Author Topic: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Discussion Thread  (Read 21546 times)

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
  • wampa's prefer eating rebels vs. imps, less armour
Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Discussion Thread
« on: April 03, 2011, 09:17:23 AM »
I am starting the season 4 thread check out these season 4 preview clips at the official site:

http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars/?video=v001247#vid

Looks like we may be seeing some Mon Calamari action, (maybe Ackbar??)  Plus some nice footage of a four armed jedi wih two double lightsabers that looks like obi's friend Dexter(or at least his species).  The previews look awesome!  Hopefully we will see more action in season 4 to help make up for season 3's horrible mandolorian school lunch program episode.

Let the speculation begin!!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 10:47:48 PM by David D. »
--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
Re: season 4 of the clone wars
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 10:25:17 AM »
Both look very good, and I think that's what people are eventually have to get a grip on.  These stories might have continuity rifts but I don't think it's enough to abandon my love of Star Wars at all.  Or let's just say they haven't done a bad enough job that has brought me to the brink of not wanting to watch.
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline jedibrian77

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 10:44:54 AM »
I am starting the season 4 thread check out these season 4 preview clips at the official site:

Looks like we may be seeing some Mon Calamari action, (maybe Ackbar??)  Plus some nice footage of a four armed jedi wtih two double lightsabers that looks like obi's friend Dexter(or at least his species).  The previews look awesome!  Hopefully we will see more action in season 4 to help make up for season 3's horrible mandolorian school lunch program episode.

I read yesterday that Filoni confirmed that that is indeed a young Admiral Ackbar
"With an army of these, who could defeat us? No one!." -KOTOR 2

Feedback

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 02:23:52 PM »

Looks like we may be seeing some Mon Calamari action, (maybe Ackbar??)  Plus some nice footage of a four armed jedi wtih two double lightsabers that looks like obi's friend Dexter(or at least his species).  The previews look awesome!  Hopefully we will see more action in season 4 to help make up for season 3's horrible mandolorian school lunch program episode.

I read yesterday that Filoni confirmed that that is indeed a young Admiral Ackbar

If it is ackbar than I am stoked!!!!
--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.

Offline jedibrian77

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 03:01:19 PM »

If it is ackbar than I am stoked!!!!

http://tv.ign.com/articles/115/1159183p1.html

Feedback

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 09:49:18 PM »
wow great article jedi brian!  So confirmed we have a young ackbar in season 4. >:D

Offline Darth Zombius

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +8/-0
  • Four Horseman!! Awww Yeah!!
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 10:16:38 AM »
I haven't given up! Just yet anyway... I'd like to see more action and less politics for Season 4! Just sayin..
"Oh, yes. Wormheads. Twin tendrils off head. Females much yum-yum."
―Vilmarh Grahr

Offline Lord-Penter

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • If you only knew.......
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 05:59:16 AM »
Hope they step it up for seas.4 I want planet scale battles with all elements ground,air,water,space or anything new something creative?! defies our imaginations.
"Your arrogance blinds you."
"The ability to speak does not
        make you intelligent."

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 10:20:32 AM »
I haven't given up! Just yet anyway... I'd like to see more action and less politics for Season 4! Just sayin..

I like politics dealt with quickly, with out wasting entire episodes on politics and then alot of kick ass action.... all action and no politics is just mindless violence.

Offline jedibrian77

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2011, 10:01:31 PM »

I like politics dealt with quickly, with out wasting entire episodes on politics and then alot of kick ass action.... all action and no politics is just mindless violence.

I agree with you on that darthdan. I want some meaning to my violence  :)

Feedback

Offline deathfett

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • he's no good to me dead
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2011, 05:57:59 AM »
Did you see Tarples fighting Grievous!

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2011, 06:46:24 PM »
Did you see Tarples fighting Grievous!

yeah I wondered if that's who it was....

Offline Dark Clone

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +6/-0
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2011, 12:56:06 PM »
Filoni "With an opening that's even bigger than last season's. There's going to be battles like we've never seen before on the CW. We're going to environments and battling in places that have been speculated on in the SW universe. There will also be a classic character or two returning-but of course I'm not going to say who!"

Season 4 will be geared in the direction after season 3. No looking back.

Offline Del

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2011, 01:27:55 PM »

Its a trap!

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2011, 01:50:53 PM »
There will also be a classic character or two returning-but of course I'm not going to say who!"

