Author Topic: Clone Wars V.S. EU continuity  (Read 21260 times)

Offline jedibrian77

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
Re: Clone Wars V.S. EU continuity
« Reply #90 on: February 12, 2011, 05:01:38 PM »
I guess Darth dan was right. If that really was Qui-Gon. Than we have continuity issue either way.
When Qui-Gon died. He didn't disappear. So that goes to show that he hadn't mastered the Force spirit thing yet. When Ben and Yoda died. They both disappeared because they already knew how to do it.

EU material has Qui-Gon studying the art before and after he died. During ROTS he was only able to do it by voice, but that leaves him doing it before ROTS according to the CW. But that still leaves Ben's surprise in ROTS.

When Anakin died. He didn't disappear either. Just like Qui-Gon. His body was burned. But at the end of ROTJ. He became a Force Spirit. Either He already knew how to do it (but body didn't disappear) or he was a real fast learner. The only problem I have with that is. He may have redeemed himself, but according to the EU. Sith are not permitted to learn that technique. Because it comes from compassion and not greed.

But in the EU. Sith Lord Marka Ragnos and Exar Kun were just a few that were able to do it. That in itself is the EU over-writing itself

Who said there isnt a similar techinque that sith learn?
"With an army of these, who could defeat us? No one!." -KOTOR 2

Feedback

Offline Dark Clone

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +6/-0
« Reply #91 on: February 12, 2011, 05:19:44 PM »
I guess Darth dan was right. If that really was Qui-Gon. Than we have continuity issue either way.
When Qui-Gon died. He didn't disappear. So that goes to show that he hadn't mastered the Force spirit thing yet. When Ben and Yoda died. They both disappeared because they already knew how to do it.

EU material has Qui-Gon studying the art before and after he died. During ROTS he was only able to do it by voice, but that leaves him doing it before ROTS according to the CW. But that still leaves Ben's surprise in ROTS.

When Anakin died. He didn't disappear either. Just like Qui-Gon. His body was burned. But at the end of ROTJ. He became a Force Spirit. Either He already knew how to do it (but body didn't disappear) or he was a real fast learner. The only problem I have with that is. He may have redeemed himself, but according to the EU. Sith are not permitted to learn that technique. Because it comes from compassion and not greed.

But in the EU. Sith Lord Marka Ragnos and Exar Kun were just a few that were able to do it. That in itself is the EU over-writing itself

Who said there isnt a similar techinque that sith learn?

The EU never explains about Sith doing it. The explaintion with Palpatine was that he needed clones to keep his essence alive.
ROTS novel
Yoda: "Eternal Life"
Qui-Gon: "The ultimate goal of the Sith. Yet they can never achieve it. It comes only by the release of self, not the exaltation of self. It comes through compassion, not greed. Love is the answer to the darkness."
If Qui-Gon has studied this technique for years. Than I'm sure he  would have know if Sith were able to achieve this.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 05:21:13 PM by Dark Clone »

cuyvaldar

« Reply #92 on: February 12, 2011, 06:39:37 PM »

Wasn't it ulic quel-droma and not Exar Kun who became one with force? While Kun was trap, spirit, in the pyramid the rebels used on yavin?

Offline Dark Clone

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +6/-0
« Reply #93 on: February 12, 2011, 08:24:24 PM »

Wasn't it ulic quel-droma and not Exar Kun who became one with force? While Kun was trap, spirit, in the pyramid the rebels used on yavin?
Ulic betrayed Kun on the moon of Yavin 4 and Ulic was than robbed of his Jedi powers by Nomi Sunrider. But later died in her arms and did indeed become one with the Force. Kun's spirit was trapped in all the temples that weren't destroyed because he was able to drain the life force from every Massassi to keep his spirit alive.

Offline jedibrian77

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
« Reply #94 on: February 12, 2011, 10:24:44 PM »

Ulic betrayed Kun on the moon of Yavin 4 and Ulic was than robbed of his Jedi powers by Nomi Sunrider. But later died in her arms and did indeed become one with the Force. Kun's spirit was trapped in all the temples that weren't destroyed because he was able to drain the life force from every Massassi to keep his spirit alive.

