeat it at decent time & in the week?
I bet if they did a marathon? it would get ratings, reair Seasons 1-4 at normal time & at night.
Why not run 6 episodes from 8pm-11pm or 9-12a? I would watch, even the lesser episodes.
Would be better than any crappy movie they have on weekends.
        make you intelligent."

Offline Del

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2013, 09:36:18 AM »
I also want to blame Cartoon Network, Why the Hell do you put it on at 9:30am?
I thought Fridays at 8pm was perfect & if they would repeat it at decent time & in the week?
I bet if they did a marathon? it would get ratings, reair Seasons 1-4 at normal time & at night.
Why not run 6 episodes from 8pm-11pm or 9-12a? I would watch, even the lesser episodes.
Would be better than any crappy movie they have on weekends.
Oh its a terrible slot

but again its not like this was ever getting a long run in the first place

Offline Dark Clone

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +6/-0
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2013, 12:17:27 PM »

I still think its more that its at that point where they are really at the end of the war so its not Disney Lucas or the fans
How would it turn into a hiatus- were getting AT LEAST 6 new Star Wars MOVIES (Not directed by George Lucas)
Thats the franchises bread n butter....they could take everything else away(but they wont because its more $$ to be made) and it still would be nowhere close to a hiatus

Not a complete hiatus like we seen from '85-'92
Just seems they are trimming the fat to gear-up for the new movies that are coming. It was even reported the EPVII may even get pushed back.
Besides the novels and comics. The CW was a good fill-in gap for us fans until the new movies came out.
There was so much more story to tell that led up to EP IV.
(With the live-action show not happening now. The CW was a good thing.)
Maybe instead of doing all those garbage episodes. It would of been good to see what happens to Ahsoka. What plans did Palpatine have for Maul.
How did Rex die/retire. Etc,etc......
So many unanswered questions. Now we have to rely on the EU to explain things. (If it does) 
And that will open up more debate for the future.

Maybe Disney will decide to spend the money on the live-action TV show, but I'm sure there money will be tied-up into the new movies.

If your a toy collector. Future not to bright.
If you don't read the novels or comics. Future not to bright either.
We just needed something for everyone to watch just to keep things rolling.

I'm just glad I do read the novels and collect the comics. It's gonna be up to  us to keep SW alive and well on here and to keep the flame lit for at least 2 more years until EP VII comes.

I have no intentions of letting things die down on here. If I have to discuss the EU and the few really cool toys that are coming. Than so be it. I'm a lifelong SW fan and will continue to support it no matter what.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 12:21:28 PM by Dark Clone »

Offline JediMCor

• Premium
  • Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +3/-0
  • I'm with Force!
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2013, 09:34:26 PM »
Too bad the show is going away. Also it sucks the 1st CW Wave of 2013 isn't going to be sold in the US. Hasbro screwing its biggest costumers again and they have their headquarters here still in the US.  >:( They have a lot of unanswered questions and people to wrap up the story line. But maybe they have other ideas anyhow.

Offline Del

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2013, 10:10:41 PM »
OK backtrack for a second-
Where has this OFFICIALLY been announced as ending?
Disney now owns something on CN and its assumed its done on CN but not moving to Disney without tying the ends up?
Would it make ANY sense to end the series on their main new 30+ year old product without doing this?
I still think the only thing ending Clone Wars is the ending of the Clone Wars, which we can all see is near.

Think about this- we all thought back in 2005 we saw the last SW movie- and what are we talking about
6 more movies

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2013, 11:29:15 PM »
Is this Saturdays episode going to be the last episode or are there a couple more yet?
--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.

Offline Del

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2013, 12:56:59 AM »
Is this Saturdays episode going to be the last episode or are there a couple more yet?
Season finale yes
Series- I dont think so

Offline Dark Clone

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +6/-0
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2013, 01:52:32 PM »

Offline Dark Clone

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +6/-0
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2013, 02:27:23 PM »
words of wisdom

Offline Lord-Penter

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2013, 05:09:22 PM »
I really hope we get to see more eventually, too many loose ends & unanswered questions.

I really would like to the Imperial Wars show, where all the planets with civilizations are taken over by the New Empire.
        make you intelligent."

