Author Topic: Clone Wars Season 2: Latest Episode Discussion  (Read 96742 times)

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
  • Pull your skirt back down, grow a set man
    • starwarsgeek.net
Re: Clone Wars Season 2: Latest Episode Discussion
« Reply #540 on: April 30, 2010, 08:07:05 PM »
Yeah, Boba was a puss. WTF? How does this little whiny pissy punk eventually turn into the galaxy's biggest baddest bounty hunter?

Yo I'm sittin on top of the- It's more than a feeling ain't it?
I be killin damn it, I'm illin and I'm illin'
Eh eh eh meet Mr. Popular, Go get your binoculars
And see Penthouse 3 where a ni**a be
They whisperin about us
I know you haters doubt us
How you count our money we ain't even finish countin'
Pardon me I must say, I'm kinda like a big deal...

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #541 on: April 30, 2010, 09:15:56 PM »
I was a tad dismayed with Ahsoka taking out the Slave I with just her lightsaber.  ::)
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline Darth Doomy-Doom

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #542 on: April 30, 2010, 09:16:08 PM »
Well, don't forget... a) he's a kid b) the only person/people he hates at this point are the Jedi/Mace. I'm sure that once he matures a bit more, destroying a bunch of kids wouldn't bother him a bit, but I guess that since he's still a kid himself, he kinda felt bad.

You know, the toned-down Fett kinda bothered me too, but your explanation makes sense.

That said, I was still not wowed (except for Artoo's antics in delaying the bounty hunters).  Basic-speaking Bossk was a bit surprising, but it didn't really bother me.  What DID bother me was the apparent destruction of Jango's helmet, the Slave I, and Aurra Sing.  Until I hear otherwise, I'm choosing to believe that Sing and the ship survived.  Aurra is a decent adversary who could be utilized some more in the next season, but the wanton rewriting of canon really takes a lot away from what we know and love about Boba Fett.  There were some opportunities that they could have taken to establish his future character, but they wasted them.

I dunno, man...next season has a lot to make up for.

cuyvaldar

« Reply #543 on: May 01, 2010, 02:36:03 PM »
At least Im not alone in my opinion.

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #544 on: May 01, 2010, 10:05:34 PM »
I thought it was a great episode and had no complaints at all. Next season I am wondering is IF thats when asoka will die cause just like the trailer she is seein some part of the future like anakin did.
Transformers,...Robots in disguise!
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline Darth Zombius

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +8/-0
  • Four Horseman!! Awww Yeah!!
« Reply #545 on: May 02, 2010, 09:15:07 PM »
I don't know what happened... The beginning two episodes had soo much promise but the last one just fell short. It was like they could have left a decent cliff hanger, or set it up to go into season three. It was like someone couldn't figure out an ending...

Color me disappointed.

Maybe Fett's time in prison hardens him up... Bobba, meet Bubba.

:o :o
"Oh, yes. Wormheads. Twin tendrils off head. Females much yum-yum."
―Vilmarh Grahr

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
  • Pull your skirt back down, grow a set man
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #546 on: May 02, 2010, 09:54:30 PM »
It was like they could have left a decent cliff hanger, or set it up to go into season three.

My thoughts exactly. Although, really, what kind of cliff hanger could they do? They couldn't leave you hanging on was Anakin/Mace/Boba/Obi-Wan/etc. etc. etc. dead, because we all know that they are not, and nothing bad will happen to them during these shows. And personally, I think that takes something away from the overall experience.

When I was young and watched the films at the theater, you didn't know if Luke was going to get killed trying to blow up the Death Star. You didn't know if Han was going to die being frozen in carbonite. The problem with this entire show is that we already know what happens AFTER all these stories are done. We know who is still alive. They can't throw us a curveball and kill Aayla Secura or Eeth Koth or anyone that we already know survives until the next part. And I think that takes something away from it all. You don't get scared or feel that something bad might happen when Anakin runs off to do something foolish, we know he survives.

Yo I'm sittin on top of the- It's more than a feeling ain't it?
I be killin damn it, I'm illin and I'm illin'
Eh eh eh meet Mr. Popular, Go get your binoculars
And see Penthouse 3 where a ni**a be
They whisperin about us
I know you haters doubt us
How you count our money we ain't even finish countin'
Pardon me I must say, I'm kinda like a big deal...

Offline Darth Zombius

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +8/-0
« Reply #547 on: May 03, 2010, 09:11:18 AM »
It was like they could have left a decent cliff hanger, or set it up to go into season three.

My thoughts exactly. Although, really, what kind of cliff hanger could they do? They couldn't leave you hanging on was Anakin/Mace/Boba/Obi-Wan/etc. etc. etc. dead, because we all know that they are not, and nothing bad will happen to them during these shows. And personally, I think that takes something away from the overall experience.

When I was young and watched the films at the theater, you didn't know if Luke was going to get killed trying to blow up the Death Star. You didn't know if Han was going to die being frozen in carbonite. The problem with this entire show is that we already know what happens AFTER all these stories are done. We know who is still alive. They can't throw us a curveball and kill Aayla Secura or Eeth Koth or anyone that we already know survives until the next part. And I think that takes something away from it all. You don't get scared or feel that something bad might happen when Anakin runs off to do something foolish, we know he survives.