There you go, Kun's spirit was trapped by his sithy ritual, ragnos probably used the same ritual, palpatine used clones, and anakin was the chosen one so he gets to do whatever he wants when he dies. I dont really see a problem. The thing you have to remember is that no character in the star wars universe, not even yoda, knows every aspect of both sides of the force. I dont think you can take what he is saying as 100% literal. Remember we know Jedi like to slightly decieve those they are teaching

Feedback

Offline Dark Clone

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +6/-0
« Reply #95 on: February 13, 2011, 09:59:17 AM »

There you go, Kun's spirit was trapped by his sithy ritual, ragnos probably used the same ritual, palpatine used clones, and anakin was the chosen one so he gets to do whatever he wants when he dies. I dont really see a problem. The thing you have to remember is that no character in the star wars universe, not even yoda, knows every aspect of both sides of the force. I dont think you can take what he is saying as 100% literal. Remember we know Jedi like to slightly decieve those they are teaching
Your right and it still contradicts itself. You have one saying Sith can't achieve this, but on the other hand they did. So the Movie cannon is different from the EU. In the EU. Palpatine wasen't a spirit form. His essence survived over Endor according to Mara Jade. So Palpatine can be taken of the list of Sith spirits. He just needed a body to live. That's why he wanted clone bodies. That's why he was hell bent on getting the young Anakin baby as a new and powerful host.

Offline Dark Clone

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +6/-0
« Reply #96 on: February 19, 2011, 01:25:14 PM »
Tarkin retired from the military as a commander before the CW started to become lieutenant governor of his home planet Eriadu.
But in the latest episode of the CW. He was still a capt. during the CW

Offline Dark Clone

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +6/-0
« Reply #97 on: March 12, 2011, 12:50:42 PM »
With last night's episode. The "Coruscant Nights" trilogy took another hit. They might as well re-write this or just do away with it. This Eu story didn't even keep the EU timeline correct. Now this. ::)

Offline Lord-Penter

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • If you only knew.......
« Reply #98 on: April 02, 2011, 06:49:22 AM »
As long as we are fan$ they will do their best but it feels like they're making it up as they go?
"Your arrogance blinds you."
"The ability to speak does not
        make you intelligent."

Offline Dark Clone

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +6/-0
« Reply #99 on: May 02, 2011, 12:51:03 PM »
No solid answer on the whole Qiu-Gon thing. Filoni stated that he dosen't want to give an answer on it. Because he dosen't want to rob fans of there own interpretation on it.

Offline jedibrian77

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
« Reply #100 on: May 02, 2011, 02:37:48 PM »
he dosen't want to rob fans of there own interpretation on it.

In other words "we have no idea we just wanted to put Qui-Gon in the show so we did it"
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 02:38:25 PM by jedibrian77 »

Feedback

Offline Dark Clone

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +6/-0
« Reply #101 on: May 03, 2011, 05:50:33 PM »
he dosen't want to rob fans of there own interpretation on it.

In other words "we have no idea we just wanted to put Qui-Gon in the show so we did it"
;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Dark Clone

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +6/-0
« Reply #102 on: June 24, 2011, 01:36:06 PM »
CW head writer Christian Taylor:
"I never really accessed the SW EU, and that keeps me focused on the CW. I think some writers feel bogged down by the EU.
One of the great things about the CW is that if Lucas says it's true, than it's true. That's not to diminish the storytellers of the
EU, but we get to sit with Lucas and hear him explain in detail what the rules of the Force are, and what the rules of the Jedi Order
are."
*All this contradicts what Filoni first said about the CW. That he was going to stay true to the EU. I think we can stop trying to tie-in the EU to the movies.

Asked about the Qui-Gon Force spirit:
"I think it may be a little unfair of me to give a definitive answer. I think the Force is incredibily powerful and the ability to manifest after death is something that only a few Jedi can do. We can't be definitive because it is Mortis and nothing on Mortis can be trusted or believed."

Ahoska
"The show started with her, and I think it will end with her story. We're trying to write to that. We're very much writing in chronological order now. We're not jumping back and forth in time anymore."

Offline Dark Clone

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +6/-0
« Reply #103 on: February 25, 2012, 10:44:12 AM »
Nightsisters have been purged, but in the EU. They have always been around. 

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
  • wampa's prefer eating rebels vs. imps, less armour
« Reply #104 on: February 25, 2012, 08:51:10 PM »
Most of them died, but mother Talzin lived and I'm sure a few ran off and got away off camera. 
--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.

Offline Dark Clone

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +6/-0
« Reply #105 on: February 26, 2012, 12:15:35 PM »
Most of them died, but mother Talzin lived and I'm sure a few ran off and got away off camera.
Mother Talzin: "It is over, sister."
Ventress: "No one remains? It is my fault."

True mother Talzin remains, but all the Nightsisters have been purged.

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #106 on: February 27, 2012, 08:45:11 PM »
Mother Talzin: "It is over, sister."
Ventress: "No one remains? It is my fault."

True mother Talzin remains, but all the Nightsisters have been purged.

Ehhh she'll just recruit some  or make them out of magic mud or something.  Remember to really follow sci-fi you have to suspend disbelief.
--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.

Offline Lord-Penter

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • If you only knew.......
« Reply #107 on: February 28, 2012, 06:41:10 AM »
Talzin could be pulling a "Yoda"? going into exile? waiting?
"Your arrogance blinds you."
"The ability to speak does not
        make you intelligent."

