Author Topic: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 5 - Discussion Thread  (Read 16419 times)

Offline Dark Clone

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +6/-0
Re: SEASON 5 of The Clone Wars
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2012, 09:48:34 AM »
I discussed this on another thread.
Palpatine probably did get Maul and than banished him for his failure in hopes of him becoming stronger and want to seek revenge on the Jedi.
Season 4 is out on Bluray. There is a few things in season 4 that season 5 will touch on again. So I would recommend watching those episodes. 

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2012, 11:42:17 AM »
I think you hit it right on the head Alex when you said if they didn't do anything at all, HOW much would we have enjoyed Star Wars if they hadn't made the Clone Wars?  I've enjoyed the TV series, even though it took some initial getting used to.  It blows my mind when I hear from fans that aren't fans of the Prequel / CW.  It's still a great story, and if anything we always have something to talk about!
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
  • wampa's prefer eating rebels vs. imps, less armour
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2012, 10:09:17 AM »
It's not a perfect show, but I love getting 22 episodes of star wars a year. With the exception of the mandolorian school lunch program episode, they have all been pretty good
--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2012, 02:38:30 AM »
This series season 5 has really got me interested big time but so much with wanting to buy alot of SW figs though.
Transformers,...Robots in disguise!
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline Dark Clone

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +6/-0
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2012, 11:39:06 AM »
The 4 part story arc on Mandalore is turning out better than I thought. It's not just a political storyarc that we've seen in the past. Alot of action and having Kenobi, Anakin, and Rex leaving was a good thing.

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2012, 01:11:01 PM »
I've never been happier for the On Demand feature on my Comcast. I don't think I've woke up for a single episode yet...  The first episode started off with a bang, the next two have been kinda blah in my opinion.  It's great Ahsoka's found a love interest but I could honestly do without.
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline Lord-Penter

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • If you only knew.......
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2012, 04:49:58 AM »
I've never been happier for the On Demand feature on my Comcast. I don't think I've woke up for a single episode yet...  The first episode started off with a bang, the next two have been kinda blah in my opinion.  It's great Ahsoka's found a love interest but I could honestly do without.
I found it interesting in Jedi helping Terrorists? I find the overall theme with political & social over tones very similar to our own.
We all know the fate of the Republic & our fate?

I have been using Xfinity On demand for it & other shows.  Very silly time slot.  I wonder if ratings have changed?
"Your arrogance blinds you."
"The ability to speak does not
        make you intelligent."

Offline Hand So Low

• Premium
  • Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Don't get cocky!
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2012, 06:52:34 AM »
I found it interesting in Jedi helping Terrorists?

What some call terrorists, others who may hold different ideologies call freedom fighters. Its interesting to me how things are often portrayed as black and white with no room for a gray area.

It's great Ahsoka's found a love interest but I could honestly do without.

I agree. But ultimately, the show is geared towards kids. Of all the jedi, Mace is really the only one who lives like a jedi, if you know what I mean.
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.
Check out my want list here  http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=15148.0
Feedback thread http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=15027.0
For trade http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2012, 07:15:57 AM »
I found it interesting in Jedi helping Terrorists? I find the overall theme with political & social over tones very similar to our own.
We all know the fate of the Republic & our fate?

I have been using Xfinity On demand for it & other shows.  Very silly time slot.  I wonder if ratings have changed?

As Obi wan said in the very first star wars to Luke " your going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view"
--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2012, 12:42:37 PM »
OK after the last two episodes featuring rebels running right into a tank and dropping grenades in both hatches, why wouldn't they fix that with a locking mechanism?  Also, nothing like waiting until the LAST second to save someone from being decapitated.  Call me nuts, but I feel like this was a bit of a boring / wasted story arc developing the "rebels".  If you were going to do this, why not have some of the OT rebels in there somewhere??? Also WHY would the Jedi leave Ahsoka on Onderon all alone??? Why wasn't it a big deal she disobeyed direct orders and got involved with the escape of the King?  :-\ ::)  I'd rather see the Savage / Maul / Mandos we were shown in all of the clips.

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2012, 04:20:37 PM »
Bring on the warrior reclamation of Madalore!

Offline Slobba_the_Hutt

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • I'm not your daddy, I'm your grampa
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2012, 07:32:10 AM »
one more episode of this story arc

hopefully then the show will become more interesting
at this point, I only watch the first run of the episode and skip the rerun the next day
I just don't care

I want to see CLONES fighting in WARS
is that too much to ask?
Hoam skool Dropowt

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2012, 01:05:23 PM »
I liked this weeks episode, but they could've wrapped it up easily this week...... Unless they kill Lux next week or something.

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2012, 01:23:28 PM »
I keep wishing they would use the beast riders more.  They showed Saw riding one in the 1st episode and then no more.

