Author Topic: Ebay seller using my own photo for his auction  (Read 2204 times)

Offline jkno

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • My collection
Ebay seller using my own photo for his auction
« on: August 11, 2012, 04:48:20 AM »
This guy selling an AT-AT SE is using my own photo for his own auction. I  wrote him an email kindly asking for him to remove it, but nothing.  What should I do next?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190712683550&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v226/sergiurusu/Prop%20Replicas%20-%20Studio%20Scale%20and%20Blasters/?action=view&current=MRAT-ATSE02.jpg

When someone can take a detailed close-up photo of his item, not sure why he isn't doing the same for the whole item and needs to use someone else image.
My collection
Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away

Offline jkno

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • My collection
Re: Ebay seller using my own photo for his auction
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 04:49:33 AM »
The problem with this guy is that he is using photos of 3 different AT-AT's there, you are not really sure what you are buying in the end. The bidders might not be aware that the last AT-AT for example is completely different that the first 2, being a customized MR AT-AT Limited Edition - LE (it usually comes with mirror base, no snow base and no snowspeeder, with different paint apps and different pose) where the others, including mine, are Signature Editions - SE (with snow base, Phil Tippett autograph and studio scale crashed snowspeeder). So as a buyer what are you getting? This is not a $10 Hasbro action figure. For such expensive items using photos others than your own, should be a warning for the buyers, but they seem not to be aware of this.

My collection

Offline Lord-Penter

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • If you only knew.......
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 06:52:11 PM »
Post yours at 5 to 10X the price & say yours is real & his is fake & not worth $1
That is total BS!! I'd tear him apart for posting yours & not his? There must be something wrong with his?
You need to broadcast to everyone who looks at his & tell them. That is Shady.
"Your arrogance blinds you."
"The ability to speak does not
        make you intelligent."

Offline jkno

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • My collection
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 12:26:43 AM »
It seems the auction was taken down, my message to vero at ebay worked. He re-listed it, this time with his own pics, I have no problem with that.
My collection