Author Topic: 100 Episodes of the CLONE WARS  (Read 1007 times)

Offline Dark Clone

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +6/-0
100 Episodes of the CLONE WARS
« on: October 03, 2012, 11:50:25 AM »
Star Wars has reached a milestone with there 100th episode.
As a whole. How do you feel about the series so far?
I think it's had it's up and downs, but overall is a blessing in disguise because it gives us something of Star Wars to watch.
Even though we all know where it's all gonna lead to. We still get a few surprises which keeps us watching.

http://starwarsblog.starwars.com/index.php/2012/10/01/100-episodes-of-the-clone-wars-a-reflection/

Offline Slobba_the_Hutt

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • I'm not your daddy, I'm your grampa
Re: 100 Episodes of the CLONE WARS
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 01:32:44 PM »
I want to like it more than I do

first off, I'm not crazy about the artistic choices
the giant eyes and the anorexic body types are my biggest problems

secondly, the huge departure from established canon
the Mandalorian culture is the most striking example
also I don't think Darth Maul really needed to come back from the dead, and without any explanation how he even left Naboo

in addition, I was hoping to see other Jedi in action
this just seems to be the continuing adventures of Anakin and Obi Wan
will they survive this latest challenge?  yawn
any encounter between Anakin and Dooku is a waste of time in my opinion

on the plus side of things, I really enjoyed the character development of Asajj Ventress
I think she is the most dynamic character in the entire series
the fact that Anthony Daniels is there to voice C-3PO, and Ahmed Best is tapped to voice Jar Jar most of the time are also good things
one thing I love is watching Palpatine
he manipulates events so well, even when it seems like things are not going as he wanted

when the show concentrates on action, the show works best for me
when the show plagiarizes the movies, it's nothing but a groan fest for me
yes it's star wars, exactly word for word sometimes

I score the show a B-
Hoam skool Dropowt

Offline Dark Clone

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +6/-0
Re: 100 Episodes of the CLONE WARS
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 11:52:42 AM »
Well said my friend.

As far as the artistic choices. It has alot of Anime influence (which Lucas is a fan of)
I'm not fond of it either, but it's geared towards kids and they seem to love it.

I also agree that Maul should've stayed dead, but they realized what a popular character he is and probably didn't want to make the same mistake twice (Boba Fett). But it does make a good story and we can only assume that Palpatine Found Maul since he was on Naboo right after the fact. Maybe he sent him in seclusion as punishment for his failure. To make him stronger and feed his thrist for revenge on the Jedi.

The Mandalorians and Mandalore should've been handled better. I agree with you on that.

There are alot of storylines that don't need to be told when it comes to Anakin, Kenobi, etc. Because we already know what's gonna happen. I want to see more of the stuff we don't know about.

I do like seeing secondary characters make appearences. Loved the nod to the "Blue Snaggletooth" in "Revival".