I agree on that! It's like there is nothing to really care about. One thing they could have done was left some peril... Like maybe Boba and Mace going one on one... Not a fair fight. Showcasing Boba's sly and dirty play. Mace left wonded without his Lightsaber... Heck anything would be better than him going to Galactic Prison. Also it would have been nice to have a little more dialog between Boba and Mace. 
―Vilmarh Grahr

cuyvaldar

« Reply #548 on: May 03, 2010, 10:12:44 AM »

I agree on that! It's like there is nothing to really care about. One thing they could have done was left some peril... Like maybe Boba and Mace going one on one... Not a fair fight. Showcasing Boba's sly and dirty play. Mace left wonded without his Lightsaber... Heck anything would be better than him going to Galactic Prison. Also it would have been nice to have a little more dialog between Boba and Mace. 

You mean instead of his "I want to go to tashie station for power converters" whine session with Mace

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
  • What's so wrong about wanting power converters?
« Reply #549 on: May 03, 2010, 10:22:13 AM »
The trailer for season 3 was a nice little tease. Just wished it was a bit longer. I did like that quick little glimpse of an adult Ahsoka walking around what looked like Kamino. At least I hope it was. It might give a glimpse into what the future holds for her character.

:) SUPPORT JEFFERSON'S JEDI! :)

MY FEEDBACK
thejawa.com - Scavenging the Collectibles Galaxy!

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
  • wampa's prefer eating rebels vs. imps, less armour
« Reply #550 on: May 03, 2010, 03:39:44 PM »
Well, don't forget... a) he's a kid b) the only person/people he hates at this point are the Jedi/Mace. I'm sure that once he matures a bit more, destroying a bunch of kids wouldn't bother him a bit, but I guess that since he's still a kid himself, he kinda felt bad.

You know, the toned-down Fett kinda bothered me too, but your explanation makes sense.

That said, I was still not wowed (except for Artoo's antics in delaying the bounty hunters).  Basic-speaking Bossk was a bit surprising, but it didn't really bother me.  What DID bother me was the apparent destruction of Jango's helmet, the Slave I, and Aurra Sing.  Until I hear otherwise, I'm choosing to believe that Sing and the ship survived.  Aurra is a decent adversary who could be utilized some more in the next season, but the wanton rewriting of canon really takes a lot away from what we know and love about Boba Fett.  There were some opportunities that they could have taken to establish his future character, but they wasted them.

I dunno, man...next season has a lot to make up for.

yeah I think aurra Sing survived the crash of slave one and will get it running again to come save boba and bossk who we know don't stay in prison forever.... besides it makes for a nice excuse for the new paintjob it will get...... as for bossk speaking basic, we don't know that he can't speak basic, it's just that in the empire strikes back he speaks another language, maybe he speaks many languages.  What has been bugging me is that we never see any aurra sing lightsaber action, hell she's a fallen jedi, who carries a lightsaber in the comics.... did the clonewars writers forget this?  I don't think this story arc is over folks I think it'll be revisisted in season 3

--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
  • wampa's prefer eating rebels vs. imps, less armour
« Reply #551 on: May 03, 2010, 03:42:44 PM »
The trailer for season 3 was a nice little tease. Just wished it was a bit longer. I did like that quick little glimpse of an adult Ahsoka walking around what looked like Kamino. At least I hope it was. It might give a glimpse into what the future holds for her character.

Ahsoka must die.....so that anakin has more fear of loss.... i wonder if the dreams are of her own demise......
--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
  • What's so wrong about wanting power converters?
« Reply #552 on: May 04, 2010, 07:57:55 AM »
Ahsoka must die....

Says who? I think the fear of loss instilled from his mothers death and then Padme's was more than enough to do the trick.

Maybe I'm alone on an island on this one, but I don't think we're going to see the death of Ahsoka in this series no matter how long it runs. I still think she survives the purge and goes into hiding. Maybe showing up in the live action series.

:) SUPPORT JEFFERSON'S JEDI! :)

MY FEEDBACK
thejawa.com - Scavenging the Collectibles Galaxy!

Offline Darth Zombius

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +8/-0
« Reply #553 on: May 04, 2010, 09:33:10 AM »
Ahsoka must die....

Says who? I think the fear of loss instilled from his mothers death and then Padme's was more than enough to do the trick.

Maybe I'm alone on an island on this one, but I don't think we're going to see the death of Ahsoka in this series no matter how long it runs. I still think she survives the purge and goes into hiding. Maybe showing up in the live action series.

Wormie, you might be on to something there. Kind of seems like something Lucas would do.
―Vilmarh Grahr

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #554 on: June 03, 2010, 10:54:15 AM »
I agree with Wormie, HOW they hell could they kill her now?  There are too many kiddies that'd be devastated.  When this series began, I could only think she has to die, now I can't see how she could.  It'd be like killing C-3PO at this point.
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

cuyvaldar

« Reply #555 on: June 04, 2010, 11:09:05 AM »
I agree with Wormie, HOW they hell could they kill her now?  There are too many kiddies that'd be devastated.  When this series began, I could only think she has to die, now I can't see how she could.  It'd be like killing C-3PO at this point.

They killed Optimus Prime.....

I doubt highly that most kids who watch this show, boys, give a rats rear about ahsucka.