Author Topic: Star Wars Live Action Show  (Read 14890 times)

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
Re: Star Wars Live Action Show
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2009, 10:37:27 AM »
They might have, the last report I read said they were wrapping pre-production.  I wouldn't doubt they'd have at least a TRAILER available by CV, anything less would be a major disappointment.
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
  • What's so wrong about wanting power converters?
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2009, 10:58:56 AM »
...anything less would be a major disappointment.

Well prepare for disappointment is my advice. Remember going into C4 the rumor was they were going to screen 1 or even 2 episodes of Clone Wars? We ended up with a 2-minute preview and some behind-the-scenes stuff. I think best case scenario is that's what you get in August.

:) SUPPORT JEFFERSON'S JEDI! :)

MY FEEDBACK
thejawa.com - Scavenging the Collectibles Galaxy!

Offline scalperhunter1

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2010, 09:02:34 PM »
Have we heard any more about this?
Light side, dark side, light side, dark side, light side, dark side. So many choices, so little time.

Offline chewykingwookie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +63/-0
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2010, 09:27:25 PM »
probably a no go. GL is more interested in doing animation than live action. this series was supposed to be out before the Clone Wars even started.

Offline Dark Clone

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +6/-0
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2010, 11:32:46 AM »
Set between EP III and EP IV.

GL "The Skywalkers aren't in it, and it's about minor characters."
    " It has nothing to do with Luke Skywalker or Darth Vader or any of those people. It's completely different, but it's a good idea, and it's going to be a lot of fun to do."

I know we will all want to watch it, but I hope it's not like reading the "Invasion" comic.
There was rumors about Boba Fett being in it. Maybe in GL eyes. He wasen't a major character.

Offline Major fett

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +52/-0
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2010, 10:58:05 PM »
Takes place between 3 and 4 a time when Vader should be hunting down Jedi, but no Jedi or Vader? ???
I always thought Lucas said Star Wars is the story of the rise and fall of Anakin, or at the very least about Skywalkers in general.

Lucas has described the series as "Deadwood" meets "The Sopranos" in space. The show is going to be told from the perspective of a crime family, that is operating under the radar of the Empire.
Sounds so interesting about two shows I never even watched, the premise does sounds interesting but only if they have substance and character driven stories. Also does C-3PO have to be in everything does this guy work that cheap or does Lucas owe him.
You'll soon realize I am the last of the Jedi, And your time has come to an end!

TAC Coins Needed
3, 9, 11, 34, 51, 52, 54.

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
  • wampa's prefer eating rebels vs. imps, less armour
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2010, 11:13:02 PM »
Sounds like this show is going to be delayed some....
--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.

cuyvaldar

« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2010, 09:17:44 AM »
Sounds like this show is going to be "deleted"....

Fixed it for ya bro

Offline Bloodant

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +98/-0
  • If at 1st you don't succeed, skydiving isn't 4 you
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2010, 03:50:27 PM »
Funny
but not funny if it's true lol  ::)
Wants
Feedback
My Blog
New Recruits
私は星戦争を愛する!

Offline Dark Clone

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +6/-0
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2010, 05:43:51 PM »
I just hope it gets off the ground. I remember hearing about it at C IV and was coming out in 2010. Here we are in 2010 and still nothing new to report.

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2010, 07:25:15 PM »
I thought it was at Toy Fair in 2008 but to say it's more than a disappoinment to see this being delayed is an understatement.  I hope season 3 of Clone Wars is as good as everyone is telling me it is.  :-\
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline Major fett

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +52/-0
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2010, 02:53:41 PM »
Very sad news indeed, I think as time goes by the viability for the series diminishes. After ROTS was SW high point to launch this even two years after, but now if it ever does materialize I think the audience just isn't there anymore. Seems he's happy churning out that animated crap, don't get me wrong it's okay but I just can't get into it like I did the movies.
Also I honestly can't see why GL thinks it will cost too much to produce, Stargate has done 3 series with very adequate special effects, action, and stories.
You'll soon realize I am the last of the Jedi, And your time has come to an end!

TAC Coins Needed
3, 9, 11, 34, 51, 52, 54.

Offline Bloodant

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +98/-0
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2010, 05:12:10 PM »
He'll actually have to write a story.....or two, in lieu of all the pretty pictures....
Wants
Feedback
My Blog
New Recruits
私は星戦争を愛する!

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2010, 09:12:10 PM »
He'll actually have to write a story.....or two, in lieu of all the pretty pictures....

bingo !  and we know that might not be his best attribute

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

cuyvaldar

« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2010, 08:37:45 AM »
Funny
but not funny if it's true lol  ::)

True

bingo !  and we know that might not be his best attribute

Ain't that the truth

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2010, 11:35:11 PM »
The report I read suggested they had alot fo it scripted but didn't know how to cut down their special effects budget for T.V....... heres a thought George either make it into a few movies or sell it to like HBO or some cable channel where people have to pay  extra to watch... that ought to help the budget.....
--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.

cuyvaldar

« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2010, 06:57:42 AM »
The report I read suggested they had alot fo it scripted but didn't know how to cut down their special effects budget for T.V....... heres a thought George either make it into a few movies or sell it to like HBO or some cable channel where people have to pay  extra to watch... that ought to help the budget.....

What and not put it on cartoonsuckwork  :P

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2010, 06:56:49 PM »

What and not put it on cartoonsuckwork  :P

hahaha :P

cuyvaldar

« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2010, 07:08:53 PM »
s**t put it on hbo and i'll get it

Offline Dark Clone

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +6/-0
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2010, 04:11:26 PM »
If he does that, than he might have to share some of the money. He'd rather see it sit than let someone else help and profit from it.

cuyvaldar

« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2010, 09:56:13 PM »
If he does that, than he might have to share some of the money. He'd rather see it sit than let someone else help and profit from it.

Yeah but he shares some bread with the morons at cartoonnetwork.

Offline Bloodant

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +98/-0
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2010, 03:56:54 PM »

I would acutally have to order HBO if it was aired on there.
Wants
Feedback
My Blog
New Recruits
私は星戦争を愛する!

cuyvaldar

« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2010, 12:43:29 PM »

I would acutally have to order HBO if it was aired on there.

See that's two fold for me. The wife likes trueblood and well...I like star wars, and hot vampire naked chicks, so it's super win for me.