Author Topic: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 5 - Discussion Thread  (Read 16411 times)

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
  • wampa's prefer eating rebels vs. imps, less armour
Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 5 - Discussion Thread
« on: May 04, 2012, 09:48:21 PM »
Here we go again..... check out the teaser trailer for Season 5!  Not much but looks neat!

http://www.starwars.com/watch/tcw_season5_teaser_trailer.html

Looks like more of Maul/ Savage and deathwatch....
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 10:48:16 PM by David D. »
--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.

Offline Bloodant

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +98/-0
  • If at 1st you don't succeed, skydiving isn't 4 you
Re: SEASON 5 of The Clone Wars
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 10:33:04 AM »
Found a popular theme and running with it are they?

Is the theme going off topic of clones wars or should it be a spin off cartoon?
Wants
Feedback
My Blog
New Recruits
私は星戦争を愛する!

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 09:59:47 PM »
Jedi defender has a link to the full season 5 preview that's being shown at starwars weekends. It's a utube video someone shot with a camera phone or something.  Looks good though. One scene shows vizla addressing a large crowd on mandalore, suggesting that death watch takes the planet back to its warrior ways?  Could be interesting, guess Satine will have to be killed off.... Lots of shots of savage and maul too.
--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 01:27:32 AM »
The clip on the front page Nabil shot was pretty good.
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline Lord-Penter

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • If you only knew.......
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 04:12:19 AM »
I hope we get some real plot based storylines & not just 1 Death Watch episode or 1 Savage & Maul & then add lots of filler?
I'll be happy no matter what & will be watching.
"Your arrogance blinds you."
"The ability to speak does not
        make you intelligent."

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 07:30:00 AM »
The clip on the front page Nabil shot was pretty good.

My bad I didn't check the front page.   Oooops. Can we link it here Spice?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 07:30:52 AM by darthdan »

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 11:55:42 AM »
Here you go!

There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 08:07:15 AM »
Link the clear version from the front page spice.

Offline Dark Clone

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +6/-0
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2012, 01:50:00 PM »
*SEASON FIVE PEEKS*
Besides the obvious return of Maul and Savage.
1. Going to the planet Onderon. Known from the Tales of the Jedi comicbook series.
2. Debut of the Black Sun Organizations.
3. We will see R2's biggest contribution to the war effort.
4. We will see Embo in action along with his new side-kick. Marrok.
5. A final note. Some characters that were created for the show will meet their destinies.

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2012, 11:52:36 PM »
Please kill asokha or Rex already!

Offline Hand So Low

• Premium
  • Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Don't get cocky!
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2012, 06:46:50 AM »
Do you think they'll kill Asokha? Unless its the last season, I don't believe they'll do that.
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.
Check out my want list here  http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=15148.0
Feedback thread http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=15027.0
For trade http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2012, 08:17:52 AM »
As much as I think they're going to KILL Ahsoka, I can't see HOW?  All the poor crushed little girls, and I'm NOT just talking about Ashley!  :D ;) :P 8)

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2012, 09:00:12 AM »
Rex and Ahsoka must die before the end of the series. We already saw Appo in one episode with Pong Krell.  And we know he leads the 501st in ROTS.  Ahsoka either has to die or get marooned somewhere unreachable.  The whole point like Yoda comments on now and then is if Anakin will be able to let go of Ahsoka when the time comes.

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2012, 08:04:48 PM »
So the latest clip from comic con has obi in mando armor fighting along side Katee Sakhoff's mando character.

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0

Offline Lord-Penter

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2012, 04:48:24 AM »
Watched new trailer 5 times or more? & I can NOT wait!
I need more Mando's & MORE EPIC BATTLES for ALL SIDES.
When I saw Sidious fighting for what he has created & HOPEFULLY showing his REAL POWER.
I let out a "HELL YES!!" show me the TRUE POWERS & SKILLS of A Sith Master in animated form?

Why did Cartoon Network move it to Saturday morning at 9:30 AM?
This show with its violence & War? should be at 8-9pm? I can't help but remember the Quadruple decapitation from last year.

Maul or Oppress will die? or both? or Ventress? by Sidious? IMHO
        make you intelligent."

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2012, 09:45:28 PM »
Seems a bit of an inappropriate time slot to me too.   This upcoming season looks bad ass.  When are they gonna kill Asoka , Rex, savage, Maul, Satine,and ventress?
All loose ends that need to be tied up.  Is this the last season?  Or not?  Can't wait to see death watch take back Mandalore.

Offline Lord-Penter

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2012, 04:33:04 PM »
If this is last season? I would really like to see the next chapter in the story line.
Give me "The Imperial Wars" I want to see the Empire invade & Occupy & take over all the Democratic Planets.
How they do it & why. See out friendly Clones turn to sadistic Stormies.
I am sure we would NEVER see this show? It mirrors US foreign policy & tactics & strategy too perfectly.
        make you intelligent."