Boba Fett?  WHERE?!?   ;)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 01:53:45 PM by Darth Spice »
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline jedibrian77

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2011, 02:36:41 PM »
We're going to environments and battling in places that have been speculated on in the SW universe. There will also be a classic character or two returning-but of course I'm not going to say who!"

Translation: We will be overwriting more EU.

Feedback

Offline Lord-Penter

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2011, 06:13:50 AM »
After watching all 4 seasons I have noticed how bada** every Jedi Master is like Plo,Saese,Mace
Kit,Aayla, etc.. the padawans are the "learning" or potential to be.
So I'd love to see Palpatine fight!!!!! In Ep3 he cut thru 3 out of 4 masters in 30 secs.!!
What could CW do with him in battle?! Introduce a threat to him greater than the jedi??
or another Sith Master?  Something personal where he shows what a PO'd Sith Master can do
all by himself. Where he "wipes out" everyone. No witnesses = secret kept.
        make you intelligent."

Offline Dark Clone

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +6/-0
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2011, 01:42:13 PM »
The show started with Ahsoka and I think it will end with her story. We're trying to write to that. We're very much writing in chronological order. No more jumping back and forth in time.
The show needs to be in it's specific timeline that leads into Revenge of the Sith. 

Offline deathfett

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • he's no good to me dead
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2011, 01:58:36 PM »
well the clones armor has changed to phase 2 armor so we are getting there.

Offline Lord-Penter

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2011, 05:23:54 AM »
I get the whole timeline idea & storylines. They have introduced so many new things & I really would love to see Palpatine get mad.
        make you intelligent."

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2011, 10:24:26 PM »

Offline Dark Clone

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +6/-0
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2011, 05:05:56 PM »
Can't wait to see Dengar and how he get's introduced. Is it safe to say that his EU history will be erased?

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2011, 12:45:11 PM »
I also thought Filoni saying he's thinking about what to do with Ahsoka was also a HUGE highlight.  As I think that might have been the biggest question about the animated series other than HOW the hell Anakin could take on a padawan.  ::)

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2011, 05:55:35 PM »
I also thought Filoni saying he's thinking about what to do with Ahsoka was also a HUGE highlight.  As I think that might have been the biggest question about the animated series other than HOW the hell Anakin could take on a padawan.  ::)

KILL HER!!!!!  :o   >:D   ;D  Maybe have dooku kill her( so when anakin kills him in ROTS it has more meaning)  or have her discover who palpatine is then he fries her with force lightning till shes well done.  I suppose either savage or ventress could kill her too...... Not to mention Rex will have to die too

Offline Dark Clone

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +6/-0
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2011, 12:55:25 PM »
So. What did everyone think of the season 4 premiere?
I thought it was kinda drawn out, but at the same time. I thought the Gungans coming to the aid of the Republic was a nice touch. Getting underwater creatures to help fight an underwater battle was good to see. Did I miss something. Where was Boss Nass?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 05:17:24 PM by Dark Clone »

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2011, 06:32:03 PM »
I thought it was kinda drawn out, but at the same time. I thought the Gungans coming to the aid of the Republic was a nice touch. Getting underwater creatures to help fight an underwater battle was good to see. Did I miss something. Where was Boss Nass? wasen't he

Boss Nass must be hanging out with all the former queens of Naboo...... I liked the premiere I assume we get part 3 next week to wrap up the seafood trio?  I liked seeing Akbar   Lots of action but I think they could've wrapped this up in 2 episodes.

Offline Lord-Penter

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2011, 06:55:55 PM »
I loved it, the whole underwater enviroment is cool?  Kept thinking about garlic butter?? MMMMMmmmm....
        make you intelligent."

Offline sithmasterc

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2011, 04:44:33 PM »
Unfortunately I missed it.I went out of town for the weekend.

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2011, 12:50:56 PM »
I thought it was kinda drawn out, but at the same time. I thought the Gungans coming to the aid of the Republic was a nice touch. Getting underwater creatures to help fight an underwater battle was good to see. Did I miss something. Where was Boss Nass? wasen't he

i missed it, damnit

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

Offline Slobba_the_Hutt

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • I'm not your daddy, I'm your grampa
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2011, 06:55:55 PM »
the season 4 opener left me a bit underwhelmed

I did enjoy the little scene with Meena Tills and Jar Jar hugging, and tonight when Jar Jar spit on Padme's helmet

the rest it, meh
I would have liked to see more clone fighting than fishheads blowing up, but that's just me
Hoam skool Dropowt