Offline Lord-Penter

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2012, 05:13:31 PM »
I know the episode was boring? but that Holo-Message to the people?
You could change a few words & proper nouns? IT FITS TO WELL with our society & Govt.
Look at what is happening all over our world? Countries losing their soverignities?
Who ever is writing, has their finger on the issues.
        make you intelligent."

Offline Dark Clone

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +6/-0
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2012, 02:01:48 PM »
OK after the last two episodes featuring rebels running right into a tank and dropping grenades in both hatches, why wouldn't they fix that with a locking mechanism?  Also, nothing like waiting until the LAST second to save someone from being decapitated.  Call me nuts, but I feel like this was a bit of a boring / wasted story arc developing the "rebels".  If you were going to do this, why not have some of the OT rebels in there somewhere??? Also WHY would the Jedi leave Ahsoka on Onderon all alone??? Why wasn't it a big deal she disobeyed direct orders and got involved with the escape of the King?  :-\ ::)  I'd rather see the Savage / Maul / Mandos we were shown in all of the clips.

I totally agree. It started out to be a good storyline, but now it's just getting boring and un-eventful. The Jedi are just as corrupt as the Sith in there ways. They have rules, but it's ok to break them when seen fit I guess.

Offline Lord-Penter

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2012, 05:31:40 PM »
Again?! This weeks story line of Jedi using pirates to smuggle weapons?!?! WTF!!
Can you say Syria, Libya, Iraq etc..., we all know to destroy a democracy is to do it from within.
Overall very boring besides the ironic plot lines & over tones to our own situations?
        make you intelligent."

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2012, 08:46:39 AM »
A good episode to wrap up the 4 parter that could have been a two parter.  The end was touching. Finally some beast riders in combat.  I watched it on iTunes anyone know what next weeks show is about.

Offline Slobba_the_Hutt

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2012, 03:33:14 PM »
this last episode felt like it moved faster than first 3 of this story arc

I'm ready to see some CLONES fight some WARS again
Hoam skool Dropowt

Offline Slobba_the_Hutt

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2012, 08:54:17 AM »
I think the voice of Petro is the same guy who does the voice for Jeff Fisher on American Dad

and I think his real name is Jeff Fisher
Hoam skool Dropowt

Offline Dark Clone

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +6/-0
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2012, 02:19:11 PM »
I enjoyed this episode. It was nice to see how the padawans had to overcome there certain emotions to get there crystals. Where were the green crystals?

The planet Ilum was consistant with the EU's version. Surprised!
Except for getting the crystals part ;)

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2012, 12:00:00 AM »
A cute padawan episode, nice to see Illum again.  Didn't do much to advance the plot though. Anyone now what we get in next weeks episode? 

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2012, 01:29:17 AM »
I saw both episodes at CVI, but I'm not going to wreck it for you!  :D  Honestly I thought they were doing some sort of spin-off series with this, but I'm relieved to see it's just a two part episode.

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2012, 10:22:20 AM »
I saw both episodes at CVI, but I'm not going to wreck it for you!  :D  Honestly I thought they were doing some sort of spin-off series with this, but I'm relieved to see it's just a two part episode.

Oh so the padawan episode has a part 2?

Offline David D.

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • United We Find!
« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2012, 10:52:21 AM »
It's another four-part arc. They're going to Florrum in the next three, but I won't share any more of the plot details I already know. I'm looking forward to the rest of these episodes! I think it's a nice change of scenery after the Onderon arc, which lasted too long in my opinion. At least in this arc they're visiting various planets/space. I love the younglings, and I always enjoy a good Ahsoka story (well not parts of Onderon so much, but I felt the character focus there ended up being mainly on Steela).

BTW, let me know if you have any questions for voice actor Jeff Fischer (Petro), who will be joining Sandtroopers later this month for an interview! Trying to get a couple of the other younglings, too. 8)

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2012, 12:37:02 AM »
A 4 part padawan arc?  Wow they are really avoiding getting to maul and the mandos.

Offline Dark Clone

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +6/-0
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2012, 05:34:19 PM »
Good episode.
Love Huyand. The "lightsaber" droid.
If he has been on that ship for 1000 years teaching padawans how to build there 1st lightsabers.
Does that mean all the EU stories about padawans finding material and building their own lightsabers on there own is false?

Offline Darthikari

• Premium
  • Junior Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • United We Find!
« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2012, 01:58:52 AM »
Gotta say I've been impressed with this season's chain-reaction scenes. The last episode of the Onderon arc, and the airlock scene have proven to be some of the finest choreography yet.

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2012, 11:53:19 PM »
Yeah that airlock scene really made the episode!! Not too mention showing us the more evil side of Hondo!

Offline Lord-Penter

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2012, 06:10:07 AM »
Yeah that airlock scene really made the episode!! Not too mention showing us the more evil side of Hondo!
I love Hondo, he reminds me of the people I used to work for, He only cares about profit & nothing else.
His allegiance is to himself & his pockets not good or evil, he walks the thin moral line & does what is best for him.
        make you intelligent."