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2012, 02:56:34 PM »
If this is last season? I would really like to see the next chapter in the story line.
Give me "The Imperial Wars" I want to see the Empire invade & Occupy & take over all the Democratic Planets.
How they do it & why. See out friendly Clones turn to sadistic Stormies.
I am sure we would NEVER see this show? It mirrors US foreign policy & tactics & strategy too perfectly.

I'd love to see that show, thought that's what the live action show would be.   Lucas seems to keep his real world political views close to his best so as not to alienate his viewers.

Offline JediMCor

• Premium
  • Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +3/-0
  • I'm with Force!
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2012, 08:31:43 PM »
Bad A@& Season 5 coming up, can't wait. But STUPID day and time for this great show, are they trying to get rid of Clone Wars for us. With the mando's showing up in Seaon 5, I hope Hasbro bring back the Mando Vehicle in 2013 that a lot of us didn't get. A must have ship..

Offline Dark Clone

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +6/-0
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2012, 08:39:56 AM »
GREAT! episode. What a way to start the new season.
The EU really took a hit with this episode.
Like the way they still portrayed Maul and Savage has  killing machines, but still can't seem to beat Obi-Wan.
Does this finally mean we can put all this "Rule of Two" to bed now. Since We still have Sidious and Dooku. Now we have Maul claiming to be a Sith Lord and Savage as his apprentince.   

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2012, 09:04:13 AM »
Great episode with Savage getting his arm cut off and then Maul getting is machine leg getting cut off by the Kenobie. I wanna see what is in store next for the next episode.
Transformers,...Robots in disguise!
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline Slobba_the_Hutt

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • I'm not your daddy, I'm your grampa
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2012, 11:12:31 AM »
worth the wait!

I'm surprised the season opener was just one episode
last season it took 3 episodes to tell the whole story

but I prefer the single episode story arc so I'm not complaining, just commenting
Hoam skool Dropowt

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2012, 10:15:38 AM »
I was very impressed and the part with Adi Gallia did set off the cannon alarms but I think we have already agreed this kind of thing was going to happen.  I believe it was Stass Allie that we see blown up on the Barc Speeders in RotS, I can't remember if we even saw the demise of Adi or it was just implied.  In any case, at least the death happend around the same timeline.  :)

I'm also surprised Savage while big and bold can take out Jedi with seemingly no effort at all.  I'm glad kids can get up early in the morning to see Sith cutting down everyone with lightsabers!  I really hate the new time change, because I'm not a morning person.  ::)

Offline Lord-Penter

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2012, 05:15:03 AM »
Loved the episode & how it ended. The most dangerous enemy? the 1 from within.
Can't wait to see Palpy open a BIG CAN.

That sure is a lot of killing for Sat. morning cartoons? & real political over tones.
Why is it on at 9:30 am?
        make you intelligent."

Offline Hand So Low

• Premium
  • Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Don't get cocky!
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2012, 05:24:02 AM »
I recently watched ROTS, and Adi Gallia was definatley missing from the order 66 scene.
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.
Check out my want list here  http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=15148.0
Feedback thread http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=15027.0
For trade http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2012, 01:20:08 PM »
Death in "Revival"
Gallia was originally killed off in Star Wars: Obsession 5 (2005), but her death was later overridden by the Star Wars: The Clone Wars television series. Her death was instead depicted in the episode "Revival" (2012). Leland Chee, the Keeper of the Holocron continuity database, provided confirmation that any parts of the comic relating to her death should be treated as non-canon.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Adi_Gallia

This unravels the mystery a bit...

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2012, 10:02:49 PM »
Good episode, can't wait for maul and the mandos to get together.

Offline Dark Clone

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +6/-0
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2012, 01:41:43 PM »
Death in "Revival"
Gallia was originally killed off in Star Wars: Obsession 5 (2005), but her death was later overridden by the Star Wars: The Clone Wars television series. Her death was instead depicted in the episode "Revival" (2012). Leland Chee, the Keeper of the Holocron continuity database, provided confirmation that any parts of the comic relating to her death should be treated as non-canon.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Adi_Gallia

This unravels the mystery a bit...

That also means the Darth Maul comic series is also non-cannon. The EU is turning into a big joke. Though the stories are good. It isn't movie cannon and fans should relize that it dosen't fit into movie cannon anymore.
It's pretty bad when the EU is treated as a whole, but now we are just taking what fits and ignoring the rest ???
Mr. Chee's job just gets easier and easier. all he has to do is watch the CW and blogs about what is cannon and what is non-cannon. 

Offline Y-WingJager

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +21/-0
  • "I am a Stormtrooper." "You are a huge nerd..."
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2012, 10:16:36 PM »
 Just my .02 cents worth, but its a good point that Pap, came to naboo to get maul like he did Vader. At the time he was putting all of his chips on maul, when that didnt work out, he drafted Dooku to the sith team... As far as Ventress I dont rember seeing her in the movies, so she is a add-on to the clone wars series, along with alot of others. I know I have seen the first 3 seasons, is the 4th season out? I havent seen it at walmart. I usally dont have time to watch the shows, but its nice to see the whole season in one or two sittings. Looking forward to season 5 when/if i can catch it.
We are a extreme fighting force of extraordinary magnitude !!!