Offline Dark Clone

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +6/-0
« Reply #108 on: March 03, 2012, 10:31:29 AM »
Talzin could be pulling a "Yoda"? going into exile? waiting?
Actually she is waiting. On Savage to bring Maul back.

Offline Dark Clone

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +6/-0
« Reply #109 on: March 03, 2012, 10:33:02 AM »
Looks like Dengar's early EU history has been over-written. Looks like he has always been a bounty hunter. Unlike how the EU has written him. In the EU he became a bounty hunter after the Empire re-bulit him to serve them.

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #110 on: March 03, 2012, 11:33:47 AM »
Looks like Dengar's early EU history has been over-written. Looks like he has always been a bounty hunter. Unlike how the EU has written him. In the EU he became a bounty hunter after the Empire re-bulit him to serve them.

See I remember reading somewhere that he wrecked in a swoop race against Han Solo, thus the bandages.

Offline Dark Clone

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +6/-0
« Reply #111 on: March 03, 2012, 01:08:56 PM »

See I remember reading somewhere that he wrecked in a swoop race against Han Solo, thus the bandages.
Yep. And the Empire re-built him to serve there needs as an enforcer. But when he refused to kill kids. The Empire had no need for him and thus he fled and became a bounty hunter.   
As you can see in the CW. He was already a bounty hunter and he already had a wrap on his head. Like a fashion statement to how he likes to look. But more importantly. There are no visible scars on his face from ever being in a swoop accident. So I'm guessing his scars that we see in "Empire" are just from years of being a bounty hunter

Offline jacensolo66

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +82/-0
« Reply #112 on: March 03, 2012, 10:31:35 PM »
*waves hand* there is no eu, just the movies and clone wars.

Offline Dark Clone

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +6/-0
« Reply #113 on: March 04, 2012, 09:02:34 AM »
*waves hand* there is no eu, just the movies and clone wars.
That's what I do. Try and seperate the two. I like when the EU gets over-written by the "true" cannon.

Offline Dark Clone

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +6/-0
« Reply #114 on: September 15, 2012, 11:30:43 AM »
Been reading the Darth Maul series from DH.
I'm sure that there will be more EU continuity issues when the CW starts.

Offline Bloodant

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +98/-0
  • If at 1st you don't succeed, skydiving isn't 4 you
« Reply #115 on: September 15, 2012, 03:00:57 PM »
But what happens when Cannon gets written over cannon, cause Han shot first.
Wants
Feedback
My Blog
New Recruits
私は星戦争を愛する!

Offline Dark Clone

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +6/-0
« Reply #116 on: September 29, 2012, 08:45:01 AM »
The EU took some hits with Lucas Cannon.
Even tough Yoda talked about "Rule of Two" in PM. This could over-write his own cannon, or it's just the Sith changing history.

The Darth Maul comic series "Death Sentence" totally does not fit in with this episode.

Finally. Adi Gallia gets killed by Savage, but in the EU. She is killed by Grievous.
No matter how people want to defend the EU fitting with Lucas Cannon. You can't argue with the death of a character in different cannon. 
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 08:49:24 AM by Dark Clone »

Offline Dark Clone

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +6/-0
« Reply #117 on: October 13, 2012, 11:40:45 AM »
Been reading the Darth Maul series from DH.
I'm sure that there will be more EU continuity issues when the CW starts.

3 issues in and already alot of continuity issues just like I figured.

Offline Dark Clone

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +6/-0
« Reply #118 on: November 10, 2012, 05:36:40 PM »
With Huyang seeming to be in charge of watching over and teaching padawans how to construct their lightsabers for over a 1000 years mean that the EU stories have been de-bunked.
A rite of passage for a padawn to become a Jedi meant building his/her own 1st lightsaber by themselves.

Offline Dark Clone

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +6/-0
« Reply #119 on: January 11, 2013, 03:22:35 PM »
Uh let's see this latest episode obeys the rule of 2 law... Dooku has a secret apprentice, Ventress.  Palpatine finds out and says eliminate her so he does.... Or at least he thinks he does.....: George Lucas himself has stated that Sith are always trying to overthrow their masters to gain more power.   Look how Vader wanted Luke to help him overthrow the emporer in ESB. This episode just makes sense as far as the rule of 2 goes.
Stick a fork in it this argument is done. :P

True.
But Vader and Dooku both were Sith Lords and when a Sith Lord takes on an apprentice. That breaks the "Rule of Two"
Because you have 2 Sith Lords and an apprentice. That's 3. No matter if the apprentice is secret or not. It's still a Sith apprentice.
We all know the "Rule of Two" gets broken eventually, so it may have been during Palpatines reign rather he knew about or not.

We can stick a fork in this argument now.
In the new CW magazine. They state that Maul has broken Dart Bane's all-important Rule of Two by taking Savage as his apprentice.