Offline Del

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2013, 10:00:02 PM »
Season finale yes
Series- I dont think so
I stand corrected.....kinda
Im sure we'll see the ends tied up and the unfinished S6 somewhere
Just not on TV

Im guessing theres probably only plans for one more season and figured it would be a waste on DC or XD for one season. It certainly doesnt rule out a micro season or net exclusive

Offline Dark Clone

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +6/-0
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2013, 04:40:09 PM »
According to the link. There will be more. Who knows when, but will be available on DVD.

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2013, 07:26:34 PM »
I wonder about an ITunes or DVD release

Offline Dark Clone

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +6/-0
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2013, 02:55:20 PM »

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2013, 08:58:53 AM »
I'd be more inclined to say "no chance".  ::)  Petitions don't work, they will do whatever they wish to Star Wars now guys... its theirs.  Just as it was when it belonged to George.  Why get angry or upset about it?  It's one of them things that's out of your control, focus on the positive. There's going to be plenty of Star Wars in the future, they've simply got to sort everything out.  We have to keep in mind this thing wasn't supposed to last this long, we've been on borrowed time for quite some time!
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2013, 09:29:09 PM »
I agree with you spice. It probably won't change disneys mind.  Still s***ty that they did not resolve maul and Rex.  Ashoka kind of got a send off of sorts, which I guess I can live with.   Even Rex I guess I can live without knowing about, but damn it bringing back maul and not killing him off again is unforgiveable.

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2013, 11:32:08 AM »
Maybe Disney thinks it was a bad idea to bring Maul back? As great as the storyline and out-freakkin-standing voice acting by Sam Witwer were, I feel differently about it than my initial NO reaction. I actually think it was COOL, and they should have just brought Maul back vs. bring in Savage.
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2013, 10:07:03 PM »
I enjoyed the maul episodes, I just wish Palpatine had killed maul too, when he killed Savage.   It wouldn't leave us with a major loose end.

Offline Dark Clone

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +6/-0
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2013, 11:26:32 AM »
I feel the same about it not coming back.
A more recent report has Disney saying that they are more or less trimming the fat and are really concentrating all there efforts into the new movies right now.
Which is a good thing in my mind. That way the new movies might/will live up to every SW fans expectations.

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2013, 06:11:50 AM »
2 words for this is "awe man" cause I wanted to see another season of it.
Transformers,...Robots in disguise!
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline Del

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2013, 08:44:48 AM »
Maybe Disney thinks it was a bad idea to bring Maul back?
I know I did!

I really enjoyed the series as it filled my SW fix post E3
But with news of more movies, Im not shedding tears.

As long as theres no Jar Jar movie, Disney can exploit the crap outta SW

Offline DTMAN

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +10/-0
  • Dude, where are the plans?
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2013, 08:01:59 PM »
Well, it's over.
Show was okay, but I always had issues with it, but that is another story.
I hope it gets a chance to end well.  Based on last SW Insider, there are plans and include cast reactions.

As to decision, my guess it was Disney.   Once it laid off Animation Dept, it was on the chopping block.    They are shrinking LFL, but they would probably keep the major units (IBM, Skywalker Sound, etc.)
If it does come back, it would probably tie to the new movies is my guess.
I believe there will be a major campaign once the movie is completed or near completion as with the other films.

Always the future in motion.

Offline Hand So Low

• Premium
  • Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Don't get cocky!
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2013, 04:13:01 PM »
http://clubjade.net/?p=52625

Clone wars going to air on Cartoon Network.
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.
Check out my want list here  http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=15148.0
Feedback thread http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=15027.0
For trade http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=

Offline Dark Clone

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +6/-0
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2013, 12:44:02 PM »
Let's just clear the air before we start another "Save the Clone Wars" campaign.
These are just re-runs and not new episodes.
Thanks to Hand So Low for posting this. Now alot of you can get caught up all over again.

Offline Lord-Penter

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2013, 04:39:20 PM »
I saw Season 5 will be available for bluray/dvd on Oct 15 prorders on Amazon
        make you intelligent."

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2014, 06:36:06 PM »
Darth Mauls fate from the clone wars tv series to wrap up in the comics in May

http://www.newsarama.com/19979-star-wars-the-clone-wars-finale-debuts-in-comics.html

Offline Dark Clone

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +6/-0
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2014, 05:42:17 PM »
Darth Mauls fate from the clone wars tv series to wrap up in the comics in May

http://www.newsarama.com/19979-star-wars-the-clone-wars-finale-debuts-in-comics.html

Good news for DH to be able to wrap things up a little before the move back to Marvel.